Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

Slaughterfest 3 [Beta_C released, 05/08/2017]

So for testing purposes I tried to download all maps today and assemble a tesing/pre-release version of SF2013. It's intended for public online playing. Some files got removed though. Could anyone upload them again? Files missing:

Firestarter v1
Butt v2
Daiyu's Chamber v5
Wavebreaker v2
Pathogen v3
Three lines v2
Shanghai massacre 1927 v2

I updated mine:

Trick or cheat v4

Sure, a good idea, thanks for being proactive on the MP testing front.

I have scripts and such that make compilation easy, so if you give me a little bit I can get you a wad that contains all the levels (and associated resources) submitted thus far. I'll probably post it here so people can see the levels that were lost due to shitty temporary file-sharing services.

Oh so far I've just saved maps into a single wad using Doom builder. Created a MAPINFO lump containing all information about map name, version + author and off we go. As for textures: I just load all provided custom texture packs mentioned in your first post + pm-tex. Most maps run fine this way on GZdoom so I expect them to work on Zandronum too. All custom textures included inside each submitted map wad are missing. I just don't have any tool or knowledge to export/import them easily (have been using SLumpEd and Doom Builder only).

The wad I have so far can be downloaded here. It contains 17 maps.

@lagger, looks like someone has created an excuse for me to finally fix the issues with my map ;)
Expect an update sometime Friday, too busy tomorrow.

It's actually one of the reasons for me to make it more public. This thread is dying and people hardly give the maps the playtesting they need. I believe that releasing a dozen final versions could be prevented easily this way. Just rename them to pre-release and start testing/adding them in every way as soon as possible.

I haven't even started working on coop gameplay on Exodus remix, but if you do play it in multiplayer please give me whatever feedback you have (coop-specific or just general stuff for that map).

Just finished the texture stuff I think. Making a proper texture wad was a hell. Seems like there really isn't any utility out there that can do ALL of the required steps without breaking anything. There was no manual/documentation about all the bugs either. Just people saying you have to do all manually... RIGHT.

hey to everyone,

i'm working on a map for the slaughterfest 2013 wad. it's nearly finished but there is still a lot of work to do. ribbiks was the playtester so far and he is overall pleased with the map. but i want more playtesters, to get more opinions. everyone should play the map till you finished it and then tell me your meaning. just write me a pm here in the forum. and one last thing.

i'm pretty sure that just my fucking pc sucks or i simply have just the wrong settings or so and it's not the fault of pr-boom plus itself, because when i play my map on pr-boom plus it's goes nuts. it lags and hangs, the textures are distorted and blurred and absolutely everything looks so tight. i really hope that this is just my pc because when it's pr-booom plus itself, then i quit.

i started this map a lot of years ago, and back then it was intended for zdoom because zdoom is my favourite port. and in zdoom absolutely everything looks and works fine without a problem. so, zdoom is highly recommended. but the problems i spoked about before, are pretty sure going out from my pc, so it should also work nice for you on pr-boom plus. (i hope so)

everyone can test the map and then write me a pm.

cu

djd

Hooray, another map! It's MAP28, haven't checked for any custom textures. I'll give the gameplay a shot but not today. First room didn't look very online/bandwidth friendly. I'll add it to pre-release v3 for testing.

New version of Aquafresh Crescents

Still on MAP28.

Changes:

-Areas with supplies are elevated a bit.
-More ground level monsters put in.
-Fixed the part where the rockets were firing through the blood at Ribbiks in his demo. There's a wall preventing the cybers behind there from seeing the player now, so they shouldn't shoot at the player while he's getting the BFG or walking around in that general area.
-Some areas are now lighted a bit more, thanks to my testing in PrBoom+.
-Some medikits added to one area.
-The secret area has been decorated a little bit more.
-Changed music.
-Removed Plutonia textures, so the -iwad Plutonia is not needed anymore. Still needs NB_RECOL.wad though.
-The area beyond the crab has a slightly new overhaul and shouldn't be HOM-filled now.

fun map archi, I really like the encounter ideas. A few comments:

- the teleporter to the BK area is clipped, why not extend the room so the texture isn't cut off?
- cyb before BK, maybe I didn't infight things enough but it felt like I simply didn't have enough shells to kill that thing. I refused to use rockets out of principle.
- similar situation with RK arena, felt like I was starved for ammo, it was mildly tedious killing everything on the ledges.
- was the secret supposed to telefrag all 4 cybs? It let me kill 2 of them then the teleporters didn't seem to work so I fell into the water :p

Dark dave, I've played your map and it has a nice overall gameplay.

For me, most trouble was in the first room. Let's start with getting to the other side without getting shot by chaingunners. It took me a lot of tries to outluck the hitscanners with only 100 health and about 20 armor. I get close often, but rarely make it. Waking the cyber to shoot all shotgunners helped me, but still it was hard to get past the chainies. Personally I find this very annoying.

Next were the viles. I just skipped those and continued the map without maxing it. Killing/surviving those seems very random again and there's hardly any place to hide if you want to get a good shot at them as well.

All other stuff was pretty balanced and fun to play. Notice that the viles can be shot off the platform in the 2nd room, intended? Perhaps you could change the secret(s) a bit? I didn't need the invul at the 2nd room at all, but could've used some (health) boost in the 1st room to max it.

Ribbiks said:

fun map archi, I really like the encounter ideas. A few comments:

- the teleporter to the BK area is clipped, why not extend the room so the texture isn't cut off?
- cyb before BK, maybe I didn't infight things enough but it felt like I simply didn't have enough shells to kill that thing. I refused to use rockets out of principle.
- similar situation with RK arena, felt like I was starved for ammo, it was mildly tedious killing everything on the ledges.
- was the secret supposed to telefrag all 4 cybs? It let me kill 2 of them then the teleporters didn't seem to work so I fell into the water :p

Thanks, Ribbiks. I see, I've tested map badly, gonna update it shortly.

Here is your fda for Broken mind Archi, I didn't finish because I didn't know where to park or fight that cyber.

Overall I liked the texture usage, layout and the multiplayer support where each player could go for a different key. Last but not least, you implemented a speedrun route which is pretty cool. You've blocked the windows. That route was too short for fun anyway. The classic traps could be read like a book: invul, chaingunners... you've set them up well. When, from spawn, going from the left teleporter to the right, all seems to be fine ammo/health wise. At the BSK area, infighting the cyb/revs seems a bit awkward. I didn't want to stay near the chaingunners or the caged outside area because of sniping cybers. Guess I should have gone back to kill the snipers first.

__Lagger__ said:

You've blocked the windows.

Not all of them. ;)

Here's the second version of map: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4yb0u4hkyokng8u/brknmind_v2.wad
Many changes, remade the whole RK room battle, added BFG and some additional monsters to BK room. Actually, the only room, there you meant to fight from start is BK room, YK and RK rooms has opportunity for infight.

Also, what do you think in using some maps from Rush demo? It looks like I do not finish it, so any map from there can be used here, if you find it good.

hey lagger,

to the problems you talked about. i know that the hitscanners are tough to deal with it in the first room, but without them it would be way too easy. there are more than one way to get to the other side of the first room. look, i'm a really weak player to be honest but i can beat this map 9 of 10 times if i want. the best tactic for beginners in that map in the firt room is, to shoot and then hide some seconds behind one of the pillars on the left or right side. meanwhile, 100's of monsters are dead, which also includes a lot of chaingunners. wait 5-8 seconds and then fight your way through with the bfg, best along the edge of the room because then it's much easier. but let me say, that this map is harder on pr-boom plus than on zdoom, because monsters can shoot through some obstacles which is retarded if you ask me. on zdoom it plays much better but i know that maps must work on pr-boom plus as well for this project, so i tried hard to make this map also work on pr-boom plus even when i don't really like this port.

meanwhile, i can get to the other side of the room even without waiting one second. i'm shooting and then i fight my way through with the bfg to the other side of the room, but that's just possible because i played this map a million times so far. as i said, for beginners in this map i would choose the safer way first. believe me, so oftener you play it, so easier it becomes.

and to the archviles. this also just requires some practice but not much at all. all you need to hide is the wooden box in the middle of the room. grab the megasphere and then shoot rockets in the direction of the archviles. the archviles are very busy to resurrect dead monsters, so they attack you by far not so much as if there were no dead monsters around. and the second thing is, because of that they come much slower to your wooden box in the middle of the room. all in all, this is also not really hard and gets overall pretty easy when you know how. and as i said, the same thing is with the chaingunners. this also gets pretty easy when you know how.

so, and to the last things. i know that the archviles can be shoot from the red brick sector in the second room. but that happens just very rare and that was no intent from me. and now to the secret. why you don't need the invulnerability? getting to the ouside area is way to dangerous without it, if you ask me. and secondly you can start earlier to kill the monsters out there. believe me, i played this map a million times so far and it's overall pretty easy when you know how. there is absolutely nothing unfair at all in this map. a lot of other slaughter maps are way harder than this.

i hope i could help you.

djd

Archi said:

Not all of them. ;)

Damn, tested only 4 of them and gave up.

As for the rush demo. I quickly scanned the maps and added map03, map04 and map08-11 to the pre-release. Not sure how the others here on doomworld feel about the maps, but I think they look great.

Darkdave, it's all up to you what you want to do with the feedback and I'm not saying you have to make things easier.

lagger, i'm happy about every response i get about my map. because this is what i want. i want different opinions from different peopele. i just told my opinion. no offense meant. to everybody else, you can test the map too if you want so.

djd

Here's a crappy uv-max demo for darkdave's map.
I really like the first room, but it can be a pain to record speed demos for, thanks to slow timed cybers and some luck needed to dispatch all viles very fast. I can't really give much feedback regarding demos though as i'm not experienced enough for that. Gameplaywise, i have no problems though, as it is quite fun. It probably would be better to drop a few more medikits (but not many) in the corners/sides of the room to give player some buffer against possible bad luck with viles.
The rest of the map doesn't pose any threat at all and serves no purpose whatsoever. You're invulnerable for the whole duration of the trap, and then the final room contains no monsters and looks unfinished. I'd like to see 4 invulns removed in the room with cybs (2 on each side, at least on UV), and a couple radsuits dropped in the area. That way, you'd have to clear some cybs using the secret invuln, then finish off the rest of the side without one, then do the same to the other side, and use the remaining invuln for the middle hall with viles&revs. Or just use up all invulns on cybs instead. Imo it'd be an interesting encounter to play through.
Final room begs for a trap. Revs in the lightened areas and hks spawning in corners, with 1 vile in each corner afterward? Just a quick thought:p

Hi all,

Here's my submission:

Assault on UAC Base 13

Couple of screenies:

Screenshot_Doom_20130913_174025 by Phendrena, on Flickr

Screenshot_Doom_20130913_174102 by Phendrena, on Flickr

BOOM Compatible, and requires CC4-TEX.
I'd recommend having a look around before going for the BFG :)

This is my first slaughtermap so i'm looking for all feedback - good/bad :)

There are a couple of interior sections i need to complete but otherwise its all there.

Thanks,

Dave

have you playtested this in prboom+?

Apparently it wasn't built with a suitable nodebuilder:

P_CheckForZDoomNodes: compressed ZDoom nodes not supported yet

Ribbiks said:

have you playtested this in prboom+?

Apparently it wasn't built with a suitable nodebuilder:

P_CheckForZDoomNodes: compressed ZDoom nodes not supported yet

No i haven't actually. Built in DB2 using Boom compatibility and used the normal nodebuilder. I normally map in zdoom format as i use zdoom as my main exe. I'm open to suggestions with the nodebuilder!

Dave

just rebuild with zennode (if the sidedef count is reasonable, <32k or whatever), or ZDBSP normal. There are probably folks around here who could argue over the merits of each nodebuilder out there, but I lack the technical expertise to do so :)

You have a custom texture in your wad file, remove that and replace the sidedefs which use that texture with one from the cc4-tex pack. That should work.