Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Doom 3: Phobos

On 05.06.2017 at 5:17 PM, GoatLord said:

I'm definitely looking forward to less Betruger. I didn't like the clash of D3's serious tone with this cheesy cartoon villain that literally laughs at you from afar, complete with "scary" reverb effect. That's really stupid. It sounds like this is going to be a more balanced vision.

I'd like to see a scary-looking scientist (like Betruger) who isn't evil. First time I saw Betruger, especially after learning he's an important and respected member of UAC, I didn't expect him to be totally villainous, just controversial. But still, revealing ugly menacing characters as non-evil is just as overly done in stories as turning them into obvious villains.

Still, thinking of it, Betruger was a superior kind of "possessed human". But he was obvious and distant enough (you never really interact with him, so he doesn't affect you much). More insidious was Sarge, who looked honest-to-goodness until late in the game. Please have more characters like Sergeant Kelly who look like they do their job but actually are doing Doom's work.

Now that I think of it, Betruger would be right at home in the delightful cheesiness of Doom 2016. 

oops, didn't see there was another page and the question I was replying to was already answered.

Edited by Gez

I just played through RTC-3057 and my hype for this has gone up tenfold. Why don't you guys use your creative efforts to design a time machine, take it to the future and then bring Phobos back with you?

More insidious was Sarge, who looked honest-to-goodness until late in the game. Please have more characters like Sergeant Kelly who look like they do their job but actually are doing Doom's work.

Now that I think about it, I think the story would've been slightly better aesthetically if Kelly and Betruger were switched. We'd be under the impression that Betruger is the main villain, with his comical attitude and all that, but in truth, it was Kelly that was dealing under the table.

It looks really really good.

Are you still using that really cool AI that was mentioned a long time ago?

6 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

It looks really really good.

Are you still using that really cool AI that was mentioned a long time ago?

If you're referring to the AI changes I mentioned, yes.

10 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

If you're referring to the AI changes I mentioned, yes.

Are they script modification and animation speed up or they comprise more complexity?

Spoiler

btw, I'm sorry for taking dirty laundry up, but how could we report to Moddb moderator on that flashy gibberish poster?

57 minutes ago, Quadrops said:

Are they script modification and animation speed up or they comprise more complexity?

Hide contents

btw, I'm sorry for taking dirty laundry up, but how could we report to Moddb moderator on that flashy gibberish poster?

They are both those first two things, and other types of modifications. Every monster has had different modifications to make it just right. Not every monster has been sped up (though a great many have) and not every one has had AI modifications, or as significant of AI modifications as what I described for the Wraith.

No idea what you're referring to in regards to Moddb, I honestly haven't been there in ages. 

Sorry, didn't notice, that MRT screenshot was uploaded by geX. Could he/you (geX) help?

Edited by Quadrops

1 hour ago, Quadrops said:

Sorry, didn't notice, that MRT screenshot was uploaded by geX. Could he/you (geX) help?

I'm not sure what you are referring to about that Moddb issue?

I noticed MR screenshot first time not here, but on moddb, yet, that wasn't the only new thing there. I put all nasty off topic under spoiler tag.

Spoiler

That guy 'izzoon','iwastenotime', 'cyber_genuis', 'meandyouha', 'hawhyyou?' or whoever he is. How could we bring moderators attention on him?
I'm relatively new to moddb and don't exactly know 'how to', but, as I see, he already did behave himself this way before and was either notified or banned.

Edited by Quadrops

26 minutes ago, Quadrops said:

I noticed MR screenshot first time not here, but on moddb, yet, that wasn't the only new thing there. I put all nasty off topic under spoiler tag.

Hide contents

That guy 'izzoon','iwastenotime', 'cyber_genuis', 'meandyouha', 'hawhyyou?' or whoever he is. How could we bring moderators attention on him?
I'm relatively new to moddb and don't exactly know 'how to', but, as I see, he already did behave himself this way before and was either notified or banned.

Can't really see what the issue is. He's done nothing to us on Moddb. If you have an issue just contact the moddb guys through e-mail or something.

7 hours ago, Quadrops said:

Hide contents

That guy '*****','*****', '*****', '*****', '*****?' or whoever he is. How could we bring moderators attention on him?
I'm relatively new to ***** and don't exactly know 'how to', but, as I see, he already did behave himself this way before and was either notified or banned.

Please, I ask you not to bring that issue here, the last thing I want is to have that subject present in this community, just report him over there and that's it.

I don't even know how is that you see this specific topic somehow related to that matter, but by spelling all of his usernames you are potentially summoning him here.

Arl, I'm sorry.
geX, thine suggestion is currently being realized.

Edited by Quadrops

There will not, but I remember Doom 3 was suppossed to have a dead, nude female patient at one point :)

On ‎1‎.‎8‎.‎2017 at 11:57 AM, Shaviro said:

I remember Doom 3 was suppossed to have a dead, nude female patient at one point :)

I can understand why id cut that. I mean just imagine the amount of R34 that'd be out there if they hadn't.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:57 AM, Shaviro said:

There will not, but I remember Doom 3 was suppossed to have a dead, nude female patient at one point :)

So suddenly, that nude female zombie with the missing arm from the Doom movie makes so much more sense now (in the uncut version, I mean). :P

By the way, where was this mentioned?

Thanks for the pic 😁  Just wondering since this is called Phobos.. will it contain remade missions from knee deep in the dead? If so can't wait to see your reinvisioned e1m1 🤙

10 hours ago, ArchangelOfHell said:

Thanks for the pic 😁  Just wondering since this is called Phobos.. will it contain remade missions from knee deep in the dead? If so can't wait to see your reinvisioned e1m1 🤙

Thanks man! All maps are completely custom in layout and doesn't have any connections with Doom 1 or 2.

I'm sure and hope you will enjoy the game anyway :)

33 minutes ago, geX said:

All maps are completely custom in layout and doesn't have any connections with Doom 1 or 2.

Thank you for not filling your map pack with another classic map rendition, I'm excited for the original content.

So...this year?

Now that I think about it. I first discovered this mod in 2009, when I was still in high school. Now I am out of college and it's still not out!

I've even had dreams of this mod if you can believe it. I've had a lot of dreams about Doom in general.

Then you must know my answer by now ;)

I can't give you a release date or say it will happen this year. There's too many factors (they are declining at a steady rate though).

We'll let you all know, when we know it.

This looks really good and promising. I hope it get up really fast and also, never run out of support. My first Doom game was in fact, Doom 3. So, I did not start whit the daddys of FPS games (DoomI and II) but I did start with one hell of a game for the time. As you say, It has is flaws, but the game was overral, fantastic. Damn the game was REALLY scary when I play it, specially because of the Satanic Theme and all the weird sounds. But I still love it.

Good luck In this proyect, hope it becomes one true hell of a mod! 

spidermastermind_brainjiggle.gif