Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

Slaughterfest 3 [Beta_C released, 05/08/2017]

holy shit!

p.s. if you want to prod a project leader, create an almost exact replica of the project in another thread :p :p :p

10 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

I can make some of them on TAS :)

Did you ever consider the vague possibility that not all slaughter maps are meant to be TASed, unless you want to go for perfect UVmax times (which I yet have to see you do at least once, by the way)?

1 hour ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I beat level 27.

Thanks Tim, vids are much appreciated. I also saw the one for Gevurah a while back, so thanks for that as well.

12 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

you want to go for perfect UVmax times (which I yet have to see you do at least once, by the way)?

Yes if it possible :)

3 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Cool!! Exist there on DSDA? I can make some of them on TAS :)

I just upload demos to YouTube. I don't do Tool-Assisted Speedruns, honestly.

Wow, great to see an update on this. Hopefully we are near the end of the journey and we can get to see some serious demo recording :D

20 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

What do you think I should do with some of the videos in the playlist of levels that I've done for this project? Some of them have changed a lot since I recorded them.

Edit the descriptions and state which version of SF3 they come from and include a link to the version.

4 hours ago, loveless said:

Edit the descriptions and state which version of SF3 they come from and include a link to the version.

What do you think I should do with my Ice Rage video since I made a lot of changes with texture alignment and placing some Doom 3 sound effects?

Nibblet and Skittle Biscuit are some maps names I can really get along with.

OK-Hand.png

On 08/05/2017 at 11:04 PM, Ribbiks said:

Hi! SF3 isn't dead. In fact, here's a new beta:

Of the maps I've looked at so far (playing on HNTR, sorry for being lame)

• map03 and map08 (amongst others which I haven't reached yet) have no skill settings
  • map01 has a bunch of things with no skill bits, quite a lot of unused geometry, could be cleaned up? Also it's still pretty obviously still sf12-01 :)
  • map11 has a funny map skip, you can vilejump out the window. I'd like it if this was intentional but the second vile not emerging from the ground suggests otherwise.
  • map33's one sector is blind! By which I mean the single bit in the reject table is a 1. Guess it had zennode run on it?

Edited by RjY : map08 does in fact have skill settings, apologies.

Thanks for the reports! if Archi gets his way we might be replacing m11 entirely (apparently it also crashes zdaemon due to its scale), but if not we'll shore up that bug.

You're right about m33 being zennoded. I was unaware of this pathological case, I'll go back to using a nodebuilder with 0-filled reject for that map then :).

Let me know if you run into further issues!

For what it's worth I believe 08 had some invuls on lower skill settings, even though it's a rather lazy way of doing things, heh.

Also I surely hope Archi does not get his way.

23 minutes ago, Demonologist said:

For what it's worth I believe 08 had some invuls on lower skill settings

You are right, I must have managed to start the game without -skill 2 somehow...

By the way, please feel free to share your thoughts on how to implement lower skill settings on maps that lack those in case you have any, that'd be greatly appreciated. It's much easier to do based on actual feedback from players rather than doing it lazily by eye.

@Demonologist I can certainly have a moan about maps I think are too hard on HNTR if you want!

@rehelekretep Cyberdemon's wakeup sound. Not sure if he's referring to one in particular.