Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Z_Match 2013 Deathmatch WAD Release

EDIT: Complete! as of 27/2/2013
Hello everyone, and welcome to Z_Match 2013.

This is a set of 10 deathmatch levels designed around the tried and true principles for smooth replayability in Doom DM. The maps have an oldschool feel with a newschool mindset: Remove the unfair snags and other nuisences.

Link - http://www.mediafire.com/?by9wms70wcjphxa

Some of these maps have undergone a facelift, and I think they are much improved now.

Hope you all have fun with it!

[Here's some screenshots]

Spoiler

Okay, I'm not the biggest deathmatch guy, but those blood waterfall stairs in the last picture look hideous.

ler said:

Okay, I'm not the biggest deathmatch guy, but those blood waterfall stairs in the last picture look hideous.

The colors aren't helping, either.

I'll give this a shot with some bots later. I love DM, have you thought about putting up servers for testing?

The layouts look pretty good for deathmatch actually. And the sky looks really good too. But yeah, as mentioned some of the colors/textures don't suit really well.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

The layouts look pretty good for deathmatch actually. And the sky looks really good too. But yeah, as mentioned some of the colors/textures don't suit really well.

On second look, you guys are right - the blood stairs look pretty horrible, I'll fix that up and maybe a few other little oddities as well.

And yes, I've breifly hosted a few Zandronum servers with this wad, but I haven't got a stable enoguh connection to keep them up for too long. :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback, it helps a ton!