Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Doom's Belated Nonadecennial

Wait a minute... it's not December 10th. I suppose you thought we gave up on the Cacowards? Nonsense, but we did need some extra time to put it together after our expected emcee was conspicuously absent on Doom's birthday.

Who wrote the 19th Annual Cacowards? Xaser, kmxexii, Alfonzo, and a guest appearance from Scuba Steve; all of these people stepped up to the plate for this special event.

Did you know that I almost gave up on Doomworld yesterday? As an unexpected early Christmas present, AtomicGamer upgraded the version of PHP used on the web server. It's not really a surprise that most of the 10-year-old code behind the site broke because of it. For a time, I thought the damage would be unrepairable, but a few quick hacks later, 90% of the site's previous functionality (ignoring the stuff that hasn't worked for years) is back up and running. The rest of it is still being worked on.

Yaaay, I've really waited for it!

Lainos may be happy now: not only he got a birthday present map, but also he won on Cacoward!

congrats to khorus & the awardees, many thanks to xas/kmxexii/fonz for their valiant effort.

the mp pick is... not how i would've even approached this category, but that's for an extensive debate.

I love the expanded detail this year. Its gotta be like this or better from now on :D

Going to link a friend to them, she'll surely enjoy this years awards. Glad to see Strife Absolute Order getting an award, it needs much more recognition. I filed a request for the game on GOG for that purpose, you all should too ;D

Hopefully next year will have HacX 2.0 out and winning awards, it'll be great having awards for all Doom engine games (Im sure Hexen's gotten one at some point...if not this must happen!)

What Are We Waiting For?

There's an entire backlog of brilliance bound for release in 2013, and I for one can't wait to be crushed under its inexorable quality. How about you? They include, in no particular order:

TNT II: Devilution
Back to Saturn X
Doom II The Way id Did
The Shores of ZDoom
No End in Sight
Zdoom Community Project: Take II
Hacx 2.0
Doom II Redux
Vela Pax
Supplice
Unholy Realms
Threshold of Pain II
Curse of the Demon Lord
Brotherhood of Ruin - The Lost Temple
Revelations of Doom
Hellbound
Doom X

Okay so far...

Necromantic Thirst

Wasn't it canceled or am I confusing it with something else?

UAC Ultra 2
Urban Brawl DLC

Wait, what?

32in24-13
Community Chest 5

I guess they're inevitable, though I wouldn't bet on CC5 being started, completed, and released all in 2013.

Gez said:

I guess they're inevitable, though I wouldn't bet on CC5 being started, completed, and released all in 2013.

Oh ye of little faith!

Big ups to my man mouldy for The Eye!!!! I love you!! Keep it up!

Some of those are jokes. NT's project leader gave up on it but I've heard several members talk about finishing their maps on this forum so I don't think it's dead, it's just in limbo. It would be nice to see some stud grab the reigns though.

awesome cacowards and every winner was thoroughly deserving.
Hopefully next years will not have the late drama of this years awards :P
So glad base Ganymede got an award, love that wad and also Khorus was an excellent choice for mapper of the year. Kind of forgotten about him when deliberating myself

kmxexii said:

Some of those are jokes. NT's project leader gave up on it but I've heard several members talk about finishing their maps on this forum so I don't think it's dead, it's just in limbo. It would be nice to see some stud grab the reigns though.

It is in limbo, or basically, slowly progressing.

Congratulations to all the award winners. Am ashamed to say I've only played one of the winning cacowards! Eep.

All three of you reviewers did quite the outstanding job, considering that the reviews have returned to their natural more-than-one-paragraph setting.

Also, I feel so incredibly honoured to have my mod reviewed by Xaser! Thank you kind sir! :P

YAY! Cacowards! I can put the gun down and stop holding my breath.

Mad props to Bloodshedder for dragging the forums out of the seventh level of Hell.

Katamori said:

Lainos may be happy now: not only he got a birthday present map, but also he won on Cacoward!

I'm glad to see Lainos got a Cacoward.

Obsidian said:

Yay, Call of Dooty got an award! :)

Also congrats to Mouldy and Jack101 for their first Cacowards.

...But I didn't get a cacoward. =P

Oh and congrats to the winners!
Definitely much better cacowards than last year

What Are We Waiting For?

There's an entire backlog of brilliance bound for release in 2013, and I for one can't wait to be crushed under its inexorable quality. How about you? They include, in no particular order:

TNT II: Devilution
Back to Saturn X
Doom II The Way id Did
The Shores of ZDoom
No End in Sight
Zdoom Community Project: Take II
Hacx 2.0
Doom II Redux
Vela Pax
Supplice
Unholy Realms
Threshold of Pain II
Curse of the Demon Lord
Brotherhood of Ruin - The Lost Temple
Revelations of Doom
Hellbound
Doom X
Necromantic Thirst
UAC Ultra 2
Urban Brawl DLC
32in24-13
Community Chest 5

So, no pressure ...

I for one would have been crying "FIX!" if Winter's Fury hadn't scored an award. It's by far and away the most astounding GZDoom mod I've played in ages and ranks up there with the likes of Titan 2 and UTnT.

Congratulations to everyone else who won. Hopefully next year's will go a bit smoother.

Jack101 said:

...But I didn't get a cacoward. =P

You still got Runner up, which makes you better than us lesser mortals. :P

Thank you for another qualitaaah Cacowards. It is sad to hear that 5 of us have passed away in the last year though. It feels like the life expectancy of a Doom community member is a bit shorter than the rest of the Internets. :/

Oh wow, wasn't expecting this. :) Thanks for the kind words, and thanks to those who brought these awards to fruition.

And congratulations to all winners! :D

Great job on making it happend again, It's nice to see that everything worked out in the end.
Also nice work for all of the winners this year, they did an excellent job on their projects and they deserve it.
It's making me warm inside to see that everything is up and running..

savagegrant said:

It is sad to hear that 5 of us have passed away in the last year though.

The last two years. Hobbs didn't honor the fallen in 2011, so these Cacowards have been playing catch-up.

Awesome to see that the Awards have made it! Congrats to all the winners. I have played about a third of them so far. Gotta catch up on the rest. Can the Strife one be played with a doom iwad btw?