Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Nextgen Computer Station - E1 style map

I was tremendeously bored so I opened Doom Builder just to kill time and after a few hours got this map. It's for doom.wad and requires a Boom compatible source port (so -complevel 9 in prboom-plus). Enjoy!

You mean you hear something like SSSHHSSSSHHH instead of the new sound? Well, that kind of ruins the point of the map. I wonder what's wrong with it though, it's in Doom format and it sounds fine on my system.

ofc it's a joke and it's friggin hilarious IMO. I laugh everytime I play this map, it's just so absurd. In fact, I wanted to make a longer parody wad but I couldn't top that fake exit thing so I decided to finish the map quickly.

Obsidian: the map seems to work fine in ZDoom with doom2.wad (warp to e1m1 in console), although if you've never played Doom 1 you might not get the point.

Heh, good one. Don't have doom1 either.
Tried using "warp" in console to e1m1, but discovered typing "warp 128 256" etc warps you to that coordinate. But typing "map e1m1" worked.

I never figured out how to do that. :/ I'd type in "ChangeMap E1M1" and it'd go to MAP01. Bleargh.

EDIT: Map E1M1 worked. =D Thanks GGG!

Works fine with ZDoom, anyway. :)

My only complaint is that I couldn't trigger the massive speaker more than once.

9/10 for that.