Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

really bad wad addiction!

Mr. Chris said:

Why do Terry (style) Crap Maps make it into the Archives in the first place?

I am guessing something about no censorship? hell if anybody knows why they exist in the first place!

I played first map of jow.wad and liked it. Maybe I won't like it if the other maps are almost identical in style, but then again I have fun with SLIGE maps so that remains to be seen. BTW, if you think that's a bad map, you haven't seen nothing yet. I've seen plenty of maps that have haphazard texture choices, no aligment whatsoever, HOM everywhere, impossible gameplay or show-stopper bugs. This one's quite a few steps above that, so it doesn't fall in the "bad" category. If anything, it's mediocre.

Pure Hellspawn said:

I meant this - the rest of the IWAD was removed before I posted this wad here. Else i'd be on my way to being banned.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jnx5ls3b5rd3bk3 -

NOTE TO MODS:

Last edited by esselfortium on 02-03-13 at 02:00 - this was when the full IWAD was removed.

I posted the link on this thread about 2 hours later:

post date: 02-03-13 04:18

oh, its just the same, its just a hack of E2M8, and a half arsed one at that! just an *unfinished* (they might of fixed it) retexture and some strange lift thing in the middle that falling off would mean becoming trapped!

Cell said:

UGH! I completely forgot DA MASTERPIECE!...

in the terrible portal of hell? just the description says enough to put it in my crap folder!

mrthejoshmon said:

in the terrible portal of hell? just the description says enough to put it in my crap folder!

You won't be disappointed :D

JoLo94 said:

a bit Off-Topic but I'd like to ask who "Terry" is. :)

A wad author, who learnt ACS just to make it clear for people who play his WADs that someday he will rape their asses until perineal rupture.

JoLo94 said:

Ugh, ok then I better avoid downloading his wads 0.o

You really better!

And for your ability to hear (MAP09 and MAP14 especially)

mrthejoshmon said:

just be wary of maps rated 1 or 1 and a half stars, they are usually terry's work!

Wait a minute... they may be also the work of Giulio "Glassyman" Galassi.

mrthejoshmon said:

ah, HIM!

Well, I can't show anything new for you, since it was declared as the worst mapper of the 2006 year. But at least he's been quite productive!

Cell said:

Well, I can't show anything new for you, since it was declared as the worst mapper of the 2006 year. But at least he's been quite productive!

would he be classed as famous or notorious for his "work"

mrthejoshmon said:

would he be classed as famous or notorious for his "work"

Not so as Terry I suppose. He was rather infamous for designing orthogonal, bland and boring maps with some juvenile background story and that's it.

Cell said:

Not so as Terry I suppose. He was rather infamous for designing orthogonal, bland and boring maps with some juvenile background story and that's it.

sounds like the average bad crap!

mrthejoshmon said:

sounds like the average bad crap!

Yea, but firstly I wasn't sure what the real wrong was about his maps. But then it came clear to me that he's just producing a bunch of bland rooms (still better than Mattbratt11's IMO) within 10 minutes, paired with endlessly falling elevators and tons of monstery and that's it. Not the worst mapper, but better take himself away from DB2.

Cell said:

Yea, but firstly I wasn't sure what the real wrong was about his maps. But then it came clear to me that he's just producing a bunch of bland rooms (still better than Mattbratt11's IMO) within 10 minutes, paired with endlessly falling elevators and tons of monstery and that's it. Not the worst mapper, but better take himself away from DB2.

so he like like the author of JOW.wad but not as bad?

mrthejoshmon said:

so he like like the author of JOW.wad but not as bad?

About the level of JOW.wad, but maybe less huge maps and all for E1M1.