Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

3 new Star Wars films not enough? Well, have some more!

Where do you stand on this matter?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand on this matter?

• Yes! I love Star Warz, I want more films!!!!!111
    • Completely unnecessary, talk about milking it for all it's worth.
    • Meh, I don't care either way.

hardcore_gamer said:

I hope Jar Jar Binks will get his own feature film.

One can always hope...

They already made one. It was called Song of the South.

Enjay said:

Well, I'm happy that they are not using stuff from the EU because, IMO, the EU is almost universally shit fanboy wank-fest material. Kyle Katarn? Meh, I can take him or leave him. I like the games but he's not a particularly stand-out character IMO.

The problem with the expanded universe, other than the idiotic one-ups (suncrusher) or hey-that-was-cool-let's-do-it-agains (cloned emperor, cloned thrawns, wtf?), is that nothing ever really is on the line and the main characters see WAY too much action (see X-Files). Few stories have even mild levels of suspense and practically nothing bad happens to the god-awful new republic.

Even the widely praised Grand Admiral Thrawn has only virtual victories. He never really wins anything substantial or changes the course of the excrutiatingly boring new republic. I think the most interesting segment of the sw books I've read was the whole imperial research facility thing hidden in a black hole (minus the stupid sun crusher), but even then Admiral Daala loses a Star Destroyer virtually every page or so - thus quickly killing all suspense.

You always know from going in that nothing in this book will have much if any impact on the universe or the characters that matter. It's a bad case of the simpsons where nothing can ever really change, slowly killing the universe.

Edit: Oh and the main characters (Luke, Han, Leia etc.) are always so incredibly lucky. Half of the time their victories are due to dumb luck.

hardcore_gamer said:

I hope Jar Jar Binks will get his own feature film.
One can always hope...

You might as well wish for him to record his own country music album... Oh wait, that's probably already in the works.
The last time that I checked he was wailing "Ride the Donkeeeeey!" over and over again in some track already. Such amazing talent. :/

Nah. We'll have JarJar singing " mesa gungan style".

But seriously, a new star wars film would be cool if it covered the yuuzhan vhong war.

Also, did you know Jacen Solo gets killed by his own sister after becoming a with lord?

Cool spoiler you got there. Granted, I never read their stories or knew them, but that's like me saying *censored* dies when a *censored* *censored*s into a *censored*.

It turns out that Rosebud was the father of Dumbledore's killer.

And then Sled Snapewalker was a zombie.

Well that didn't take too long for Star Wars to be thrown into the milking machine.

Radon said:

Well that didn't take too long for Star Wars to be thrown into the milking machine.

Star Wars has already been in the milking machine for decades...

deepthought said:

Also, did you know Jacen Solo gets killed by his own sister after becoming a with lord?

Nope, I never got that deep. I just knew that they both made efforts to save other kids from turning to the Dark Side when the spirit of Exxar Kun or whoever was floating around.

deepthought said:

But seriously, a new star wars film would be cool if it covered the yuuzhan vhong war.

The yuuzhan vong are the single best reason that the entire EU should be purged from human memory and the weak minded fools who came up with them should be forced to endure a new definition of pain and suffering they are slowly digested over a thousand years inside the belly of The Sarlacc. The whole concept is total and utter "cool bad guy" comic book geek fantasy shit. I mean, really, fuck them. What a load of wank they are. Ooooh, we need somthing to fight the Jedi so lets make them "outside the force" and lets have cool self mutilation and a warrior honour code like every other gothic-inspired unimaginative bad guy. Predictable pish. Nothing about them sits well with anything else in the whole genre and, no, coming from outside the galaxy is not an excuse. It's as shit an idea as the rest of the concept of them. All IMO of course.

Yeah, ask me about the yuuzhan vong. :P

deepthought said:

Yup, just more self referential, incestuous EU bollocks.

Seriously, a kid in the first year of high school could write better plots than 93.7% of the EU garbage.

hardcore_gamer said:

Star Wars has already been in the milking machine for decades...

Okay true

But now it's maximum overmilk.