Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
45th Parrallel

Doomworld Team map making project

My partner and I haven't worked on anything so far, I'm unsure if I'm going to continue since I have a lot of other things on my plate right now. Sorry.

I'm in need of a new map partner so you could take Marysson's place on MAP01. I'm a bit worried about the amount of dropping out and lack of real progress though.

On the progress front, me and PhantomTMac are at 266 sectors on our Hell map. We're also at over 1,200 sectors on a Tech map, which is my fault because I misunderstood the original plan. :D If not for that, the Hell map would be finished by now. We'll have screenies up soon.

On mine and Phobus's map, not much has happened due to Phobus being busy and well I been busy with other stuff so I haven't exactly been breaking down the door to get the map finished. Sorry

Gah.. I'm sorry to say, but I think I might have to drop out as well. I haven't been assigned a partner so I have still yet to start anything real, and between Switcherdoom!, Deathmatch Revival and Go # It, I just dont think I have the space. I apologize for this lameness, if it's still going on when I'm finished, I'll re join.

Is it too late for me to join this? It sounds like a brilliant project. I'm quite new to mapping though, so forgive me if I make any stupid mistakes.

I've been on a mapping hiatus for most of this year so far yes I've been busy working on a San Andreas Multiplayer server and have been pumping out 1000 lines of code a day :) anyways I've started the map and will send it to my partner tomorrow just a bit more then he can have a go anyways just wanted to give the heads up that I'm actually doing something cheers.

Currently at 979 sectors and I think 200 monsters. We should have new screenies in a few days.

Is the deadline now September 1st? I just got the map from Pottus on Saturday. We're well on our way here, I just don't want to miss the deadline.

Still lacking a partner for this since Marysson dropped out. I'm not all that bothered about finishing the map but it's looking OK (for a start) and I don't want to waste it. Anyone have a similar style to me and want to team up to finish this?

purist said:

Still lacking a partner for this since Marysson dropped out. I'm not all that bothered about finishing the map but it's looking OK (for a start) and I don't want to waste it. Anyone have a similar style to me and want to team up to finish this?

I certainly have a lighting style similar to yours, and I really liked your Hadephobia maps. If you'd like, I could email you the work done so far by me and PhantomTMac on our Hell and tech maps, which are quite well along, to help you decide.

That's not necessary Steve. If you're interested and think we can gel that's good enough for me.

I will email you the download link to what we have so far as well as some notes about our level plan.

purist said:

That's not necessary Steve. If you're interested and think we can gel that's good enough for me.

I will email you the download link to what we have so far as well as some notes about our level plan.

Sounds good! Fire away! :)

Are you going to extend the deadline? I just sent the map out to my partner the other day so I don't know when he will send it back.

Can I be your partner purist? I'm free and I liked your maps in Hadephobia.

EDIT: I'm late. -_-

@C30N9: Maybe we could do something together later on down the line of this project if it's still going.

I kind of like the idea of two mappers working on one level, reminds me a bit of Double Impact but more community wide-reaching. Consider me interested in this wad!

Suitepee said:

I kind of like the idea of two mappers working on one level, reminds me a bit of Double Impact but more community wide-reaching. Consider me interested in this wad!

And we'd be honored to have you play through them. It's always a blast to watch your Let's Play videos. And rest assured, when I release some of my personal mapsets, I'll give you a shout-out. ;)

It's September 1st, and my partner and I have a map.

It's a rather large map, with 426 rompin' stompin' monsters on UV. I certainly hope no one describes it as "too easy." ;D

It's Map07, so I put in a Dead Simple area. That might have been a bad idea, since there's a lot of Mancs and Arachnotrons in the environs outside this area, and if the player bypasses any of them, they won't be able to finish the map as it stands, since they'll never get out of that locked-room trap. ;D But that's what playtesting is for, to help figure out what's the best thing to do.

Anyway, we have a product. Where do we send it?

Is this project still happening, because it still sounds interesting to me! Might have to consider making this my next Doom LP of choice if it comes out this week.

Suitepee said:

Is this project still happening

That's the question of the moment, isn't it? ;D Maybe sgt dopey is enjoying a Labor Day vacation, but I'd really like to hear something in the next few days as to whether this thing is still a go.

I do know this -- my partner and I have 2 maps, a complete hell map and a tech map that only needs an exit. I've also worked on a map with purist and marysson that is complete. So that's 3 maps altogether that exist fer sure.

BTW, sorry I missed your finale on BTSX. Unexpected visitors arrived just before you were set to go live, and I had to entertain them for a couple hours. I do plan to watch it on YouTube very soon, though. ;)