Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

School Shooting 2013

Almost.

Price Middle School Shooting: Multiple Injuries In Attack At Southeast Atlanta School
Police responded to a shooting at Price Middle School in Atlanta early Thursday afternoon, WSBTV reports.

Authorities say that multiple people, including a 14-year-old boy, were wounded, according to Fox News.

Police said the teen was shot in the back of the neck and immediately transported to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment, 11Alive reports. The boy was reportedly awake and responsive while being transported to the hospital, and the injuries are non-life threatening.

The second victim -- a teacher -- received medical attention for minor cuts and bruises. The teacher may have been trampled during the chaotic scene, WXIA reports.

One person is in custody, according to CBS Atlanta. Atlanta Police spokesperson Carlos Campos told WXIA that the suspect was tentatively identified as a student. The shooting reportedly occurred outside the building.

The school was placed on lockdown, along with an elementary school and high school in the area. Parents were initially asked not to come to the school to avoid additional confusion, but students are expected to be released at the normal dismissal time of 3:45 p.m.

Still, generate the fear.

Netherstorm said:

And the wheel of school shootings' keeps turning...

If Journey changed their lyrics to this, I'd suddenly be a big fan of theirs.

Real talk, though, shit like this has become inevitable and it's really embarrassing to be part of a culture that takes these shootings and politicizes them to such a degree that I'm almost becoming immune to their impact. When Columbine happened, I was in middle school and felt pretty shocked at what happened. If Sandy Hook happened at a high school, I wouldn't have found myself nearly as disturbed by it, sadly. Shit sucks.

I'm so burnt out over the gun control argument and seeing the media jumping on these cases like vultures with their inconsistent sensationalist stories. So I guess all I can say is that I'm happy that atleast no one was killed in this one.