Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exl

WhackEd 4

Da Werecat said:

By the way, where's A_Stop?

(yet another thing I forgot to mention at the time)

I don't see that in any DEHACKED reference, I think it's a DECORATE action.

It's there, called "Stop". The "A_" prefix is just a ZDoom prefix for the same codepointer.

Thanks Scifista, although it says:
"New to Eternity."

So it's not a MBF addition and Whacked doesn't have an Eternity profile.

scifista42 said:

It's there, called "Stop". The "A_" prefix is just a ZDoom prefix for the same codepointer.

All codepointers have the "A_" prefix in the code.

VGA said:

So it's not a MBF addition and Whacked doesn't have an Eternity profile.

State 1074.

It still seems to me that A_Stop is an Eternity addition. It is specifically stated in the reference. Not sure why there's a Stop at that frame.

scifista42 said:

By the way, is there an actual (non-Eternity) MBF codepointer reference anywhere?

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=source/winmbf02s.zip
Open the D_deh.c file and check it out. :-D

EDIT: Oh it does exist it seems.
void A_Stop(mobj_t *actor)
{
actor->momx = actor->momy = actor->momz = 0;
}

It's inside BETA ifdef.

scifista42 said:

By the way, is there an actual (non-Eternity) MBF codepointer reference anywhere?

I used mbfedit.txt from the original MBF destribution, but it does indeed not mention the Stop codepointer. MBF's info.c source file should be a "definitive" reference. And it does use the Stop codepointer, so it is missing from WhackEd4.

VGA said:

It still seems to me that A_Stop is an Eternity addition. It is specifically stated in the reference.

Most likely they thought it was useless at first, but at some point decided to add it for compatibility. That's why it's "new to Eternity".

[edit]

Actually, I don't even see any other beta codepointers on that Eternity reference page. This one should be up to date:

http://eternity.youfailit.net/index.php?title=List_of_codepointers

Well it has BetaSkullAttack for example.

Thanks, bookmarked, but I have to be careful because it includes all codepointers that Eternity supports and some will break compatibility with prboom, zdoom etc.

Hi, I have found a fairly significant bug in WhackEd: the Raise / Lower code pointer names, and the Select state / Deselect state descriptions, are all reversed. WhackEd consistently refers to the lower state as the raise state, and vice versa.

This problem was dealt with recently.

There's also an error in Dehacked syntax itself, but it can't be fixed for obvious reasons.

Wow the thread title makes it invisible to searches for "whacked", might wanna change that.

I'd like to report two problems, first is that the Chaingun's frame 56 is weird. Is it used? From where? Frame 55 jumps elsewhere, I don't understand.

Second problem is that when loading my wad, which has SS Nazi gfx replacements, the SSWVE* and some of the next frames show the originals, not the modified ones. Although everything is in order and of course in the game they are replaced properly. Why does Whacked show the original gfx for those frames/rotations but not the rest?

VGA said:

I'd like to report two problems, first is that the Chaingun's frame 56 is weird. Is it used? From where? Frame 55 jumps elsewhere, I don't understand.

The game uses the main flash frame + 1 when the chaingun shoots for the second time.

Although WhackEd4 just assumes that frame 56 is hardcoded.

VGA said:

Second problem is that when loading my wad, which has SS Nazi gfx replacements, the SSWVE* and some of the next frames show the originals, not the modified ones.

The 0 rotation takes precedence in WhackEd4. I don't think it should be this way, because the game does the opposite.

But I haven't just added rotations, I have replaced ALL the SS Nazi gfx. The original ones shouldn't be visible at all.

On another note, I believe the beta items should not exist in the MBF preset. Also, it would be cool if the states had one extra column with the name of the thing that is using them. I was wondering where the frames 1042-1055 were, it was in the beta things.

VGA said:

But I haven't just added rotations, I have replaced ALL the SS Nazi gfx. The original ones shouldn't be visible at all.

SSWVE and such aren't 1 - 8, but 0. It's doubtful that you've actually replaced SSWVE0.

Although WhackEd4 just assumes that frame 56 is hardcoded.

The chaingun firing action will use state and state + 1, WhackEd takes this into account, and doesn't hardcode it.

The 0 rotation takes precedence in WhackEd4. I don't think it should be this way, because the game does the opposite.

You're right, 0 rotations should indeed not take precedence over regular ones. Added to bug list.

On another note, I believe the beta items should not exist in the MBF preset.

Why not? Are they not spawnable (when in beta mode)?

Also, it would be cool if the states had one extra column with the name of the thing that is using them.

That's an interesting idea. I'll see if that fits in the UI.

exl said:

The chaingun firing action will use state and state + 1, WhackEd takes this into account, and doesn't hardcode it.

I know that used states can be tweaked in the table. I just meant that with the default table the program won't show 56 as free even if the flash state is redefined.

The engine's algorithm for choosing a muzzle flash seems to be pretty flexible, btw. It's possible to have more than two flashes if the firing sequence has more than two shots. So the conditions for the frames being occupied are rather complex in this case.

Just thinking aloud, I'm content with the way things are right now.

Da Werecat said:

It's possible to have more than two flashes if the firing sequence has more than two shots.

Not in all ports. I once experimented with this (4 bullet chaingun, 2+2 bullet chaingun), and I couldn't make it work the same way in PrBoom-plus, Zandronum and ZDoom at the same time - at least one of them always glitched.

Hello,

How is it possible to add a new State eq. weapon. I looked in the dehacked patch for pk_anim.wad (is done with whacked 2) and there are new states for Smooth Weapon handle but where is the Button,Right Mouse Popup Command or Hotkey to add a new State?

I would like use dehacked file because is more compatible to other Source Ports as Decorate.

Where is the Help for Newbies :) I miss a Handfull Tooltype Hints ;)

And i become always a Crash if i use the "Sprite Select Button"

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "whacked4\whacked4\ui\editors\statesframe.py", line 462, in select_sprite
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'sprite_index' referenced before assignment

DeHackEd patches can't add new states, only modify and repurpose existing ones. I believe pk_anim.wad's patch works by borrowing states from animated decorations and other places.

exl betrayed us! He released a new stable version and kept it hidden from us!
Unless I missed some thread somewhere(?)

Version 1.1.0

Added: the ability to change the rotation in a sprite preview by dragging the mouse over it with the left button held down.
Added: a number of new state, thing, weapon and miscellaneous options for advanced ZDaemon\ZDoom support.
Added: better defined state action parameter support, including support for arguments.
Added: a new miscellaneous editor UI that supports an arbitrary number of options. Double click items to quickly edit them.
Added: clicking an active editor window toolbar button will bring it to the front if it is not already, otherwise it will close it.
Added: closing dialogs is now possible with the ESC and a window close button.
Added: a ZDaemon engine configuration file supporting some of ZDaemon's Dehacked extensions.
Fixed: sound numbering and sound assignment used sound 1 as the dummy sound erroneously.
Fixed: missing ampersands in thing flags.
Fixed: thing names not being updated in the state filter list when a thing is renamed.
Fixed: misspelling of ReFire and BFGSound actions.
Fixed: monster infighting flag used the wrong value when enabled.
Fixed: loading a patch through explorer no longer causes a crash on startup.
Fixed: weapon editor undo functionality did not work properly.
Changed: removed the MBF Beta configuration. The regular MBF configuration now also contains the beta functionality.
Changed: editing action parameters is now made easier by only displaying parameters for actions that support them, complete with name labels and descriptions in tooltips.
Changed: thing list indices start at 1 to make using state actions like MBF's Spawn easier.
Changed: some control and window sizes have been altered to better fit with larger fonts.
Changed: the string editor window will focus on the text to edit when activated, so the user can often begin typing immediately.
Changed: reduced flickering when resizing editor windows.
Changed: tab traversal between controls is now possible in most cases.
Changed: the sprite selector will now not hide when pressing enter or clicking Ok if no sprite is selected.
Changed: the sprite selector puts focus on the filter field for faster filtering.

I am now starting work on the most epic Dehacked mod ever. See you in a few weeks/months.

exl said:

Tales of my betrayal have been greatly exaggerated! There was a thread for the beta: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-editing/74743-whacked4-1-1-0-beta/ but it went by unnoticed.

Using whacked4 in the thread title makes the thread stealthy against searches for "whacked", I think. Maybe you are better off bumping this thread.

I have a small complaint, when I change the sprite of a state, it doesn't get updated on the info unless I select something else and then the modified state again.