Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xfing

List of DTWiD secrets?

Has something like this been compiled already? Or are there even plans to do so? I'd really like to get a hold of such a list, but sadly don't have the time to write one myself :(

Yeah, you've got a point there. I remember the Official Doom FAQ for example, it was great. But the wiki can do it all and so much more.

I saw it started getting entries for well known megawads and the three commercial wads, which is great, so I'd say DTWiD will be done..eventually.

Oh, and there are two doom wikis. doomwiki.org and doom.wikia.org. I frequent the latter more. Kinda weird that Doom needs two Wikis at all.

doomwiki.org is the real Doom wiki. Afte issues with wikia got out of hand, thre was a massive undertaking to transfer it all to the new site. The old one cant be disabled, unfortunately. Please use the new one.

Xfing said:

Oh, and there are two doom wikis. doomwiki.org and doom.wikia.org. I frequent the latter more. Kinda weird that Doom needs two Wikis at all.

The Wikia one is now maintained mostly by Justice Infinity (who I suspect of being an alias for Doomguy2000) and RobertATfm. Also it is slowly turning into the Brutal Doom Wiki as from what I've seen of the recent changes over there, people seem mostly concerned with adding Brutal Doom notes in the articles for every monster and weapon.

The DoomWiki.org one is where all the wiki staff moved and the one which is currently maintained to the high standards of old. It also doesn't have embedded advertising or an obnoxious layout.

Well, personally I think that if people insist on adding Brutal Doom stuff to articles, they should also implement Doom Expanded stuff. Either both or none.

Why stop there? There's also ReDoom, and Doom Enhanced, and Beautiful Doom, and also Aeons of Death and Shuffle and Nazis! and Terrorists and Mutiny and Cold Hard Cash and and and and and and and...

Simply put, the Wikia site is turning into shit, bloating articles with irrelevant cruft. Thing about the gameplay changes for monsters and weapons in Brutal Doom should be left in the Brutal Doom article and shouldn't seep out elsewhere. But since there's a bunch of Brutal Doom fanboys who operate on the Wikia site and it isn't maintained by serious editors anymore, it is turning into shit. For this reason, you should stop using it.

It'd help if Google didn't keep insisting on showing me the Wikia article for any given Doom-related topic I search for, while hiding the doomwiki.org variant much further down the page.