Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

On 6/17/2018 at 7:00 PM, Edward850 said:

// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Encrypts everything, returns true if successful
bool DoEncryption(const char* userKey)
{
    // FIXME: Add encryption code
    return true;
}

Heh. Reminds me of the RNG used for encryption on the PS2 (I think). Saw a DefCon video on it:

int GenerateRandomNumber(void)
{
    return 4;
}

One of my notifications disappeared. It was there, closed the notifications tab, opened it again a while later and it was gone. It was a notification about people posting in a thread I'm following, I even checked the thread to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

39 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

One of my notifications disappeared. It was there, closed the notifications tab, opened it again a while later and it was gone. It was a notification about people posting in a thread I'm following, I even checked the thread to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

So I wasn't imagining things, it happened to me as well a few hours ago too.

Seems, text files were mixed up at beta download page:
(I hope with new pigeon06 update, text file places will be fixed up, everything was sent in ftp server and email to maintainer was also sent too few hours ago)
FvQWgHm.png

nCjye3s.png

Opening a link to a post seems really random.

Sometimes you get the actual post, but often you see the intended post for a moment (blink and you miss it,) and then the screen shifts to somewhere else on the page.

Looks like some more text files/zip files got mixed up in the Downloads beta page.  The download page for Sucker Punch shows the text file for my level, Freaky Panties, and the download button also links to the Freaky Panties zip file.

Meanwhile, the download page for Freaky Panties can't find a download file at all and is missing the text file.

I'm pinging @Rook since they let me know about this ^_^

Problem is still here. Instead of geting updated pigeon06 file and text file at beta download page, I get Trace of Soylent wad and textfile. Other mirrors links to non-updated zip with content.

Just noticed...

In the Downloads (Beta) section of this site, there seems to have been a mix-up in the upload of my level. If you select Bloody Boots, you can see the file information, .wad and .txt are for someone else's wad. Seems to be fine in the /idgames database (legacy) section though.

On 7/24/2018 at 7:12 PM, lowpass30Hz said:

Just noticed...

In the Downloads (Beta) section of this site, there seems to have been a mix-up in the upload of my level. If you select Bloody Boots, you can see the file information, .wad and .txt are for someone else's wad. Seems to be fine in the /idgames database (legacy) section though.

Update: The file information is all correct now but the actual files are still for another WAD (Good Vibrations).

Confirmed. Abyssal 37 have messed up with Lilith-rsrc info and DL link.

P.S. Also this happened...

Spoiler

ymL2jLv.png

Edited by riderr3

When I reset my password on my old account, I was forced to create a new account. Please have my email address point to the old one again, or merge the two accounts somehow. Thanks.

Edited by IoriBranford

1 hour ago, ixfd64 said:

I haven't been on Doomworld in a while and am not sure if this has been posted, but some parts of the site are still broken following the redesign. Example, the classic Doom editors page is returning a 404 error: https://doomworld.com/classicdoom/utils/editors.php

I couldn't think of a good reason why those pages shouldn't work, so I reenabled them.

15 hours ago, Linguica said:

I couldn't think of a good reason why those pages shouldn't work, so I reenabled them.

Thanks!

On 8/22/2018 at 7:11 AM, antares031 said:

I know that the issue with idgames beta was mentioned before. But just want to tell you that Struggle : Antaresian Legacy also is missing the zip file and text on the page as well. I hope it's fixed soon.

Well, the text file later turned up here, if that helps.

The specifics of the text file bug appear to be "WAD with id n uses the text file of WAD with id n+1, and WAD with id n+1 has no text file until the next WAD comes along."

The max total size for post attachments has been going down A LOT. It was 25 MB originally, then I noticed it was just below 6 MB, and it has continued to drop.

19 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

The max total size for post attachments has been going down A LOT. It was 25 MB originally, then I noticed it was just below 6 MB, and it has continued to drop.

Sounds more like you're running into your account limit. You can only have 50MB of attachments max, you can clean up old attachments in the "My Attachments" page under your profile.

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Sounds more like you're running into your account limit. You can only have 50MB of attachments max, you can clean up old attachments in the "My Attachments" page under your profile.

Ohhh, ok ok, sorry. Didn't know that was a thing, but it makes sense.

The idgames wrapper is a chaotic dysfunctional mess right now that's mixing up wads.  It's even confusing reviewers, where they think they're downloading one wad but play and review a different one.

Example: the Northern Powerhouse page download/txt are of Jagdogger's First Map; but Northern Powerhouse's download/txt show up in Office Building's page.

https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/19205-northern-powerhouse/

https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/19204-office-building/
https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/19206-jagdoggers-very-first-level-mock-up/

This was mentioned months ago and still nobody cared. That's why I keep my recent map on hold. 

1 hour ago, Myst.Haruko said:

This was mentioned months ago and still nobody cared.

Let's remind ourselves real quick that this site is run as a "sort of hobby" above all things. It's not like people don't care, everybody's got limited time on their hands. This forum's software is paid for, meaning the admins didn't write it themselves. That said, they have to work with somebody else's code, which is probably more difficult than fixing something they themselves have written in the first place.