Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

1 minute ago, antares031 said:

Am I the only one who noticed the difference to the Doomworld?

???

What are you talking about, antares031? Doomworld has always looked like this.

4 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

DW looks the same to me. What changed? 

Sorry if I was mistaken, guys. But after about a week since the last visit, the site looks "different" then before. And I couldn't find any news about the redesign of the site. Not to mention that, for some reason, the url has changed to https://dev.doomworld.com to my browser.

6 minutes ago, antares031 said:

Sorry if I was mistaken, guys. But after about a week since the last visit, the site looks "different" then before. And I couldn't find any news about the redesign of the site. Not to mention that, for some reason, the url has changed to https://dev.doomworld.com to my browser.

And also, the /idgames site returns an error, and the Home site redirects to the Forum.

And BTW, when in hell i made an account here and why i have Neo as my profile pic?

Same here! All up to date and different. I mean it's infinitely more mobile friendly, which is great, but a lack of home page seems rather a loss...

Edit: At a hunch, it looks like Doomworld has flipped over to a more modern dev version of the forum software. Everything seems to be working fine, it's just got a totally changed UI.

Mobile view attached.

Screenshot_20170313-222454.png

Edited by Bauul

Huh, since I guess this is the place to leave feedback on the new design, some things I've noticed:

• User avatars get upscaled. Das bad.
  • Image thumbnails in the Downloads/Files ("idgames") section aren't resized proportionally; they get squashed/stretched to fit the little square boxes.
  • Info at the bottom of short posts isn't anchored to the bottom of the screen -- see here (Also that's a hella lot of whitespace in desktop mode).
  • Old links don't get forwarded -- I had this open in a browser window and it's gone n' rotted. Apologies if this is already on the to-do list.
  • Where's the non-WYSIWYG post editor? I just had to fight some of the autoformatting above to get a link to render correctly, and these bullet lists are being extra-sticky.

And some opinions:

• The font size is far too big for my taste on desktop devices. I had to check to see if my browser was zoomed in. :P
  • The mixing of serif/sans-serif fonts (e.g. usernames vs post texts) isn't pleasing to the eyes IMO.
  • Colors are mostly fine (good to see the Doomworld blues still here), but the "Start new topic" and "Reply to this topic" buttons are too dark to see (perhaps a "missed a spot" in the style config).
  • Likes and Reputation are weird noise. I'd rather not. :<

[Browser info: I'm one of those Vivaldi-using weirdos, but it's basically Chrome-equivalent so pretend I'm using that.]

[Also, a lot of this is CSS stuff so let me know if I should throw some sample edits up; I do this sort of thing for a living now for some odd reason. ;]

It's a bit of culture shock in general, and there's a lot of stuff that I'm going to hold back to make sure it's not just a "need to get used to it" thing. I'll of course play around with it more and see how the new features work out; being able to track particular threads will be a boon for sure, the expanded user profiles are a huge plus, and having screenshots on the "/idgames" equivalent is ultra-nice. So it's not all complaints; just "necessary roughness."

[EDIT] After checking out the default theme, most of my nitpicks are indeed style-related. Lemme know if you could use an extra hand tinkering with the CSS; that's not an idle promise, though my time availability this week is a bit limited since I'm tied up with a (surprisingly-relevant) other thing.

[DOUBLE-EDIT] Welp, I ended up here via a (intentional? not?) redirect from the main page to dev.doomworld.com -- so maybe I'm not supposed to be here? O:.

Copying this stuff in case the post goes "poof" in a reset or whatever.

Edited by Xaser : Added a quick addendum re:themes. Also, edit reasons are cool.

I mistyped my password twice since I use a handful of slightly different passwords and was locked out for a quarter hour which seems to be an unintended change with the update. Also the forum looks like trash now.

Really not a fan of the new layout. It's fine for mobile but I don't go to DW on mobile if I can help it. It looks awful on desktop.

Also I understand that Post Hell was meant to get thrown in the abyss during the flip, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I don't like the new design.

Not that it matters anyway, considering I don't come here a lot anymore.

But I don't like it.

There's still little bits and pieces to be worked out but this is definitely going to be a change for the better overall. Looking great for the first few (public) hours on new software!

Likes are a huge plus for me personally fwiw

I hope the likes go away, personally, though as long as there's no DISLIKES I suppose I can live with it.

I saw the, "whats on your mind" bar pop up but now its gone. anyway, as for the changes, I like most of them so far. Like system seems cool. The rep system reflects the likes a user has, that's neat as well. I'm excited.

The theme is pretty raw because I just wanted to get this shit up and out there (OH HEY DID YOU KNOW MARCH 13 IS DOOMWORLD'S 19TH BIRTHDAY?) and if you hate it so much:

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 11.08.22 PM.png

7 minutes ago, dethtoll said:

I hope the likes go away, personally, though as long as there's no DISLIKES I suppose I can live with it.

Holy shit, I didn't notice this before. There are likes and dislikes... Fuck.

EDIT: By the way, feel free to dislike this post.

Just now, Linguica said:

The Files section or Downloads or whatever the final name will be needs a *LOT* of work.

I agree. Do you think I should withhold uploading my latest WAD until then?

It would be great if letters were more smaller. That's my only complain. 

2 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

Will we be able to see members released content on their profiles?

That would be great!

8 minutes ago, Linguica said:

The Files section or Downloads or whatever the final name will be needs a *LOT* of work.

If you ask me, the Files section should be above Latest Status.

how does the like limit work? does it reset at a certain time, or are likes on a timer and fall off 24 hours after you use it?

Edited by MrGlide

There should be a different ping sound for when you get a reply. Maybe have different sounds even for your WAD gets reviews and downloads.