Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aubrey Hodges

Quake 2 N64 Official Soundtrack Release!

Its so amazingly different from the Sonic Mayhem soundtrack, even more of a change than PC Doom to PSX Doom. Wonder if I'll ever get to play the game with that soundtrack to see how it really works?

Ragnor said:

Its so amazingly different from the Sonic Mayhem soundtrack, even more of a change than PC Doom to PSX Doom. Wonder if I'll ever get to play the game with that soundtrack to see how it really works?

It's a good thing certain ports exist for Quake 2 which have folder music support so people who have bought the music can add it, however considering Quake 2 64 was done differently from vanilla Quake 2 it would be even better if someone were to make a TC for Quake 2 based on Quake 2 64 so the music would work out better.

Ragnor said:

Its so amazingly different from the Sonic Mayhem soundtrack, even more of a change than PC Doom to PSX Doom.

While I love Aubrey's work on this, as always, it's one of those instances where I prefer the original soundtrack - as a soundtrack. Something about Sonic Mayhem's work is much more fitting for Quake 2.

Yes, I know, N64 Quake 2 is a slightly different game than PC Quake 2. But still.

DoomUK said:

Something about Sonic Mayhem's work is much more fitting for Quake 2.

I feel they did good with Quake 3 Arena's music as well as Quake 2, but with Quake 2's music they were at their best.

Avoozl said:

I feel they did good with Quake 3 Arena's music as well as Quake 2, but with Quake 2's music they were at their best.

Q3 had music?! WTF!

This brings back so many great memories.

memory 1 >> I bought it new at a game store as an extra gift for my friend's little brother's birthday. He opened it up the plastic wrap then the box only to discover it had a Blockbuster sticker on the game.

memory 2 >> playing the game from start to finish in 1 sitting.

memory 3 >> the 3 on 1s that my friend's brother and his friends would try to do to me on DM. It was really the only way it was fair. It was hilarious how I'd still destroy the 3 of them. I think I had 4 years age difference on them, but I had more FPS experience than they did.

It is an awesome soundtrack.

DoomUK said:

Yes, I know, N64 Quake 2 is a slightly different game than PC Quake 2. But still.

Slightly? It's practically a different game that shares a few common map geometries.

This is why I love Quake 2 64 -- it's like a new mission pack.

Mr. T said:

Q3 had music?! WTF!

Yes it did, but for some reason the default volume was set so low that it was never heard.

Technician said:

Slightly? It's practically a different game that shares a few common map geometries.

This is why I love Quake 2 64 -- it's like a new mission pack.

I've noticed some of the maps in Q264 are modified versions of vanilla Quake 2's maps and some of its expansion maps.

I did not know Quake 2 64 was that different. This TC that was suggested should happen!

Was Quake 64 also different? How about the Playstation Quake 2?