• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Doom 3: Phobos

I cannot run the game in fullscreen mode, I get this:

any ideas? Thanks

IMG_1207.JPG

Whoa... I don't know if this bothers anyone else, but the first time I called Samantha, her picture that appeared onscreen REALLY broke the immersion of the game for me. Everything is Doom models or photographs up to this point and then I'm hit with a comic book illustration. It created this real sense of discomfort for me. It would be much better if it was a photograph of a doom community member or a stock image of a woman made to be low res or photoshopped to look like the clothes resemble her comic appearance... it's just so out of place with the rest of the game.

2 hours ago, Yhe1 said:

I cannot run the game in fullscreen mode, I get this:

any ideas? Thanks

IMG_1207.JPG

Try and edit the DoomConfig.cfg file in the tfphobos folder and change seta r_mode to -1

7 minutes ago, geX said:

Try and edit the DoomConfig.cfg file in the tfphobos folder and change seta r_mode to -1

seta r_mode is at -1

it works correctly if I start it with no DoomConfig.cfg, but if I change resolution to 1920x1080, it becomes like that.

12 minutes ago, Yhe1 said:

seta r_mode is at -1

it works correctly if I start it with no DoomConfig.cfg, but if I change resolution to 1920x1080, it becomes like that.

DooM_RO

There's some bugs while chainging resolutions I think. Try editing DoomConfig.cfg with these values:

seta r_customHeight "1080"
seta r_customWidth "1920"
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_aspectRatio "1"

If that doesn't works, and you're maybe AMD/ATI user, then try the following.

1) Do a copy of your Doom3.exe, change the name of that copy to phobos.exe.
2) Edit the Phobos.bat to use phobos.exe intsead of Doom3.exe
3) While ingame menu disable bloom

Let me know if that helped or not.

EXTRA: Personal experiences as AMD/ATI user

DON'T RUN the game directly from steam, don't even try to set launch parameters from Steam that doesn't help.

Edited by Doommarine_maxi

3 minutes ago, Doommarine_maxi said:

DooM_RO

There's some bugs while chainging resolutions I think. Try editing DoomConfig.cfg with these values:

seta r_customHeight "720"
seta r_customWidth "1280"
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_aspectRatio "1"

That worked but now the start bar appears while ingame...

1 minute ago, DooM_RO said:

That worked but now the start bar appears while ingame...

Well, that's really quite strange. I can share my DoomConfig.cfg: DoomConfig.rar

Try using that one (replace it at tfphobos folder), and be sure to run the mod from the Phobos.bat

9 minutes ago, Doommarine_maxi said:

DooM_RO

seta r_customHeight "1080"
seta r_customWidth "1920"
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_aspectRatio "1"

Let me know if that helped or not.

It was the Bloom, disabling it make my game work correctly. Thanks!

How to I disable bloom in autoexec.cfg?

1 minute ago, DooM_RO said:

Nope, doesn't work.

Can you share your some screenshoot about your problem?, this is really strange.

Check your phobos.bat file

image.png.9c0b2e53b62b4d3fdbe3faf437c186fe.png

Also check that your base folder ONLY have these .pk4s

image.png.bc14b400d022d1e7cea2dfb814c4b36c.png

And last, check that your d3xp folder ONLY have these .pk4

image.png.04f5086a84e2f3703ddbf5570b3d8cf8.png

5 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Don't worry, I installed correctly. It looks like this.

image.png

oh sorry I think my doomconfig.cfg is at window mode. Search for a fullscreen line inside the .cfg and change it from 0 to 1, then try again.

Or more easy you can try hitting ALT + Enter

6 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Whoa... I don't know if this bothers anyone else, but the first time I called Samantha, her picture that appeared onscreen REALLY broke the immersion of the game for me. Everything is Doom models or photographs up to this point and then I'm hit with a comic book illustration. It created this real sense of discomfort for me. It would be much better if it was a photograph of a doom community member or a stock image of a woman made to be low res or photoshopped to look like the clothes resemble her comic appearance... it's just so out of place with the rest of the game.

Yeah that bugs me too, I also saw images of real people on walls, It would be more homogeneous if everyone looked like Doom 3 characters.

This is most fun so far. Got some intense moments right after the invasion broke in, as the whole bunch of monsters from the lobby all gathered to the room where you meet the first imp. :D ...but survived lol

I have just finished it. It was pretty great but there were things I didn't like and expect but still congratulations! It truly feels like a Doom 3 expansion which means that if you don't like Doom 3 and what it represents, this is unlikely to change your mind, I think. It takes what makes Doom 3 great, improves upon it, amps up the action a bit but don't expect it to be classic Doom. It doesn't turn Doom 3 into classic Doom with modern graphics, nor does it "show Doom 2016 how it's done". Think of it as an expansion pack that could have come after ROE.

I will write a more detailed review later, I still need to process the experience.

I just got a new computer, so I'm planning to play this soon and offer my two cents. Watching the video...I understand the complaints about the voice acting, although this is more a problem with the writing. This is why AAA games often hire a writer, which of course this team didn't have the luxury of doing. It's a bit too "people in their early 20s wrote this" but I appreciate that a lot of work was put into character dialogue.

I would like to add that there is some stuff in this that breaks Doom 3 lore. For example, the "federal commonwealth of earth" doesn't exist in the Doom 3 universe. The novelization of Doom 3 (which I regard as being just as cannon as the game because it was written by the same writer who wrote the Doom 3 story) states that the earth is in a desperate state of depleting natural resources and that warfare between nation states (which still exist) is very common. The marine is suppose to belong to the US marine corps. It would have been nice if the mod that take this into account instead of making up it's own lore.

Don't know if it's because of the difficulty level I selected but the Imps are crazy, jumping all over the place and shooting projectiles real fast lol, I also like the new fire rate of the Pistol.

1 hour ago, GoatLord said:

Why does it have to be canon?

It just seems nice to have things not conflict with official cannon?

Anyway, I just finished this. You have my interest in the story largely thanks to this mystery box thingy that appears to play some important and yet as to be explained purpose. But you better not be asspulling the story like so many "mystery" plots do. I will be very let down if this turns out to be one of those "nothing gets explained but it's ok because it's suppose to be a mystery" style stories.

Gameplay wise it was really just Doom 3 but with a faster pace and a better shotgun. Not that this is bad per say, but I was hoping this would have at least a few new features to make this stand out a bit more compared to Doom 3. Still a solid first episode.

Obviously I can't rate the mod as a whole because the other episodes aren't out yet, but I would say this is a reasonable introduction to the game/mod. I hope the other episodes will be even better.

Been playing for a bit on UV. Has only finished the first map after the invasion started. But I really wish that I could skip the scenes of the player talking to a Samantha because I don't find it very interesting, especially not if I have to watch it over again after a death or as in the case of the first room of the game where you got a crashing bug if you hit the switch on the other side of the door.

Also had problems with the video settings at first due to bloom fucking up ATI cards. So I had to sit through that intro in the garden 3 times before I were on my way after the game crashing once too. Pretty sure the skies are bugged as well for ATI users. Because they don't look right.

Also in the garden, if you walk away from the fence you will stop being able to hear her speak, but the player's character will still reply as if he could.

There were another issue that I think may be GPU related, in the doctor's office where you get the scan done to you. There's this weird wall with a "reflective" surface on it. But I am pretty sure it's supposed to be a window that you can see the doctor through. Not sure about that though.

And like I already pointed out when you had the trailer a few months ago. The profile picture of Samantha's communication thingy sticks out like a sore thumb. I dunno why you're using them, it would have been better to not have any visual at all for immersion sake. If you wanted to make sure characters didn't get confused by using voice alone. You should've found someone who could closer resemble the art of Doom3, or have someone photoshop model shots off of characters from Doom3. Something that looks less like fanart on deviantart.

Anyway. Mars city was pretty impressive and it was nice to see more of it. Though it did remind me of the intro to Half Life.

Was pretty surprised to see my old animations still in it. Especially since it looks so far like you guys virtually started over since I left the team (especially in regards to how the story is the polar opposite of what it used to be). Aside from additional assets made like models and textures.

Anyway, I'll play more tomorrow and I'm just about to get to a shotgun, so it should pick up a bit now. 

20 hours ago, hardcore_gamer said:

It just seems nice to have things not conflict with official cannon?

The books are official canon? to me canon is what is exposed in the game.

Edited by Arl

Was path of the UAC employee, that used PC with order of cat poster, intentionally set up to make him unexpectedly appear behind player while he reads that order?