Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PhantomTMac

Gaming Classics Deathmatch

Here's a brief look at the current Deathmatch wad I'm working on. It will feature maps based off of popular video games through the years.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

SUPER MARIO 64

COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS AND FAVORITE VIDEO GAME TITLES!

DOWNLOAD THE GREEN HILL ZONE MAP:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j6mj9rorujm3t4b

Download the wad above and do an Offline Deathmatch Skirmish to get a feel of how the map will play out. WARNING: Enemy bots are stupid and will likely fall into water or run into walls during tests.

Thanks!

- PhantomTMac

Looks pretty good so far! The sonic level reminds me of a UDM3 a little (as that had a similar one or was it UDMX?) I can't remember tbh. I would say one I'd like to see is a Zelda themed map.

I wonder if anyone's tried a God of War themed map?

Nice pics by the way. The Sonic ones are pretty groovy.

Cool stuff, though I think I'd darken some or all of the textures slightly; it's a bit hard on the eyes as-is.

edit: Actually you might just want to turn down the map lighting itself. Are these fullbright or something? Try something closer to 192 for outdoor scenes if you're not already; the little bit of brightness fading and edge contrast ought to add some more depth to the scenes.

esselfortium said:

Cool stuff, though I think I'd darken some or all of the textures slightly; it's a bit hard on the eyes as-is.

edit: Actually you might just want to turn down the map lighting itself. Are these fullbright or something? Try something closer to 192 for outdoor scenes if you're not already; the little bit of brightness fading and edge contrast ought to add some more depth to the scenes.

The brightness in the Green Hill Zone is set to 255, but I think it makes sense. I actually did try 192 for that map, cause I do 192 for most of my outdoor wads, but it looked too dark.

TimeOfDeath said:

Looks cool. How did you remake the levels?

Made textures out of screenshots, texture rips, and various images online. Create a map based on or inspired by a certain game. Tweak every detail until it looks cool.

I don't understand why sonic fans must always bring mario into the picture when they make mods for games or videos for youtube, not to mention always pitting mario as second best. :P

Avoozl said:

I don't understand why sonic fans must always bring mario into the picture when they make mods for games or videos for youtube, not to mention always pitting mario as second best. :P

Hmm? What gives you that assumption? This wad is going to have a bunch of games. My point wasn't to make Mario or Sonic seem better.

scalliano said:

I would have thought Sonic fans were too busy deriding Sonic these days ...

It seems that way. :( The only thing keeping it alive is the classics and Adventure 2.

Of those, I'm thinking Kakariko Village would make the most sense as a DM map.

scalliano said:

I would have thought Sonic fans were too busy deriding Sonic these days ...

Actually, Colors and Generations were pretty good. Gave 'em something to gush over instead.

walter confalonieri said:

Hyrule castle?

Hyrule castle! i will surely play this if i will found it on zandronum!

All right readers. Hopefully by now you've had a chance to download and try the Green Hill Zone map. Post your thoughts! Coming soon: A new Ocarina of Time based map!

Cacowad said:

Hyrule castle! i will surely play this if i will found it on zandronum!

For me, it's a tie between Hyrule Castle and Kakariko Village. If I did the castle, I'd most likely do the inside area where you're avoiding guards (maybe some of the courtyard). If I did the village, it would likely be the whole town, except you wouldn't be able to go in buildings.