Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

Slaughterfest 3 [Beta_C released, 05/08/2017]

Here's mult00000001 (its true name rather than mult, but whatever) which should be finished now:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/mult000000011.wad
-made the 3 sets of switches distinguishable (each set opens key area)
-set extra starting backpacks for multiplayer only
-fixed small floor lowering bug
-made warps work a little better

j4rio said:

Exodus thingie could go for map 1.

That could work.

I'd say somebody would have to make a map with map 30 gimmickery in mind otherwise there's no real solution other than bastardizing some already submitted map.

I started making something huge but determined there's no way it would be finished in a reasonable amount of time. Yeeeeeah idk yet.

darkreaver said:

Speaking of Pathogen. I have zero spare time for quite a while ahead, so is anybody willing to add MP starts and skill levels?

ko, I'll doit.

gggmork said:

cool, thanks!

Compilation Update #2:

How's this for a tentative maplist? I'm open to suggestions for shuffling/dropping/whatever.

MAPNAME:                        TODO:
    --------                        -------
01: Exodus Redux                    sky transfer, minor balancing
02: Firestarter
03: Pathogen                        MP starts, difficulties             *
04: Desecration
05: Evil Battlefield of Demons
06: Wavebreaker                     MP starts
07: Rayzik's Slaughterday           difficulty settings
08: The Farthest Reach              MP starts are bugged
09: Yonahe
10: Untitled                        Various changes, MP, difficulties   *
11: Broken Mind
12: Temple Arena                    minor balancing                     *
13: Gut Buster
14: Castle of the Damned            MP starts
15: Daiyu's Chamber
16: Shanghai Massacre               MP starts
17: Fierce Attack
18: Aquafresh Crescents
19: Assault on UAC Base 13
20: Metastasizing Slaughterfest     MP starts
21: Meet a Bear
22: Mult
23: Poop                            new visuals?                        *
24: Joyless
25: Chaos Slaughter                 minor bugfixes
26: Insane Trip Part I              MP starts, difficulties
27: dHoles                          difficulties
28: Escaping the Spiral Labyrinth   difficulties
29: Red Recluse                     difficulties
30: 
31: Trick or Cheat
32: Pacman                          minor bugfixes
33: Butt
34: Three Lines                     difficulties                        *

Other various things todo:
- ANIMDEFS
- RSKY choices
the asterisk was just to denote things I've assumed responsibility for.

For what it's worth, if you want the maps ordered by difficulty here is my personal experience. I haven't played all maps (or latest releases for that matter). I think it's pretty accurate going from easy to hard using a somewhat normal 'get to the exit' gameplay. There are some maps out there with a major difficulty change when you exploit some glitches (ie: mult, temple arena, trick or cheat) and some maps that have a luckfest phase and afterward become really easy (insane trip, the farthest reach). I have to say most maps have pretty overal balanced gameplay.

Anyway, my personal maplist ordered by difficulty (on UV):

01 = Assault on UAC Base 13 (v5) - Phendrena
02 = Mult (v1) - gggmork
03 = Desecration (v4.1) - Rayzik
04 = Broken mind (v2) - Archi
05 = Aquafresh Crescents (v3) - Hurricyclone
06 = Wavebreaker (v3) - cannonball
07 = Metastasizing slaughterfest (v5) - Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
08 = Exodus remix (v1) - Grain of Salt
09 = Firestarter (v3) - cannonball
10 = Shanghai massacre (v2) - Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
11 = Untitled BFG map (v2) - Phml
12 = Untitled (v1) (Fierce attack?) - tatsurd-cacocaco
13 = Joyless (v2) - Dannebubinga
14 = Red recluse (v4) - ArmouredBlood
15 = Gut buster (v4) - Krispy
16 = Insane trip part I (v3) - darkdave1985
17 = Temple arena (v2) - Ribbiks
18 = Poop (v1) - gggmork
19 = Pathogenesis (v3) - Darkreaver
20 = dholes (v1) - TimeOfDeath
21 = Escaping the spiral labyrinth (v2) - TimeOfDeath
22 = Daiyu's chamber (v5) - Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
23 = Trick or cheat (v4) - __Lagger__
24 = Pacman (v3) - __Lagger__
25 = Castle of the damned (v1) - TimeOfDeath
26 = Butt (v2) - gggmork
27 = The farthest reach (v2.1) - Rayzik

Also, I'm working on a update for pacman and aim for a release this weekend. It will feature a fix for the cyber platforms and a multiplayer fix (which ended up becoming a total makeover of the map making it at least 10x bigger).

Grain of Salt said:

If cannonball doesn't mind, I'd like to rename the map "Resurrect Dead" rather than it just being exodus remix.

Go ahead, I have no issues with that.
Right I'd better do fixes for my maps at some point, including the suggestions for firestarter J4rio suggests a while back.
Firestarter fixed
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h7da77e7cvcpyz7/Firestarterv.4.wad
Rayzikslaughterday
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k3iogc3qa3d3968/rayzikslaughterday.wad
Wavebreaker
http://www.mediafire.com/download/37z8rxm7b4xpr7n/Wavebreakerv.4.wad

Hey Ribbiks, how strict are you on maps without difficulty settings? If I had a choice, I definitely wouldn't bother with them on my maps, but if you're really strict about them then I'll try to add them soon.

I go back and forth between caring and not caring. On one hand it's nice to have the option to 'casually' play through slaughter maps, on the other hand I'm not yet convinced anyone actually does this..

If you're adamant about not including them I'm not going to fret too much.

There is always the lazy way. Add a few soulspheres here and there and select some monsters in teleport chambers or clusters and deselect easy and medium. 2 minutes of work.

Hello, I'm kinda new here.

I recently played the map "Trick or Cheat" and there is one thing that bugs me. I'm always dying "suddenly" after 2 minutes and 24 seconds no matter where I stand or what I do.
I cannot figure out how to avoid that. Dunno if it is made on purpose like that.
I played it on glboom-plus-2.5.1.3.

EDIT: Nvm, i figured it out. Pretty Hard.

rodster said:

I recently played the map "Trick or Cheat" and there is one thing that bugs me. I'm always dying "suddenly" after 2 minutes and 24 seconds no matter where I stand or what I do.
I cannot figure out how to avoid that. Dunno if it is made on purpose like that.
I played it on glboom-plus-2.5.1.3.

EDIT: Nvm, i figured it out. Pretty Hard.

Not supposed to happen. Your glboom is broken. Format your computer!

Nah seriously, it's one of the first places where you have to cheat or play on skill 1-2. ;) Anyway, I see you figured it out. Good job.

gggmork said:

Here's mult00000001 (its true name rather than mult, but whatever) which should be finished now:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/mult000000011.wad

I didn't get too far into this map on a first go, but I love the "in your face" nature right from the start - nowhere to really hide!

I don't have time at the moment, but I definitely want to make a map for the next SF at some point later on in the year. (As I have ideas for a map I'd make) It'll take me a while to learn how to build one (I downloaded Doom Builder) as well, so if anyone has any pointers they'd be gratefully received as I essentially know nothing about it.

Hoping to see SF2013 nearing completion soon as I've loved the previous two that lots of people put a lot of hard work into.

Glad you like it. I might change the 'recipe' to more cluttery columns to block more line of sight and less viles in whatever next map, maybe single barrel shotgun dominant with weaker enemies but still hard.

This thread is dead. Someone named Fred fed it lead in the head as it fled and pled, made it see red and put it to bed, it needs a med.

well I do have it largely compiled, I've just been dragging my feet on various bugfixes and what-have-yous. For what it's worth the remaining todo-list is the following:

- "Resurrect Dead" (GoS) - add sky transfer, minor balancing (I agreed with j4's point about adding a chaingun at the start)
- "Pathogen" (darkreaver) - MP starts, difficulties *
- "Untitled" (phml) - various aesthetic, MP-related tune-ups *
- "Castle of the Damned" (ToD) - MP starts
- "Temple Arena" (Ribbiks) - In lieu of scrapping this I'm attempting to make it less annoying
- "Chaos Slaughter" (Solarn) - various bugfixes (see my last post about it, various HoMs, gameplay suggestions etc)
- "Pacman" (Lagger) - a bugfix or two

The *s indicate things I've taken responsibility for doing. If the original author is ok with me implementing the above fixes then I can do those as well. Also I forget if anyone is currently retexturing ggg's red crackle map, but if not I would be interested in giving that a go.

Oh yeah, also I started a map30, but I felt like I can't really top the scale of sf12_30 so I haven't worked on it much.

There are a couple maps I'm not particularly fond of and if it were entirely up to me I'd drop them in the name of quality-control, but I haven't done so largely because there hasn't been much vocal playtesting. That being said I'm interested in others thoughts on the maps in general, what should be improved/scrapped/etc. The enthusiasm seems largely to have waned so maybe that's wishful thinking.

I'm somewhat slacking, I'll try to get through the rest sometime already.

Oh yeah, also I started a map30, but I felt like I can't really top the scale of sf12_30 so I haven't worked on it much.

I don't really see any workarounds other than a specifically built map for that slot.

My bad, I'll post a new version of cotd with mp starts when I get home.

Also, how about text file stuffs? I don't think we've got that far yet though eh.

Ribbiks said:

Also I forget if anyone is currently retexturing ggg's red crackle map, but if not I would be interested in giving that a go.

You don't have to of course but can if you feel like it. It would be a pain anyway because some sectors change height, and its probably a weird scale with a bunch of right angles.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Send me the stuff and I will.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an ass. What can I do to help finish this up?

I think the best plan of action is to pm Ribbiks I think as he will have the best idea on how things are going here. I think this is everyone dropping the ball on this one.
Anyway I think this is the last version of the wad uploaded (did this for the TNS session tonight) so here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/viyk26l32rgbjz5/sf13_ribbiks_WIP.wad