1 hour ago, hardcore_gamer said:

What exactly is Doom RTC?

RTC-3057 hub1 is an exploration-focused ZDoom wad from 2004, led by Shaviro, and featuring a soundtrack by Julian Hope who's also composing for Doom 3: Phobos.

On 05.06.2017 at 5:17 PM, GoatLord said:

I'm definitely looking forward to less Betruger. I didn't like the clash of D3's serious tone with this cheesy cartoon villain that literally laughs at you from afar, complete with "scary" reverb effect. That's really stupid. It sounds like this is going to be a more balanced vision.

I'd like to see a scary-looking scientist (like Betruger) who isn't evil. First time I saw Betruger, especially after learning he's an important and respected member of UAC, I didn't expect him to be totally villainous, just controversial. But still, revealing ugly menacing characters as non-evil is just as overly done in stories as turning them into obvious villains.

Still, thinking of it, Betruger was a superior kind of "possessed human". But he was obvious and distant enough (you never really interact with him, so he doesn't affect you much). More insidious was Sarge, who looked honest-to-goodness until late in the game. Please have more characters like Sergeant Kelly who look like they do their job but actually are doing Doom's work.

Now that I think of it, Betruger would be right at home in the delightful cheesiness of Doom 2016. 

oops, didn't see there was another page and the question I was replying to was already answered.

Edited by Gez

Posted (edited)

I just played through RTC-3057 and my hype for this has gone up tenfold. Why don't you guys use your creative efforts to design a time machine, take it to the future and then bring Phobos back with you?

2 people like this