Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godsdoomer

GLnode non-sector based lighting

Hi all,

I am trying to use Glnode lighting in a map of mine. This lighting looks very akin to bloom lighting (circular with faded out edge). In trying to implement this feature, I have attempted to reverse engineer how it works by opening up other wads which have said lighting. The only thing that I noticed was a GLNODE file, which when viewed as text appeared as gibberish.

If you need me to post an image to better explain the type of lighting I am trying to make, let me know and ill add it.

Thanks alot

GL nodes have nothing to do with lighting. They're just nodes that are compatible with the needs of OpenGL renderers -- which is to say, they are stricter than Doom's nodes.

More likely, what was used were dynamic lights.

GZDoom doc
Doomsday doc

EDIT:

I see that the PointLight class is already defined and that I dont need to add it to decorate; yet I see no thing on the doombuilder menu called "PointLight".

If you aren't using a GZDoom config, it's not surprising. You can get the editor numbers from the wiki, though.

In DB2, loading gzdoom.pk3 as a resource file should also add them automatically if they are truly missing from the config.