Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

So, how old are you ?

bytor said:

Wait, was I supposed to grow up?

probably wouldn't have these games today if it wasn't for us old gamers.

Not what I meant.

I've never seen, or really heard of middle aged people play games like Doom. The oldest person I know who still plays games (or a game) is my dad. He's 43 and plays Age of Conan on a daily basis (literally).

What I'm trying to say is, because I've never seen it, I'd expect most people who were into arcades and all to move on to different things or loose interest I guess.

But I will still play my favorite (what will be ancient) games when I'm elderly. ( if I live to be elderly)

Danarchy said:

Also, I'd like to point out that Richard Garriot, Will Wright, Sid Meier, Roberta Williams, Al Lowe, and Gabe Newell are all over 50 and some of them in their 60s, and they're some of the most influential game designers of all time.

I'd like to point out you said game designers and not gamers. I'm sure most if not all of them were (and maybe still are) gamers at some point, but now they're probably more focused on designing then playing games, and Gabe Newell learning to count to three.

Maybe there's something I'm not getting, but that's just my point of view.

19. I was born January 24, 1996. I bought the Depths of DOOM Trilogy at Goodwill for really cheap when I was 12 back in '08. That was it from there: Countless all nighters playing WADs and watching speedruns; sacrificing my social life (Eeeh, what friends? XD), and running my own Metal 'zine. Boy, time flies! I'm very happy to say not much has changed since then, hehe.

RegurgitatedCacoGibs said:

I was born January 24...

:O
I was born on the same day (just 4 years later)

I'm 16, I don't understand why people say being a teenager is frenzy fun, I've got nothing to do on my summer vacation. And I'm not a nerd.

Whatever, got my guitar.

nxGangrel said:

I'd like to point out you said game designers and not gamers. I'm sure most if not all of them were (and maybe still are) gamers at some point, but now they're probably more focused on designing then playing games, and Gabe Newell learning to count to three.

Maybe there's something I'm not getting, but that's just my point of view.

Maybe, but you'd think they'd be in the same sort of mentality as gamers.

I just turned 16 today.

As a gift from my parents, I got a guitar.
Finally!! Now, I can spend my days practicing.

Happy birthday bro, guitar looks sweet!

I'm 25, going on 26 in a month

Netherstorm said:

Haha yeah, I'm trying to grow out a mustache.

That's pretty cool! All of my peers who are your age couldn't grow one if it saved their life. xD

nxGangrel said:

That's pretty cool! All of my peers who are your age couldn't grow one if it saved their life. xD

Yeah it's the same here with people my age, most of them can't grow facial hair.

Netherstorm said:

Haha yeah, I'm trying to grow out a mustache.

I wish you luck with that friend. It never looks good when you're that young.

SavageCorona said:

I wish you luck with that friend. It never looks good when you're that young.

Eh, you never know how bad it looks until you actually see what it looks like on yourself.
It's the summer after all, I can grow it out without anyone really caring all that much haha.

As old as a veteran marine sent alone into space.

Edited by BFGDoomer

Maybe eris is getting so old he's turning dumb. I ain't that old and I already see it happening to me >.< In that sense dumb could be an age ;p

*Edit*
Didn't realize Eris was so young, lol. Well, I still think dumb is an age ;p

I was born in 1991. It was a great year. Metallica was considered mainstream in terms of "they played the heaviest music in the scene" and thrash metal was recognized as preeminently awesome. The USSR collapsed. Clinton was competent and not smug about it. Pokemon was just around the corner. I remember using dial-up internet service. I remember "leaving the internet open" for my mom because it took 5 whole minutes to really connect to the world wide web and open an internet browser with the latest news and shit on it.

32 but people still think I'm in my early 20's and people still think my wife is in high school. Looking good.