Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lippeth

Essel, I love your music.

After feeling a bit disgruntled about the minimal feedback on my maps (I'm very new so I don't blame a soul) I did a search on tips for making better maps, found a small tips and tricks thread you started, clicked the link to your personal site, and found this music. Thanks for making this, you've made a fan out of me! I plan to play this while mapping for a while. Great ambient melodies, reminds me of Silent Hill, but with more filters and a better production sound.

For others reading who have no idea, check out Esselfortium's music for God's sake.

The PM function on these forums is really wonderful. Why, in fact, it even allows you to send message to one specific person! Imagine that! The hundreds upon hundreds, maybe even thousands of uses; it's practically endless!

Kirby said:

The PM function on these forums is really wonderful. Why, in fact, it even allows you to send message to one specific person! Imagine that! The hundreds upon hundreds, maybe even thousands of uses; it's practically endless!

I think the idea behind the OP was to promote awareness and perhaps some discussion about the music. Which, considering threads like Insanity Pit or more political discussions, is a nice change.

After being introduced to the music (by essel, the shameless whore that he is ;) ) I instantly went and bought both Seventeen More Times and A Terrible Flood as digital downloads and quite a few songs from them made it onto my MP3 player and therefore form part of my regular listening!

I'm just promoting awesome music that I found while not looking for music, and I'm interested to see if anyone else knows about it. Also, maybe a few fan boy brownie points were to be in order. It surprised me is all, All the dressings were aligned for me to enjoy it, and it cheered me right up.

What I would end up coming across is a good music wad that ends in SURPRISE DUBSTEP WUBWUBWUBWUB and would be later followed by a bad review, however this music on the other hand is brilliant and almost the complete opposite of the wad I just described, but I do wonder if anybody actually created one like that..?

Thanks Lippeth! This was a nice surprise to see this morning :) I'm not really sure what to say beyond that, but I will point you towards Back to Saturn X's soundtrack which has some more music of mine on a few of its maps, interspersed with a lot of great stuff by Jimmy and others.

Also, I posted in your map thread :P

Funny enough, I put two and two together this morning. BTSX is definitely my favorite wad at the moment, finished or not, great music, phenomenal textures and flats, and superb design. It had me at 3D bridge compatible with vanilla over the week of Christmas.

I particularly liked "Phobophobe" and "Clonk" from the second and fourth map of BTSX. Both of which are Essel-works.
I think those two and MAP09's music (by Jimmy) are the best tracks in the WAD so far.

Khorus said:

I think the idea behind the OP was to promote awareness and perhaps some discussion about the music. Which, considering threads like Insanity Pit or more political discussions, is a nice change.

Shhhh! You're ruining my secret plan to dissuade users from liking essel's music!

That, or I'm trying to make up for having no reason as to why I haven't bought Seventeen More Times yet.

I actually just finished a general midi song roughly inspired by BtSX, and wanted to share with you guys. I'm more of a music guy than a Doom mapper, so I haven't made any cool maps for this to go to, but it loops the way it should and I let it loop once here and let it fade out after I converted the midi to audio. I hope this is enjoyed by someone out there.