Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Too bad this wasnt finished...

Check this out, the levels and items.. http://www.planetquake.com/doom3d/

Ive seen this a long time ago, but I went to the page today, they have not done anything in two years, it would have been sweet if they finished it.

Which Doom Source-Port has the best lighting? I dont like Legacy or ZDoom.. and I cant get JDoom to run correctly.. damnit. How is Edge? I liked playing all the Doom level conversions for QuakeII becuase I loved QII lighting effects on the old Doom textures.

*drools
It looks sweet and the story is ok too. If only they had finished this ages ago :-(

Damn, those levels look sexy. Too bad they never finished it, yes, though they'd probably be canned by id anyway for copyright issues. Or maybe the whole thing would be so good id would have tolerated it - kinda like what they did with the Generations mod.

Is it just me, or does anyone have the desire to recreate the Doom levels for Quake 3 now? I'm sure that if it were only the shareware episodes, id wouldn't have any objection the such a project. For example, have one direct recreation for each level along with several updated versions done be different people (to show how different people see the same levels).

Just a thought...

Well I've been fooling around with GtkRadiant after realizing Worldcraft is even crappier than I remembered. Or maybe it's the HL engine. Anyway, I'm all for trying a conversion/enhancement of one of Doom maps.

But then again, I'm lazy.

Heh, I dunno if it would work, but people from here could track down the people who worked on this, and ask them if we could take over... be pretty cool, but then again, doom editing and Quake 2 editing are IMO vastly different..but who knows...it might work..

altho, that's only an idea

Damm this project looked really sweeet...too bad it ain't being worked on anymore...well it may be and they are just lazy and not posting news about it but that is least likely.

This would be a good project to see finished.

OHHH MAN!! I remember this site,from way way way back,even before I knew of DOOMWORLD. I wanted so bad for these guys to finish these versions of DOOM. Especially the Quake version,because of "MALICE"
the Totalconversion of Quake came out. I figured the Quake version of DOOM would've came out like in the same flava of MALICE.

Yeah, I've read that, very interesting..but it doesn't answer the question......what happened to it? or is there a Doom3D: Arena page on the net somewhere? Or Did it go underground like the last guy suggested?

I'm cumming just over the level screenies......

Imagine that setting for a DOOM movie....

Wait a minute...I just thought of something...aren't there rumors saying that all "DOOM 3" will be is just a modern, more detailed remake of the original?

Weedster said:

Wait a minute...I just thought of something...aren't there rumors saying that all "DOOM 3" will be is just a modern, more detailed remake of the original?

Hard to say. We don't know anything 100% at all.

I saw this a few years/year back, this brings back memories. If it wasn't shut down by iD I'd love for someone to pick up where they left off, such a shame to see something like this go to waste.

orion said:

I saw this a few years/year back, this brings back memories. If it wasn't shut down by iD I'd love for someone to pick up where they left off, such a shame to see something like this go to waste.

You read my mind, word for word.

This project wasn't shut down. If I remember correctly one of the main guys behind the project drowned a few years back.

Mordeth said:

This project wasn't shut down. If I remember correctly one of the main guys behind the project drowned a few years back.

Tough luck.

Mordeth said:

If anything the people working on it should owe it to themselves to finish the project and dedicate it to him.