Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JavaGuy

Here we go.

This isn't really Doom related, but I thought I'd share my experiences with you.

Ever been to a flea market? I mean, a real flea market with all kinds of scary redenecks and crazy asian dealers... I mean, I'm not saying all asian dealers are crazy, as some of them are quite nice, but man.

Anyway, I went today because I finally had money to blow. I got my mom to take me (yeah, I'm not that old) and we had to drag along her friend Jeff, who's wealthy, but is the most negative and low down person I know.

Me: "Hey, Jeff, I got a new engine."
Jeff: "Oh for the love of God.... you can't do anything right, what makes you think you can use that? Can you even start an engine?"

He's like the abusive father I never had. Anyway, I enter the flea market, dodge some crazy drivers who are aiming to hit people, and run the vicinity of a knife dealer.

First he tries to get me to buy things. He tries to put my interest of course, in his illegal items. Then, when I say, "No, I'm just looking" which is my usual get away response, he says I'm on the wrong side of the table and I should leave (which I wasn't, because others were there).

So I'm walking, by now completely seperated from my mom (which is good) and Jeff (thank god), and there's a fat guy walking around with a green parrot on his shoulder. He's walking around, talking to his parrot, giving it kisses, and knocking into people. Then he tells them to shove off.

The high point of my time there was when I thought I had a chance at something good. I noticed a pick-up with what I thought was a mini-bike in the back. I want one because they're cheap, and better for jumping than anything -I- have. But just then, I meet up with Jeff who, after making his snide remarks, drags me out to the outer part of the market, and then tells me, "Oops, I guess there isn't anything good over here."

So now, instead of seeing where that truck went, I have to search the entire market. This takes me about an hour. I finally give up when suddenly, I'm standing right in front of it. I realize it wasn't the color I remembered. I get all excited. I peer into the truck of goods.

It's a fake plastic three wheeler made to look like it's got an engine in it.

I spend the rest of my time wandering around more aimlessly than before, hearing interesting conversations such as:

"Hey, Gary, check out my new girlfriend!"
"Think she'd go good with this couch?"

and:

"So you won her?"
"Who?
"Your cat."
"No, that's just what I tell people."
"Your cat?"
"Yeah, I always tell people I won my cat."

Anyway, I was ready to leave. And of course, there was the parrot guy again.... licking his parrot's beak. Geeze.

That was pointless.

I have an urge to sing the national anthem after reading that.

I don't see any mods around, you're out of luck.
EDIT: ack, you live in the same state as I do!

Ah... I'd say you're a good three hours away. Ever heard of the County of Berlin? I don't live there, but that's where the market is.

he flae markets, i hate those, but they _sometimes_ have something kewl like an old amiga or an old computer or something useful, but then again, most dont, they mostly have furniture and the furniture is shit. well maybee cus its old, anyway i just h8 to go to flea markets.

Actually, flea markets kick ass. I'm into mechanics as much as hiking through mountains, and they have everything for everyone. I just didn't find anything worth spending my money on. I spent 10+ hours suspended 7 feet over a pond full of sharp rocks and pointy water pumps. Either that, or I could hit the jagged rocks to either side of the pond. All that, and I had boards up my ass the whole time. It pays well though. I just wish those poison chemicals didn't make my throat burn so much...

Hey, while this gay thread is here, does anyone of you internet folks have a website that has blue prints for a gatling gun, chain gun, min gun, etc.?

I remember they used to have computer shows at the local fairgrouds a lot. I used to go to them with my Dad and I'd look at all the latest games and screensavers and such while he would check out the hardware people were selling. You could always find interesting items for real cheap at those places. Unfortunately, people began to lose interest in them as computer stores became more common, and it shrank year after year. I'm not sure if they even have them anymore.

Originally posted by orion
I need to go to one, I need a bong.

Heh, that reminds me of the time when my class went on this field trip to the annual International Festival on the south side with all these tents selling ethnic food and other items. This one African tent or something was selling bongs, so of course, we all bought one just for the hell of it...then they all got confiscated :(