Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Cadaver.wad - DONE!

[Link coming sometime soon :P]

The proper name for this is Cadaveric Incubator of Endoparasites, but I thought it'd put people off if they saw that in the title. =D Cadaver is a one map vanilla Doom 2 wad that sees me indulging in my flesh texture fetish: expect lots 'o guts, in other words. So far it works in Chocolate Doom and ZDoom, so I'm definitely doing something right. Expect a little DeHackEd foolery as well. :P I'll post some pics as it comes together, so feedback is appreciated.

Starting room.

Old pic from the pictures thread: basically a flesh church of sorts.

Unfinished blue key room.

In case you were wondering, I got the name from one of my favourite songs. :)

Testers.

-MaggotJoe
-MagnificentBeard
-Fernito
-Memfis
-Durian
-Satyr000

maggotjoe said:

looks good ill be waiting for a link!

Thanks! I'll get a few beta testers when I've finished most of it: I can put your name down if you like.

walter confalonieri said:

nice looking map!

Thank you. =D

Looks great! Hey, hey, hey!

The sectors that "sink" a little into the floor, don't need to be a mighty 8 unit deep. I think 2 or 4 units would be much better, and same goes for the wall decoration sectors, IMO

DONE! Well, sort of - I need some beta testers to have a look at it before I give it the IdGames treatment. I'm not very good at maintaining hype threads, I'll admit. =D Any takers?

Obsidian said:

DONE! Well, sort of - I need some beta testers to have a look at it before I give it the IdGames treatment. I'm not very good at maintaining hype threads, I'll admit. =D Any takers?

I could do some testing during this weekend. Send me a link via PM ;)

I can test but I'm not very fond of your cramped style so don't expect too much praise (but maybe you will surprise me?).

I'll happily beta test - I have a long train journey to take on Friday, and I'll be effed if I'm going to work!

Memfis said:

I can test but I'm not very fond of your cramped style so don't expect too much praise (but maybe you will surprise me?).

hahahaha. "i'll test for you but i'm gonna FUCKING HATE EVERY MINUTE OF IT"

I do seem to lean towards that "cramped" sort of mapping, don't I? Heh. I dunno why. Anyway, sending PMs. I don't suppose I could put you down for testing Tango? 8-)

Thanks for all the feedback guys! The wad is now on it's merry way to the IdGames database. :)