Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

Doom2Remake By Me !*Pre-alpha v0.3 GamePlay Footage*!

TEKGREN looked fine on my AMD Radeon... Looked really good, actually. And aside from missing textures on corner edges, all the walls are looking pretty spiffy!

I still think the models look a bit dorky... I know you're still working on them, but you might consider soliciting other projects for donations of models and animations - like whatever Risen3D is using, for example. Might help you save some time, so you can go back to making these excellent wall models. :)

Sahkan said:

What problem of the faces do you mean ? actually considering i had to move my project to unity and that i learn how to do some things while im doing them for the first time, i think im doing ok :)

The faces look ugly, and they still don't have hair. Just about the entirety of the imp looks plain stupid. Sorry for being brute here, but that's as plain as I can put it.

Looking good. The imp's fireballs are way too huge and spawn too many particles, though. The hallway also lags out my PC (probably the lights).

Marrub said:

Looking good. The imp's fireballs are way too huge and spawn too many particles, though. The hallway also lags out my PC (probably the lights).

Thanks, what kind of hardware do you have ? CPU, GPU CARD AND MEMORY .

Sahkan said:

what kind of hardware do you have ? CPU, GPU CARD AND MEMORY .

2-3 year old really bad laptop.
Specifics would be
CPU Pentium Dual-Core T4300 @ 2.10GHZ/2100MHZ [2 cores, 2 logical - duh]
4 GB RAM
GPU ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 512 MB [weak as a cat's testicles]
also, why is doomguy's glove red and not stuck to his hand (but instead like a gardening glove)

*18/03/13 Update - Play via your web browser*:
Being working on the imp AI in the last days, ( had tofigure out how to write stuff since i just started using unity for this project for the first time, so it does take more than 2-3 days per update like i said in the begining, but hopefuly while learning i will get more efficient :) ) .
I know not all of you like to download stuff to their computer so i'v made a browser version for you ( unity makes it so easy to do so why not :) ) . Enjoy :
https://googledrive.com/host/0B9ttlyBJ54uST3dZcG5mR2U1ZWs/Doom2BySahkanWeb_21_3_13.html
The imp's back horns looks wierd in the low ver version but oh well...

Cool!

Im in the office at the moment so better not load it up right now, but will try at lunch time when everybody has disappeared for a while lol

Only problem is im on a MAC! These things hate games and especially roll over and die when anything 3D is presented on screen *sigh*

Anyway, shall feed back my experience.....if it even gets that far.

Looks alright for something using the Unity engine. I like how the imp death reminded me a bit of the Doom 3 'disintegration of hell monster death' only more fiery. And their glowing red eyes was a nice touch.

Also when you entered the room with an outside view, I had a flashback to KdizD (Knee Deep In ZDoom) and thought "this is kind of how they'd reimagine Entryway", especially with the smoke billowing reactor chimneys replacing the dull brown grids. Are you going to be reimagining as well as recreating Doom 2?

Is the finished remake going to have monster infighting?

There looks to be some potential here, even if it's just a test project for using the Unity engine. Keep it at OP!

And if all else fails, it looks better than Slender anyway.

Suitepee said:

Looks alright for something using the Unity engine. I like how the imp death reminded me a bit of the Doom 3 'disintegration of hell monster death' only more fiery. And their glowing red eyes was a nice touch.

Also when you entered the room with an outside view, I had a flashback to KdizD (Knee Deep In ZDoom) and thought "this is kind of how they'd reimagine Entryway", especially with the smoke billowing reactor chimneys replacing the dull brown grids. Are you going to be reimagining as well as recreating Doom 2?

Is the finished remake going to have monster infighting?

There looks to be some potential here, even if it's just a test project for using the Unity engine. Keep it at OP!

And if all else fails, it looks better than Slender anyway.

Glad you like it !

The final version will have monster infighting ( I think this is one of doom coolest features ) .

At first i wanted it to be exactly the same with better graphics, but i got bored of it, so im going to make it slightly diffeent like you saw in the new room .

Thnaks for releasing a new download version. I tried it, unfortunatly a get a strange Graphics bug. A big, White rectangle that takes up about half the screen at the start and gets smaller or dissapears sometimes when I move around. I was unable to get a screenshot of it. Graphics setting are 1920x1080 res. and fantastic setting. The Graphics card is a GeForce GTX 260. OS is Windows 8 32-bit. EDIT: Changing to setting 'good' made the White box go smaller, but not dissapear completly though. EDIT 2: And changing to 'fast' made it go away completly.

Thank you dor reviewing my latest release ! I'v rechecked the release and it works fine in my comp and in some other who tried the web version, I suggest you try to update your gtx260 drivers to the newer version :
http://www.geforce.com/drivers
Btw, what version of windows do you use ? xp/vista/7/8 32/64bit ?
Please let me know if the driver is fixing the problem .

According to geforce.com, I allready have the latest driver, 320.18. Windows is 8 32bit.

Maybe this is an issue with windows 8, i haven't try it on other computers with windows 8 yet,Thanks for letting me know i will check it out .

Cire said:

By the way, thanks for making this, I love it so far!

:)

( I'v smiled at the wrong comment before X) )

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now!
Unfortunatly, I seem to be unable to download it from ModDB: "The file you have selected (Doom2RemakeBySahkanBuilt_31.5.13.zip) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes." The video looks great though!

I'v just checked it and it worked, maybe you should try again, see if there is an option to chose other mirrors that perhaps are closer to your country ( where are you from btw ? )