Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alando1

Temple of the Lizardmen 3

Hello everyone, I know it has been a while since I was last on Doomworld. For the past year and a half, I have been working on the third installment of Temple of the Lizardmen.

What this new TOTLM wad will have:
- 32 levels total
- 3 episodes
- Old and new enemies
- Skip cut scenes if desired
- 4 Player Classes
- Narrative intermission screens

Progress:
- All 32 levels are done
- All cut scene and intermission maps are done
- DECORATE scripts are completed
- Dynamic lights are completed for actors and glowing floor textures
- Testing and debugging is in progress

TOTLM3 was mainly inspired by Unreal: Return to Na Pali so if you have played the Unreal expansion pack, you probably would have some idea to how this wad may operate. I also wanted to keep the look and feel of TOTLM2.

The project is still in progress and I do need some help with some things.

One thing I need help with most of all is I need someone to make some sprite graphics of a Lizard woman archer. If anyone would like to make the sprites, please let me know. I'll keep all of you updated on the progress.

-Alando1

Wow, great news! I've been a great fan of the first two installments, so now I'm happy to hear a third one is coming!
A couple things, if I might say:

- I felt that the weapons in the second release were a bit 'wasted'; that is, you had lots of ammo and weapons variety for the scarce amount of enemies in there. You might want to balance this third version accordingly... :-)
- A couple screenshots would be great. I bet they would also increase the probability of getting your request satisfied.

Anyway, good luck and keep up the good job!

I'll see if I can get screen shots for all of you.

Anyway, to reply to rsl, I have taken into account the weapon system. I have made maps where all weapons can carry out their purposes; from regular groups of enemies to epic boss battles, each weapon will be useful based on the situation. I'm glad you liked the previous TOTLM wads. Of course I have to give a good amount of credit to MegaDoomer for all the help he gave me. Without him, TOTLM2 would have been a flop.

So I will see what I can do to get some screen shots up and running. If any of you know an easy way to post pictures to this forum thread, please let me know. It has been a while since I was last here on the forums so my memory is a bit blurry. Thank you.

-Alando1

Upload stuff on imgur. If the pictures are large, post thumbnails with links to full size. (Click on "Get embed codes" after the pictures are uploaded, and you'll have several choices that cover all the forum code you might need, which you can then just copy-paste in the post.)

I've only played the second one and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I look forward to playing this one for definite. Can't wait to gawp at the screenshots and give it a playthrough.

I've been playing through Temple of the Lizardmen 2, and it's truly fantastic. I'm really looking forward to TOTLM3.

Wow.

I have just seen the screenshots preview, and now I must say, I almost feel starving for this mod (yes, I have a soft spot for temple-like architectures). I'd also like to ask you lots of things about some gorgeous details I saw in the shots and how you managed to do / where did you find them, but that would probably spoil the surprise... ;-)

Please, don't let us wait too much! :-D

To answer those who are asking when it's coming out, the wad is still in its testing stages. The wad wont be out maybe until (and hopefully) late Spring (March or April) or early/mid-summer (June or July).

If anyone is interested in helping with sprites, please feel free to let me know.

I will keep all of you posted on anything new.

-Alando1

That's a very good question, grouchbag. I may need some extra beta testers.

If anyone is interested in being a possible beta tester, feel free to let me know. MegaDoomer will once again be helping me with the testing but since the project is a full 32 levels, we may need some back up. I have a friend of mine who is currently testing it and I'll be checking up on his status soon.

Once again, if anyone would like to jump in on beta testing, please let me know.

-Alando1

No problem grouchbag.

If anyone else is interested in beta testing, as I said, please let me know.

For those who already are up to beta testing, I'll keep you all posted on the beta download. I will let you know through email or PM's.

If I take a long time to get back to this thread or anyone's question, don't worry. If I do take a long time to post something, give me at least a week to get back to any of you. I've been pretty busy for the past few weeks.

Also I would like to bring up an offer I mentioned a while back. If anyone would like to create a lizard woman archer sprite graphic set, please let me know. If anyone knows someone who would like to create the sprites, that would work, too.

-Alando1

Hello everyone, just wanted to give you all an update on TOTLM3. First off, the beta testing is in progress. I got in touch with my first beta tester, Bill, and so far everything is looking good. I will be contacting all beta testers during this upcoming week and the testing will commence accordingly.

By the way, the Lizard Woman character sprites are not needed anymore. I managed to figure out a way to make my own. I thank the Shadow Warrior Female Ninja for being the prime source of inspiration.

I'll keep all of you posted on anything new and hopefully, TOTLM3 can have a successful release around May 2013.

Thank you all for your patience.

-Alando1

So the may turned out and no lizardmen in sight. I am really feeling sad right now...

:*(

Hello everyone, TOTLM3 is near completion. We had a small delay. TOTLM3 should be released hopefully soon. I'm shooting for the week of June 3rd. My beta testers and I need to do one more test and it should be good to go. I will keep all of you posted on any updates. Thank you for all your patience.

-Alando1

Thank us for our patience? Isn't it you and your team that's busy grinding out what I'm sure will be, yet another, awesome sequel to an already great doom wad?

No, Sir, thank YOU (and the team) for YOUR patience :D <-- (That's my eager face...)

Hey everyone, TOTLM3 is just about ready to be uploaded. I'm just waiting for the OK from my beta testers. I'll keep all of you posted on its status.

-Alando1

Hey everyone, just wanted to inform all of you that Temple of the Lizard Men 3 has been uploaded. Earlier in the week I had a bit of trouble but I think the second time it went through alright. I will check up on it again to make sure it wasn't rejected for any reason.

So, just wanted to give all of you the heads up that TOTLM3 is uploaded and when it is available for download, I hope all of you will enjoy it.

-Alando1

Sun Jun 16 07:49:02 PDT 2013 Rejected lmtmple3.txt because: no email address in txt file
Sun Jun 16 07:49:02 PDT 2013 Rejected lmtmple3.zip because: no email address in txt file

i saw this when i checked the rejects - was this the first try?

Yes Pure Hellspawn, June 16th is when I first tried to upload. That was when it was rejected. I just recently checked up on the status of "try number two", and I found that it was accepted June 20th. It's under doom2/Ports/mega wads.

Everything is a go :)

-Alando1