Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

Slaughterfest 3 [Beta_C released, 05/08/2017]

Desecration V2 (Quick fixed)

- Removed second blue key
- Lowered monster count in last area
- Lowered cell ammo in last area
- Made the invulnerability in the west wing visible without triggering the arch-vile trap
- Added more enemies in the west wing (teleport when alerted)(DOES WORK NOW)
- Modified the cyberdemon delivery in the red key room
- Added some aesthetic touches in various places

Still no difficulty settings, however.

Rayzik said:

the revs in sector 462 don't teleport (they never wake up because of floor/ceiling discrepancies in the sectors providing sound)

ArmouredBlood said:

Having the teleport thing face towards the start was VERY annoying. VERY. Annoying. I understand there's a wall directly in front in the other direction, but then at least I wouldn't have to turn my mouse around completely if I want to go anywhere not directly to the front or to the mancs to the right from the start.

It's pretty decent I think otherwise, the start is a lot of trial and error but I think manageable once a route is down. I'd say it's more annoying to have the pain elementals and cacos out than the archvile and a couple extra revs, so the plasma gun is more appealing, but that's my own bias against PEs speaking. If that reflects a lot of peoples' opinions, you might want to swap what each switch lowers.

I'll play around with it a bit more, I just kept rushing to the blue key after a bit and haven't gotten farther.

E: I revise my earlier assessment of it being pretty decent and say it's hellishly annoying because of the randomness of infighting and two certain platforms - the first being the cyberdemons being basically level with the stairs down to the rockets so if you're not careful you'll eat a rocket to the face, which with all the imps ported in and the hell knights can make maneuvering almost as annoying as rush hour traffic; and then there's the arachnotrons in the midlevel stairs between the walls that lower revealing revs and the central platform. These can hit basically anywhere except for the manc platform to the right from start, and that is a pain in the ass. I will let someone more amenable to being blasted in the face by plasma from the next state over comment on this because I won't be playing it again until I can manage juggling 12 bowling pins at once.

FDA compilation

Do you think the map might benefit from having just one cyber instead of two? The spiders I've whittled down to one so whilst he can still get you, only being one means it should be easier to dispose of. I might also redo the final fight but will wait for further feedback I think so I don't post too many new versions :P

cannonball said:

Do you think the map might benefit from having just one cyber instead of two? The spiders I've whittled down to one so whilst he can still get you, only being one means it should be easier to dispose of. I might also redo the final fight but will wait for further feedback I think so I don't post too many new versions :P

It's just how the firing lines are for the mobs. If the cybs were somehow off to the right a little it'd be nice, since if you're going straight forward you're not going to get hit, but I'm not sure how I'd move the arachnos, there're a lot of paths and moving one will mess up another. All I can think of is to add a pillar in front of the blue key door somehow so you don't get destroyed trying to get out of there if there's still an arach left.

So, pillar for arachnos, possibly have an extra room the cybs fire from that then opens up so the player has to deal with them when the bridge raises. I don't know how much stuff is up in that area though.

E: took a look at the map in editor, you don't have anything to the right of the cybs so you've got plenty of room. Might make the final fight's background a little more balanced too, heheh. I'd just make it a huge doorway, such that there's like a 64x64 pillar on the edges and the cybs have total freedom to move back in. Just make it a trench that rises and you can use the same action as the bridge.

Wavebreaker version 2
http://speedy.sh/VHUEw/Wavebreakerv.2.wad
Cybers reduce to 1 and moved to the right of the player.
Teleport location moved to the start point
Another wave of cacos/PE added whilst other monsters are thinned out, Pinkies in water removed as they are a time sink
Various pillars added for hopefully more cover.
Final fight altered to include some cacos whilst the fence has been replaced with a wall. I might need to add a teleporter in the water just in case an archvile launches you over the wall but that can be for another update.
Hopefully this is not as annoying a map now

So while it's nice there's less happening, I feel it got a bit too quiet. The arachno platform is now hks, which is a very different threat and should probably go to an arachno/hk mix in such a way they can't get to each other's side of the pillar. Taking out the demons is nice for not having infitely-tall headaches, but really it was just having them hit certain corners of the platforms that I didn't like. I didn't even comment on them in my posts. I'd put them back into the bigger pits and expand the ledges between platforms along the stairs so that if you fall, you don't fall all the way. Definitely leave them out of them pit to the left of the start.

I also was surprised you moved the teleport back to the start - I think this was unneeded, just, flip it forward where it was before. That puts you directly into the action, and is a choice to head back into the hallway for a breather or strike out again.

Finally got a look at the last room, and I thought it was ok. Nothing flashy, just ok. A little too easy to make everything infight, and a bit hard for the archviles to do anything until the door opens again, but it worked out ok, until I backed up too far and suicided off the bridge. Heh. New demo on the canvas http://dropcanvas.com/qifkp - I'll make a new one if you make a new version, considering it expires in 12 days.

Also, just saying I've got a map in the works, about 2/3 done. Nice hell map, some influence from an earlier map I did in shai'tan's luck - I think 28? So yeah that's going.

cannonball said:

Wavebreaker version 2

Cool map. I had a big issue with not having enough shells and bullets, and in the last room by the exit an AV threw me off the ledge, so I had to IDCLIP my way back. You might want to add some blocking lines there. Nice gameplay though.

Red Recluse V1. Requires CC4 tex. Finished at 4 am, so ammo calculations for the final arena are waaaaay off (in your favor). Lack of backpack at start is intentional - I'm trying out something. Just, look for keys. Also the midi is questionable - a little repetitive. Good luck.

5 minute e: also lacking in detail in some areas. Bug me to pretty it up if I don't do so in a week.

Played Desecration v1 some time ago, got owned in invul area coz I didn't even see it in the flames (good it's fixed now), then died once in the final battle and quit after that, didn't bother to play again. Didn't like this map much tbh, something's missing for me. Doesn't light my sadistic fire.

And Wavebreaker's a very decent outfit, probably the finest one so far. Actually I never liked cannonball's maps (and I played a couple) til sf12, this is where I've finally seen some real potential and pretty enjoyable stuff from him, and now this map more than lives up to my expectations. Proven to be quite unfriendly for fda-ing and requires more thoughtful approach, not a bad thing at all, short and highly dynamic blazethrough. The strongest point I see in here - it utilizes strategic placement and close layout/monster interconnection while keeping low monster count and without spamming unneeded hordes that would be simply boring to take out (yeah, I'm here again destroying the cult of dramatically overpraised hobbling colossus bearing the name Sunder). Very cool.

On to AB's map.

AB: Cool epic map, here is a cowardly FDA, probably not very interesting to watch. I totally freaked out on the blue key trap and died almost immediately. Also, in the second fight (spiders and revenants in a cramped space) the pillars annoyed me a little, I got stuck on one and lost like 80% hp. Maybe my own fault. Liked the music, where is it from?

FDA for Red Recluse. Far from beating, died in blood pit after BK door (radsuit would be nice, otherwise I don't know how to survive there). This particular fact and rockets coming from everywhere all the time prevented me from replaying once again. Considering monster/body count ratio - this is long and tricky map and I wasn't even close to a half of it, so it's better to learn everything and then play it normally rather than rushing fda-style.

oi, brutal map AB.

maybe I'm stupid, but I couldn't find enough switches to lower the bars in the YK and final exit rooms. For example the YK bars seem to require 5 switches to lower, but only 4 are present? In the last room after hitting all the switches I could find the bars were still this high.

Some quick edits to make RedRecluseV2. Fixed the exit, and the yellow key bars should work better, though there is a chance you can cheese it and not have them raise. Before you could grab it and only trigger 3 of 4 lines and then accidentally trigger the other, resetting your progress. Radsuits have been added to certain locations - there is one already as a secret after the blue key door, but you have to drop down to it. A little space added to the second set of switches in the final arena so you can fight the cybs on their platform, as well as health being upgraded there and in the first teleport arena.

Midi is Devildriver - Hold back the day.

FDA of the first version of Red Recluse. Pretty late as you uploaded the second ver. AB but I did this an hour ago, so yeah. :P

Very enjoyable map. Had really been cautious from start to end but it was great fun. I hate the 20 dmg blood pit though I gotta say. :(

2nd map designed by me for SF2013, "Metastasizing Slaughterfest" is here.

This map is a remake of Community Chest 4 Map17, I always like the textures and design of that map, it's very beautiful. I decided to add 3 more coloured areas. The White and Grey area(Beginning), the Yellow and Orange area(Main central battleground), the Green Korean area(Final battleground with Korean hanbok girls). At first I planned not to add in BFG, however I find it's impossible to beat this map without it, so eventually I added one.

Since this is Metastasize revisited, therefore I use the same music, also hope this map can be put in Map17.

Here are some information about this map:

Pwad: Slaughterfest 2013(Please play with 2013a4_New.wad now)
Map level: 1
Map name: Metastasizing Slaughterfest
Author: Daiyu Xiaoxiang(Me)
Monsters count: 1000(UV Hard), 834(HMP Medium), 645(ITTYD Easy)
Inspiration: Community Chest 4 Map17, Alien Vendetta Map14 & 31
Map size: Large
Secrets: 2
Music used: "Mechanical Man" from Command & Conquer(Same as Community Chest 4 Map17)
Tested Engine: PrBoom-Plus
Editor used: Doombuilder, XWE
Can't run with: Not sure
Play with complevel: 2
Textures from: Doom 2, Community Chest 4(cc4-tex.wad), Gothic(gothictx), Q1(q1tex), Plutonia 2, My own PC

Screenshots:

1. Start of the map, white and grey area.
2. The central yellow hall.
3. The blue area, first encounter with the cyberdemon.
4. The dark red area.
5. The green Korean area, final battleground.
6. Exit

Pictures used:
1. Lin Huiyin
2. Chen Xiaoxu
3. Teresa Teng
4. Princess Pearl/Huan Zhu Ge Ge/My Fair Princess
5. Yue Lin
6. Empresses in the Palace
7. Dae Jang Geum
8. The Little Nyonya
9. And others from Baidu Forum and various websites.

Map download available:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hpp3i8

Nomonster test:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4qdsct

p.s. Filesmelt seems to be crushed easily, so here's my previous map "Daiyu's Chamber" downloading link in sendspace, hope can replace the link available now.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4uspsb

And about the textfile, I wonder if I should write something or not.

Hello everyone, I've been playing some of the slaughter wads for a while and decided to contribute to the community with my own map. I set up a concept for this map and tried to avoid any circle strafing areas. The game play of this map relies on some tricks and it's very coop friendly. It features difficulty settings and requires proper doll + wallrun settings (all fine on default using glboom-plus).

Since this is my first release, I have no idea how people will play the map. Please post some feedback. I would love that. Here is the map I've made: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9tz56l

It's named Trick or cheat. No explanation required, well... except for easy skill you won't need tricks there. Enjoy! :))

EDIT: Map uses sf2012 textures, didn't test which texture packs cover all.

what texture resource does that run with? no matter which one I try I get boatloads of missing texture errors

SF2013 is for complevel 9, but default glboom-plus is complevel -1 which lets you wallrun in any direction (complevel 9 only lets you wallrun north or east).

I used sf2012b.wad during design for all (missing) textures. I didn't know about the complevel -1. North/east should be sufficient.

So v2 of red recluse is fine? I didn't really get anything indepth, besides a dislike of the damaging blood, which I might lower inside the building.

I did, but I didn't really get anywhere with an fda, and other things occupied my attention. I guess I'll look at it.

Took a look, got to the blue key and then I said meh and iddqd'd. Up until about there is ok, if speedrunning, and just ignoring the fattier mobs, but then I'd really appreciate a bit more ammo to kill everything to quiet it down. Once I got into the blue key door, it got a bit boring punching demons, and if you notice I didn't find the teleport in my fda, well that's what happened for a few seconds until I realized that's what the light flat on the floor in the middle was. It's a bit hard to notice between the mancubi, but eh, trial and error. The bigger issue, is the symmetry between the red and blue areas and how the plasma gun and then bfg make challenging fights a bit average. I think from the health present it'd be a bit dangerous either way, but they are pretty much the same setups with better weapons available. It seems lazy and uninteresting doing the same fights twice, even if it's with better weapons, so perhaps tweak the layout a bit more in the red area. Green area seemed a bit too much until I realized I had left half the mobs in the main yellow room alive and they were all teleporting into the middle of the green room, so it's probably ok. The mob outside after getting red and blue keys was very easy to get past, perhaps have the teleporter lower slowly and be available after a few seconds, if you don't want to get rid of them entirely.

So, I guess I have to comment on the pictures used as accenting. It's weird, 'it came from the internet' type of detailing that would probably be best put in the 'secret' 30s+ maps. I hope that was the intention, if not sorry if I offended.

here's some fdas:

metastisizing slaughterfest

idk. maybe this one plays better when you rush through and find big weapons then play cleanup, but my fda was rather painful. I was consistently low on ammo, and the large number of big tedious enemies that aren't really threatening but are huge ammo sinks didn't help. Also I think I had 600 cells but no PG or BFG, so maybe I'm just stupid and I missed a crucial weapon pickup somewhere.

Red Recluse

I play like a pansy and die stupidly sometime after the BK, so maybe the demo isn't worth watching. Anyways, Lots of things I really liked, first fight was awesome, but I'd lower the caco numbers, they're the least threatening and just incur extra cleanup time, (unless you're supposed to skip then come back with BFG or something?)

The amount of revs on pillars was kind of annoying. mostly because they're often out of auto-aim range. BK fight is strange, I saw very little reason to bother with the bajillion cybs that tele in, aside from being forced to kill them in UV-max play, easily skippable.

I'll give the latter areas a proper go playing with saves. I peaked around with nomo and it appears all the bugs are fixed, so that's good.

I also played trick or cheat, I feel like it may be an interesting map, but my deaths always felt cheap. I quit after inexplicably dying (voodoo doll must've got crushed in a closet somewhere) while wandering around, still not sure what triggered it. I might try this one again, the mario music is cool :)

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang,

I tried to fda metastisizing slaughterfest, died several times and used IDDQD to find out that I've found the route to plasma, but died due to low ammo at the pinkies below (didn't have RL equiped). I have to admit, I skipped too many ammo pickups, mostly near blue key area because monsters were standing on them and I was running for my life... Heh heh, I like that.

Anyway, starting from plasma, things get really smooth and safe: plenty of ammo, health etc. The mancube/hk area is a bit random, but megasphere does it's job nicely. Some/lots of luck is required to get out of this room, unless you cleaned all before. I like that too. Then you get BFG and things become way too easy. The next mancube/hk area is a walkover and so are the fights in the screenshot 2 area. The final area can be done without BFG if you clear the upper part first from the outside, then tele in and rush for the lift, up to the first switch. No invul required either. Overall a good looking map with some fun gameplay especially at start. Starting from plasma, it could use more tense fights.

Suggestions:
- For hard skill: remove BFG and/or all invuls OR replace most cells in begin areas with other ammo and still remove at least 1 invul.
- Not all doortreks are lower unpegged, either use it or don't use it. I think this pretty map would benefit from some consistency.
- You mentioned many texture packs, I didn't load any and all seemed fine, except for a few small ceilings. What's going on? Do I really need to load 4 additional wads for that? It looks like all was included, but then again not everything was.
- Last: I couldn't fda because all the asian chicks were staring at me and it made me nervous. I know, I should wear pants while playing doom but it didn't fit anymore.

Ribbiks,

I could give you 2 hints:

Spoiler

- Rizera's doom 2 demo shows a very useful trick.
- Watch your advanced HUD (assuming you use prboom).

RedReclusev3. Changes to the blue key fight so you can't immediately run, reduced cacos in the first fight by 25%, reduced the damage of blood in the moat to 5/10% instead of 10/20% or whatever, added some ammo to blue key fight and swapped some things around in the moat. Should be better. Final arena is still totally theoretical/godmode tested, will look at.

E: found an issue with the stair archviles waking up too early, fixed it in a test version I'm using to test the last arena. Also, messed with the backpack room. Try it out.

The Farthest Reach - V1 (requires cc4-tex)

A map based on the scheme of last year's "Walk With Me In Hell".

Has difficulty, and should be able to complete given ammo and health supplies. Of course, any suggestions are open to consideration.

FDA for farthest reach. I quit because I didn't want to try to get all that way again, but I found it to be a bit easy, but that's after dealing with my own maps, ribbik's stardate thing, and a couple other maps. I really like the theme you've got going on, and the fights are interesting. The part I died on is the only thing I'm kind of iffy on, you'll notice I never touched the cyb wall until I killed everything, and by then all the infighting is done. I felt the interior of the room, which is where I decided I had enough space to dodge rocket splash on columns, was really bumpy, and could be flattened out a bit. It looks pretty good otherwise.

2nd version, Metastasizing Slaughterfest. Changes as below:

1. Replace invulnerability sphere by megasphere in YK area for hard skill.
2. Replace 4 pictures(With Anime girls) by UAC logos in Red Area.
3. Add 32 teleporting chambers, the teleport is to Green Korean area. At first players can choose to kill enemies in upper side before entering the door. After this change, players can't do this anymore, instead force to kill them after the teleport to central pit.
4. The Green Korean area again. 1st one texture problem of a lift besides the Lady Choi pictures(Towards exit), now solved. 2nd textures change for the lifts.
5. The outdoor part, 2 medikats are placed wrongly. Solved!
6. Change monster numbers for easy and medium skill, due to mancubus error on Red Area. Medium - 834, Easy - 645.

As for the textures, actually really from CC4, PL2, Q1 etc. And about those Asian girls, lol...........

Anyway I already have plans for the 3rd map for SF2013, no more pictures will add because of the atmosphere and theme problem. I will start the work at around September.

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h2ytyu

FDA: The farthest reach. You can skip about the first 4 deaths as I try to experiment at random and run around to different areas. I've found my way to the BFG and decided to play more careful from that point. Got lucky at many places too.

Major things I noticed:
- The map is pretty and looks very multiplayer friendly: you can go any direction (didn't test multiplayer at all).
- What does the switch at the lowering floor do? Near those 6 barons. Does it just lower the floor? Seemed rather futile, since there are no pickups down there. There are 2 walk linedefs lowering the floor so it's not for killing the barons. Then I figured it might lower something else, but I can't reach any other place (without a rocketjump)... I'm confused.
- When going to YSK you get teleported away. 4 hk's/caco's are placed in each other, needs a fix.
- I didn't remember at the end of the map, but is it possible to get back to that area to kill those hk's/caco's?
- Tried quickly to look for secrets, but could only find BFG which I already had. It was a bit disappointing. :(
- I didn't find the last 3 monsters.
- Some inconsistency with damaging blood: no damage taken at hk/cyber trap. Is this intended? Why does blood in doom give you aids anyway?
- Overall difficulty is a bit low, especially after playing AB's Red Recluse map.

It's funny how AB mentioned the iffy part where he died. When I played first time I saw all hk's/barons teleport in and thought: if many barons keep tele in, the amount of ammo to kill all could be very iffy. At start I was hoping for other monsters to tele in. Didn't happen, so I hoped for cybers behind the wall to help me. Guess I had found what I needed. :)) Though, I would have been dead if 10+ viles were behind that wall.

__Lagger__ said:

FDA: The farthest reach. You can skip about the first 4 deaths as I try to experiment at random and run around to different areas. I've found my way to the BFG and decided to play more careful from that point. Got lucky at many places too.

Major things I noticed:
- The map is pretty and looks very multiplayer friendly: you can go any direction (didn't test multiplayer at all).

Deathmatch is poor, but co-op should work fine. I need to fully implement multiplayer still.

__Lagger__ said:

- What does the switch at the lowering floor do? Near those 6 barons. Does it just lower the floor? Seemed rather futile, since there are no pickups down there. There are 2 walk linedefs lowering the floor so it's not for killing the barons. Then I figured it might lower something else, but I can't reach any other place (without a rocketjump)... I'm confused.

It's just in case they get stuck down there. That way you can kill them after tripping both of the one time linedefs.

__Lagger__ said:

- When going to YSK you get teleported away. 4 hk's/caco's are placed in each other, needs a fix.

Improper difficulty tagging. Fixed in next update.

__Lagger__ said:

- I didn't remember at the end of the map, but is it possible to get back to that area to kill those hk's/caco's?

No, but when they're not stuck they should be able to teleport into the map area.

__Lagger__ said:

- Tried quickly to look for secrets, but could only find BFG which I already had. It was a bit disappointing. :(

I forgot to change all the secrets like I had planned. I'll change them for next update.

__Lagger__ said:

- I didn't find the last 3 monsters.

Not sure. All the dummy sector monsters aren't stuck or deaf.

__Lagger__ said:

- Some inconsistency with damaging blood: no damage taken at hk/cyber trap. Is this intended? Why does blood in doom give you aids anyway?

No blood is damaging I think. I'll check. It's not supposed to be in my map.

__Lagger__ said:

- Overall difficulty is a bit low, especially after playing AB's Red Recluse map.

That's been mentioned twice. Expect masochism.

__Lagger__ said:

It's funny how AB mentioned the iffy part where he died. When I played first time I saw all hk's/barons teleport in and thought: if many barons keep tele in, the amount of ammo to kill all could be very iffy. At start I was hoping for other monsters to tele in. Didn't happen, so I hoped for cybers behind the wall to help me. Guess I had found what I needed. :)) Though, I would have been dead if 10+ viles were behind that wall.