Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

Direct connect?

Has anyone esle used a network cable to play either JDoom or ZDoom?
We seem to be having some problems doing just that. the game will work fine for a level or so, the crap right out for some reason. But if we use Doom95 *shudder*, The game errors and gives this message "Consistency failiure (-12239 should be 1201)"... any ideas? When ZDoom crashed, we got a message saying "Errconreset" and when JDoom crashed, First, the game just froze. and died. I could still turn and shoot, but everything was frozen, kinda like the matrix. she couldn't do a damned thing and hadda restert her comp. Do I need to go out and get a serial modem cable or anything? or is there something I can do that does not invlolve me buying anything esle?
Or do I need that other cable to serve gaming purposes? Cause the net cable coes everything esle just fine.

You posted this already,on the 17th of last month, did you bother to read the 25replies?

I can't get the thing to do multiplayer games at all. I have the ZDlaundcher, but that seems to make the game crash with an errconreset message. Or it just kicks us back to windows for no apparent reason. How can we make this work??
I'm using Windows XP, and she has Windows ME. They work fine together. when using other games. But I cant use a Dos based launcher cause of Windows XP. Jdoom also gives some hassles. Basically unles your the host, you have almost no control, so that doesn;'t get used.
the version ov Zdoom we have is 123.33beta

anyone have a solution

Yes I did, and only 1 solution was offerd by King elvis and it did not work. Other than that, the only thing everyone seemed to be interested in is a windows debate or the fact that my girlfriend plays Doom. I was hoping to get some helpful info this time.. esp since I put in more info, and more error things. Perhaps to be more specific. But hey.. a man can hope can he not?

Every con failure I experienced is where the doom version were of diff sizes, check both your wads are exact size

Lost Soul, I am surprised, seeing the copy of your original post above, that the first thing said was not "zdoom 1.23 beta33 has a multiplayer bug, it won't work". You'd just go back to beta32 or 29A and it should be fine.