Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

Is there any place on this site where I can find instructions on how to post a video? I uploaded a couple of clips to Vimeo, then got an 'embedding' code which I copied and then pasted into my post (in 'Post Your Doom Video!'). However all that appeared in the post was a very long piece of text, which didn't appear to do anything. Any assistance welcomed...

Hey, I don't know if this is the correct section of the forums to post this stuff, but I just wanna let moderators know that the reCaptcha is not working. I was able to register an account using a Google Account but now I don't have a clue of what password it got used, since I tried using the google password in the control panel and it didn't work, so I could change to my normal password. Anyway, thanks for the great work, cheers.

The captcha does seem to randomly not work for some people. It almost seems like the PHP-FPM occasionally randomly forgets how to do a DNS lookup so it can't connect to google.com but I can't isolate it and I have no idea how to fix it.

For instance, right now I made a test script:

<?php

$url = 'https://google.com/';
$url2 = 'https://youtube.com/';

$fp = fopen($url, 'r');
print_r(stream_get_meta_data($fp));

$fp2 = fopen($url2, 'r');
print_r(stream_get_meta_data($fp2));

?>

And the script will get information from youtube.com but it won't FUCKING get information from google.com. Why? Who the hell knows?!?

So doesn't work:

* www.google.com

* images.google.com

But DOES work:

* maps.google.com

* drive.google.com

* mail.google.com

God, I hate computers.

Apparently the easiest / most effective way to fix this bug, whatever it is, is just to disable IPV6 on the server. Hooray IPV4 for all!! Party like it's 1983!!

Maybe Google is just blocking IPv6? I noticed I could not connect to it via Linode, but never thought to test IPv4. (Don't even know what provider you have, though, haven't looked)

My mistake - I meant Google might be blocking IPv6 from Linode, specifically - it could be due to a history of abuse (after all, you can do virtually anything from a node).

It's either that, or there are no native IPv6 routes available to Google from one or another Linode datacenter. I'm not really sure what it is and I can't find much info on the issue.

So I received a warning for being ignorant (Which i think you guys can see on my Profile) yet it didn't notify me, I only noticed that thing hovering under my pic 15 mns after so, I suppose that's yet another not working thing.

My banner is stuck. More specifically, the image you upload (that becomes your banner) doesn't seem to "snap" into place properly like it used to. Instead it just appears at default state (zoomed near the top) and doesn't let you scroll up or down to correctly position the image. I removed the old banner image and uploaded the same thing again, but it still doesn't let me position it properly. I don't get an option to position it at all.

Oddly enough, other banners appear stuck at the top as well. Not just mine, but every profile I visit.

Yes, it appears to be sitewide. I updated the forum software several days ago, I wonder if the update broke it?

I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything, so probably really dumb question but: once you hit "quote" on a message, how do you then delete that quote from your message if you no longer want to post it?

I couldn't find any way of deleting the quote from the editor without reloading the page.

There are 3 ways of doing so:
1. Place the text cursor right after the quote block, and press "backspace" on your keyboard, possibly 2 or 3 times.
2. If you've written a non-empty text before the quote, place the text cursor right before the quote block, and press "delete" on your keyboard, possibly 2 or 3 times.
3. If you've written a non-empty text before the quote, block-select the area from the end of this text up to the end of the quote block, and delete the selection.
Note that methods 2 and 3 don't seem to work if the quote block is placed at the very beginning of the post, and you can't even put text before the quote block after the quote block has already been put to the very beginning of the post.

Edited by scifista42

The simplest way I've found to delete any block (quotes, spoilers, code) is to mouseover the block and then click the icon that shows up to the upper-left of the block that's meant for dragging the block around. If you just click it, you've successfully selected the block itself (visually indicated by a thick border around the block). At this point you can press backspace to remove it.

You're right. It's hard to find because the icon only appears when you hover mouse over the quote block, is hardly noticeable due to being small and partly transparent, and the border around the quote is also hardly noticeable, making it seem that clicking the icon did nothing.

If someone quotes a post which is on the same page as the post quoting it, and you press that small arrow icon on the right, the page will reload completely, while the old software would just kinda scroll to it. Can you do anything about it? (not crucial or anything, but it's slow.)

7 hours ago, scifista42 said:

There are 3 ways of doing so:
1. Place the text cursor right after the quote block, and press "backspace" on your keyboard, possibly 2 or 3 times.
2. If you've written a non-empty text before the quote, place the text cursor right before the quote block, and press "delete" on your keyboard, possibly 2 or 3 times.
3. If you've written a non-empty text before the quote, block-select the area from the end of this text up to the end of the quote block, and delete the selection.
Note that methods 2 and 3 don't seem to work if the quote block is placed at the very beginning of the post, and you can't even put text before the quote block after the quote block has already been put to the very beginning of the post.

Thanks. I'll have to test that on PC, but right now on Android none of them work at all. The backspace key does nothing (it either just closes the keyboard as if there was no text, or bounces the cursor into the quote-box), and there is no delete key. You can't even select the little movement-icon.

There seems to be absolutely no way to interact with the quote-box itself, merely the text inside it.

It could be the software just isn't mobile compatible, but wasn't that one of the main points of the redesign?

Edited by Bauul