Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Jimmy's livestream

I'm thinking of doing some livestreaming. Every M-W-F around 8PM GMT+8 (8AM EDT), I'll stream something either musical (me putting a song together in MIDI, perhaps, or maybe just noodling on my keyboard) or Doom-related. I'm open to suggestions, so if you guys would like me to stream me playing something, suggest away. :)

https://www.twitch.tv/jimmybtsx

Streams announced via:
http://twitter.com/JamesPaddock
http://jimmyzd.tumblr.com

Highlighted streams:

(TBA)

The reworked D_EVIL is sounding damn awesome. I'm almost certain that Xaser's map is going to be among the best in the mapset.

Thanks, man. :)

In terms of music that I'm working on, I have a lot I can possibly stream, but would anyone like to watch me playing some maps/mods?

This evening (or perhaps tomorrow), if all goes to plan, I should be streaming something pretty cool. I'm working on a remix (in MIDI) of one of Mark Klem's songs ("Mantis") and he should be joining the stream via Facebook chat to offer his feedback. :) Do tune in!

st.alfonzo said:

TangoTV™ officially endorses this livestream!

I endorse this endorsement! :D

---

At some point perhaps at the weekend, I should be streaming something pretty cool. I'm working on a remix (in MIDI) of one of Mark Klem's songs ("Mantis") and he should be joining the stream via Facebook chat to offer his feedback. :) I'll let you guys know when that'll happen, but do tune in when it does! Excited stuff it is! :D

Tonight, I'll be streaming a playthrough of "The Beesong" by Death-Destiny, a map by an author whose work I very much enjoyed but haven't played in ages. To my recollection, though, this particular map is one of the most hideously frustrating ordeals I've ever put myself through in my Dooming history.

Tune in later today (at about 12AM EST) to witness a crash-course in British profanity. :P

That was "The Beesong" by Death-Destiny. Featuring Jimmy and Jimmy 2 (aka Ben). Didn't go quite as well as I'd planned but what the hell. :P

I do apologize for the poor quality of the video this time around (as well as the Jimmy's brother thing). I hadn't messed around with my encoder settings and wasn't aware the defaults were really that bad for streaming Doom. Fortunately I will have amended that for my next Doom stream. It's a bit of a balancing act, though - I do seem to get rather bad slowdowns if I up the quality any more.

The drumming sound that persisted throughout all of the stream was also in fact not my dad, but my laptop's keyboard - it really is that noisy and I never even noticed. This will be addressed in that my microphone boost will be turned off and hopefully not pick up too much of it next time (it still does a bit in the tests that I've done, though), or alternatively by me getting a different keyboard. :P

The stream with very special guest Mark Klem was a success!

However, I do have to apologize again for some slight technical hitches. My computer was being a tad slow throughout the stream for some reason, which results in notes sounding a bit delayed or even silent during the playback of the MIDI. It hopefully doesn't detract too much from the experience. I also wish I could've invited Mark onto Skype but in all honesty I'm really chronically shy of talking with my voice. x_x Maybe that's something for me to work towards.

I agree that the Xaser track sounds amazing. When you listen to music like this, which incidentally has the grand flavour of the better ROTT tracks commonly used in Doom megawads, it makes you wonder what the hell Bobby Prince was doing when he was droning away with the silly "tick-tock" music from The Gantlet. Did he even play Doom?

Jimmy91 said:

This is my playthrough of the majority of WOOO.WAD. a.k.a. the worst (and simultaneously best) mapset to come out of Doomworld this year. Great fun was had by all. For the most part. House of Fury can go **** itself with a rusty spork.

Your playthrough of my levels has made my day!

Again, I apologize for House of Fury. It is not only the worst level in UAC Enterprises (everything else is miles above it in terms of quality, design, and actual gameplay), it is the worst level I've ever made. Thanks for playing it all the way through, though.

If you're ever interested, I'd like to see a livestream of at least a few maps from UAC Enterprises. And, no, I would never ask you to go through House of Fury again- in fact, forgetting about that level would be a better choice altogether.

But, anyways, level suggestions I'd give: maps 5, 6 (though that one's iffy), 8, 13, 14, 17, 27 (especially 27!), and either of the secret levels (though 32 is better, in my opinion.)

Thanks again for the awesome playthrough,
Obake,

Heh, sorry if my playthrough made me say some nasty things. :P (I've blotted the majority of that experience out by now, so I forget.)

I may play through UAC Enterprises. How long would you expect it to take me to go through the whole thing (minus 27 :P)? If I do more of it, I'll probably only stream for a couple of hours at a time because I have other stuff to be doing during the day. Also it'll be late evening for you Americans while I do it, and early(ish) morning for me.

Jimmy91 said:

Heh, sorry if my playthrough made me say some nasty things. :P (I've blotted the majority of that experience out by now, so I forget.)

I may play through UAC Enterprises. How long would you expect it to take me to go through the whole thing (minus 27 :P)? If I do more of it, I'll probably only stream for a couple of hours at a time because I have other stuff to be doing during the day. Also it'll be late evening for you Americans while I do it, and early(ish) morning for me.

It wouldn't take terribly long. The first episode goes by pretty fast with perhaps the exceptions of maps 6 and 8 (and possibly 3, which has a few puzzles.)

Episodes 2 and 4 would most likely take the longest, since they contain a few of the more expansive maps. But it still wouldn't take too long.

In all honesty, I feel episode 1 is the weakest of the episodes, in that its maps aren't as interesting or as dynamic as the later ones. I'm super interested to see what people think about the last level and the secret levels.

I'll also give you the map number that the first secret exit appears in: Map 8.

First third of UAC Enterprises done. (maps 01-09)

(Also, forgive the occasional bleeping, that's HexChat highlighting me.)

Now, first let me concede that I'm a sucky player, so that's where the majority of the pain (and death) I endured during this mapset came from. I'll say the set is at least better than House of Fury on its own, but it suffers greatly from many elementary mapping mistakes, looks pretty bad, and isn't a whole lot of fun. At least things started to improve with map09 but by then I was really getting infuriated by those goddamn lion switch turrets.

I give my summated thoughts at the end of the video. I will of course continue with it sometime soon, perhaps tomorrow.

EDIT: Yikes, what a slow and shitty stream that turned out to be. My apologies.

Jimmy91 said:

First third of UAC Enterprises done. (maps 01-09)

(Also, forgive the occasional bleeping, that's HexChat highlighting me.)

Now, first let me concede that I'm a sucky player, so that's where the majority of the pain (and death) I endured during this mapset came from. I'll say the set is at least better than House of Fury on its own, but it suffers greatly from many elementary mapping mistakes, looks pretty bad, and isn't a whole lot of fun. At least things started to improve with map09 but by then I was really getting infuriated by those ******* lion switch turrets.

I give my summated thoughts at the end of the video. I will of course continue with it sometime soon, perhaps tomorrow.

EDIT: Yikes, what a slow and shitty stream that turned out to be. My apologies.

Alright, so far I've watched you play up to map 02, and I apologize for some of the poor texturing.

However, you skipped past the four wooden doors near the beginning of map 01, all which lead to things like a green armor, plentiful health, and ammo! That would have probably made the map a lot easier, now that I think I about it. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about the other levels!

I'm still watching the new livestream. This is so exciting!

I appreciate the critiques my maps are receiving, plus it's just awesome to see my levels on video!

Episode 2 is a huge improvement over episode 1, as are all the other episodes better than the first, IMO.

The texturing is still weird in some of the levels, but not nearly as bad as the maps in episode 1.

I especially can't wait to see your take on maps 13, 14, and 16!

With much thankfulness, Obake,

Nice to know there's (aside from Chubzdoomer that I know of) another Doom livestreamer out there!

I will try to catch you live one time, and perhaps consider watching some of your replays.

So what's next for Jimmy91? Obake, I think you need to whip up another megawad, so Jimmy can get frustrated with it.

P.S. Although I thought some of those levels were pretty nice.

I'm back, want to get in the swing of things. My stream quality should be reasonably up to snuff this time, too.

Streaming should be happening every M-W-F at 8PM my time (8AM EDT). There'll be one tonight (or tomorrow morning) at that time, too. Spread the word! Tell your Doomer/streamer friends about it!

If you want me to playtest your WAD or just want to recommend me something to play for shiggles, do get in contact. :)

https://www.twitch.tv/jimmybtsx

You can also find me here (I announce streams here):
http://twitter.com/JamesPaddock
http://jimmyzd.tumblr.com

well, i have a new stream to subscribe to! :D
i watched some of your past streams - you seem like a pretty coolio guy :)

Thank you! :D

I think, just for shiggles, I'm gonna stream through a bunch of classic Tormentor wads and offer my honest critique looking back on them. Used to be a big fan of his work, now I kinda see what he did wrong a lot more vividly. I guess we'll see how his wadography holds out today.