Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

What happened yesterday? I was reading a thread and when I tried to navigate somewhere else, I got this. I tried to connect to Doomworld and got a "502 bad gateway" error. It happened at 7h24PM. (To make sure you get the exact idea of the time, this was on the 13th and I'm UTC-4)

Screenshot at 2017-07-13 19-24-49.png

That happened to me this morning (that was 6 hours ago). I doubt it's something big though.

Hi, if you click the Code button and type in your stuff in the box that pops up, and then put the code box in your post between a pair of old-fashioned [/spoiler] tags, the code will be completely screwed up.

Was out and about today and decided to bring up the forum on my phone. Got a huge message telling me I'd been banned -- but other than a list of infractions from months ago, there was no reason given. Oddly, the message persisted (sans infractions) in an incognito tab (i.e. not logged in.)

Came home and everything is fine on desktop. Tested my phone on wi-fi and it was fine. It's only when attempting to access the site via LTE that I get the BANNED message.

Gave me a shock at first, thought to myself "surely I wasn't THAT bad in that one thread!"

@dethtoll someone who used that phone number/IP address before you got banned from here by the IP Address. And since you have that same IP Address using mobile network, the ban message will still show up. The reason WiFi and your computer works is because you use a different IP Address on those networks.

So don't worry, the IP Address is banned, not your account. :)

Now I wonder what loser on Cricket shitposted on Doomworld, because I used to be able to connect fine.

Man I'm on Cricket, you think I can afford a VPN?

It's just me, though. I use LTE a lot because my wi-fi doesn't reach this side of the house very well and it's non-existent in the bathroom. Kinda sucks that I can't access the forums from my phone.

How am I supposed to post while shitting? (as opposed to shitposting)

@dethtoll well, i dont know too much about American networks. But there are free VPN apps that actually work pretty well, like Hotspot Shield and Betternet (for Android, iOS and even Windows)

Seems to work again after a restart of my phone.

(Also Cricket has a reputation for being the "poor" network -- their stores are often in impoverished neighborhoods, their phones are mostly crap Androids and Windows phones, and they're not nearly as glamorous as Verizon or AT&T... but I pay $45/mo for 8gb data and it's never dropped a call.)

Any time I try to post a photo from my phone into a thread, I get an error message right before it is finished uploading that reads, "(error message) -200).

Just google "image compressor" and you will find a ton of them. You have to upload your file to them, it will compress the picture, you download it. Upload it to DW, and live a happy life :)

I found a solution.  I am able to post screenshots of the pictures I want to upload.  Thanks for the help though, guys.

On 8/2/2017 at 4:32 PM, bzzrak said:

Hi, if you click the Code button and type in your stuff in the box that pops up, and then put the code box in your post between a pair of old-fashioned [/spoiler] tags, the code will be completely screwed up.

How's the code fucked up? Please clarify

using teh new badass flashy code button in the new badass flashy wysiwyg editor

using oldfag spoiler BBCode tags

2017-08-14 18_45_24-Site and_or forum bugs or things not working - Page 31 - Everything Else - Doomw.png

2017-08-14 18_45_40-Site and_or forum bugs or things not working - Page 31 - Everything Else - Doomw.png

edit: not only that, but also the code is not inside the code text box thingy, as I guess it outgh to

Is there any way to use "<" and ">" in a post without it disappearing?

Response:  Not functional

Hey guys. Any ideas what could cause empty lines to disappear when I paste them into the post form? Like I can write

[aaa

bbb]

in Notepad++. But Doomworld turns that into

[aaa

bbb]