Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

I did nothing other than the usual I think (lurking) No idea what's going on so It's not me this time :v

For posterity, I was testing out an anti-threadbumping message on old threads. But I wanted to make sure only I could see the test implementation so I thought, well, I'll just add:

if(member_id == 1)

except, of course, I accidentally typed

if(member_id = 1)

I like it, but it kinda surprised me the first time i heard it, i think it gives the site more of an identity just like how the "like" buttons were changed into powerups instead of a generic heart

21 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

I have never heard the pop-up sound, personally.

image.png.b17f6688cae200d255cb8eb56c6df02d.png

Me neither, I guess it's disabled by default for me. Never bothered to check though.

2 hours ago, Linguica said:

If anyone did any funny business they should admit it now or get permabanned when I find your IP logs.

Only a post about this issue in this thread, that's been already removed.

Thank you for your honesty!

IN OTHER NEWS the anti-threadbumping message is now in place, it should only show up for threads with no replies for more than 3 months, and it's disabled for the demo forum, where moribund threads are the norm. Hopefully this will stem the recent glut of people registering to reply to some ancient thread. (You may not have noticed since we quickly hide / delete them most of the time.)

I just noticed we can longer modify replies older than an hour (maybe less), Is this intentional? too bad we're gonna have to bump threads if we want to add more to our messages now.

EDIT: test

Edited by dmg_64

You will have to give an example or a screenshot or something because otherwise I don't know what you are talking about. I haven't changed anything in regards to editing posts in quite some time and the admin panel suggests you can edit forever.

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 6.39.00 PM.png

In the Random Image thread, specifically this post, I don't think it's worth bumping the thread just for that.

Edited by dmg_64 : oops, typo

Doesn't work for me, I also tried clearing my browser cache and cookies and even used a different browser and I'm still getting the same error. maybe only normal users are affected by this and not admins lol.

23 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

Doesn't work for me, I also tried clearing my browser cache and cookies and even used a different browser and I'm still getting the same error. maybe only normal users are affected by this and not admins lol.

I can edit my posts fine.

2 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

even the ones older than an hour? weird.

Have you tried editing any of your other posts older than an hour?

Very minor thing, but I noticed the "member group" line below the avatar is missing, that is, the little line that said, "Members", "Moderators", "Super Moderators", "Administrators", etc beneath a member's avatar. Was this removed, out of curiosity or did something actually happen?

Edit: Nevermind, I see what was done with it. Cool.

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

It's not much a complaint, but more as suggestion - it would be great if we could upload a bit bigger size of covers or let them link from internet, I found 0,24mb way too restricting. 

Hover over their avatar / username and you can see "Content count" which is the same thing.

"504 Gateway Time-out" multiple times throughout the day when trying to access the idgames "legacy" browser.  Is that an error or are we finally being forced to use the crappy new one?