Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exl

WhackEd 4

Hey @exl, thought it would be a good idea to bring this to your attention - https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1900549

I'm using v1.2.2, which I believe is a beta build?  There was a feature in it that I needed for D64D2 so I'm not sure if this is a bug related to it being a beta or not.

The issue was that I blanked out a frame in the deh I was working on for D64D2.  This worked out fine in Chocolate Doom, but in DOS Doom it seems to cause the game to crash.

If you need more info, let me know.

That is indeed a bug, you can't null out an action in normal Dehacked, only in extended patches. Maybe Chocolate Doom's behaviour here is not the way they want it to be?

Version 1.2.3 of WhackEd 4 is available. The biggest change is that it's moved on to Python 3 and a newer version of the GUI library. This should not be noticeable but new UI issues might appear for some users.Full changelog:

• Fixed: no longer allow a state's action to be removed in non-extended patches. Thanks to Mechadon.
  • Fixed: Boom configurations now properly refer to the red skullcard pickup string key as REDSKULL instead of REDSKUL. Thanks to EarthQuake.
  • Fixed: a crash on startup if the program settings became empty or corrupted somehow. Default settings will now be loaded if this is the case.
  • Changed: doubled size of sprite previews in the state editor.
  • Changed: updated wxPython to 4.0.6.
  • Changed: updated to Python 3.7.
  • Changed: enabled high DPI support.
  • Changed: reduced size of installed files.

Installer, 10 Mb: https://www.teamhellspawn.com/exl/whacked4/files/whacked4-setup-1.2.3.exe

Standalone 7zip archive, 9 Mb: https://www.teamhellspawn.com/exl/whacked4/files/whacked4-1.2.3.7z

Hey, Whacked4 chrashes when trying to create a new file or open one. worked fine yesterday but not now for some reason. version 1.2.3, here's the crash log :

Spoiler

D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:233: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:235: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:237: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:239: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:241: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:243: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:245: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:247: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:249: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:2273: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:3522: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:3524: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:3936: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
D:\ProjetDoomFun\WHACKED\lib\whacked4\ui\windows.py:3938: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use :meth:`AddTool` instead.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src\whacked4\ui\dialogs\startdialog.py", line 46, in open_file
  File "src\whacked4\ui\mainwindow.py", line 165, in open_file_dialog
  File "src\whacked4\ui\mainwindow.py", line 258, in open_file
  File "src\whacked4\ui\mainwindow.py", line 357, in load_wads
  File "src\whacked4\doom\wadlist.py", line 207, in build_sprite_list
IndexError: string index out of range

Is this fixable or am i SOL like for doom builder ?

Which WAD files (IWADs, PWADs) are you loading and what engine are you creating the patch for?