Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Anyone want Turtle soup?

How do you rate TMNT?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate TMNT?

• COWABUNGA DUDES!!!!!! TURTLE POWER!!!!!!
    • I liked it when it was in its early days, but I doubt it'll come back now
    • Meh
    • Never really did care for TMNT
    • GET IT AWAY!!! GET IT AWAY!!!!!

Hm, I was crazy about them when they came out, but later on, I began to find them way too cheesy.

I remembered gettin' increasingly annoyed at that shitty little brain (Krang, probably the Spiderdemon's spoilded younger brother), bossing Shredder around - thank God Shredder was the big bad mofo on his own in the movie.

Heh, I made a LOT of drawings of the Turtles though :-)

I only remember a few episodes of the cartoon show but I remember liking them a good deal back then.

I think I still have some of those Turtles trading cards somewhere.

Originally posted by Lüt

Heh, me too.

I liked them back in the day, but I have no nostalgia.

All I remember is a few epsiodes of the cartoon, and the motion picture. Oh, yes, the action figures, too.

Originally posted by Archvile64
All I remember is a few epsiodes of the cartoon, and the motion picture. Oh, yes, the action figures, too.

lol, yup, I loved the action figures.

Originally posted by dsm
Hm, I was crazy about them when they came out, but later on, I began to find them way too cheesy.

That's because you probably saw only the TV series and never read the comic books. The comics had more of that darker, somber, semi-gothic mood to them (you could tell by some of the drawings that were made of them).

Anybody seen the CGI pilot of the proposed CGI series? (No network was interested though, so the final idea was dumped, I heard.) IMO, the animation is pretty fucking awesome, and that's not even a finished project! My friend knows where to get it from, so I'll ask him and I might provide a link.

Originally posted by Lüt

Heh, I have the whole fucking collection of the first series...the second one was cool too, IMO. Got both movie collections as well, though they're incomplete.

Originally posted by Crendowing
That's because you probably saw only the TV series and never read the comic books. The comics had more of that darker, somber, semi-gothic mood to them (you could tell by some of the drawings that were made of them).

I DID read some of the comics thank you very much.
They weren't that good, or perhaps I'm confusing them with some other comics?

TMNT is about the only thing I remember from childhood besides my computer. I remember watching the movies, collecting the action figures, and watching the TV series. I remember the 3rd movie pretty much killed my love for the franchise though. Heh...I had the sewer, the blimp, a bike I think, and a bunch of stuff...I even saw the TMNT live show once...heh.

Heh, I remember the Turtles. That show influenced me and my creativity more than I care to admit. You nostalgia-types might find this interesting...

Originally posted by IMJack
Heh, I remember the Turtles. That show influenced me and my creativity more than I care to admit. You nostalgia-types might find this interesting...

Heh...I actualy remember that episode...

Why would I need to read that article? It was the most memorable episode of all!

And you're right Dan, the third movie did ruin it. I'll bet that's what made it fall in the first place. Don't even MENTION The Next Mutation! ACK!

Splinter looks a little stoned here, and April a little bummed out here.

Originally posted by Crendowing

And you're right Dan, the third movie did ruin it. I'll bet that's what made it fall in the first place. Don't even MENTION The Next Mutation! ACK!

Hah, I never saw the third movie - a friend of mine saw it and just the fact that he said that it wasn't so good made me stay away from it.

About episode 1: Hey! It was longer than that! Where's the part where the Spiderdemon Mastermind's younger bro (Krang) gets his new body (The big fat ugly baldhead with the brain in his stomach) and grows to a humongous size to trash the city???
But yeah, I remember it clearly, best fucking TMNT episode EVER - the others just got crappier and crappier, especially because the Toitles didn't have an army to fight and because Bebop n' Rocksteady were completely useless (In the first episode they were at least strong enough to throw cars at the Turtles, in the later shows they couldn't even brake down a door which the Shredder just gave a little kick - what happened to all their strenght dammit!).

Originally posted by dsm
Hah, I never saw the third movie

Be glad you didn't; it wasn't worth dying over.

About episode 1: Hey! It was longer than that! Where's the part where the Spiderdemon Mastermind's younger bro (Krang) gets his new body (The big fat ugly baldhead with the brain in his stomach) and grows to a humongous size to trash the city???

That's not until episode three, The Shredder is Splintered. You're thinking of that merging of the first 3 episodes called The Epic Begins.

But yeah, I remember it clearly, best fucking TMNT episode EVER - the others just got crappier and crappier, especially because the Toitles didn't have an army to fight and because Bebop n' Rocksteady were completely useless (In the first episode they were at least strong enough to throw cars at the Turtles, in the later shows they couldn't even brake down a door which the Shredder just gave a little kick - what happened to all their strenght dammit!).

Ditto.