Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Laimiz

Emergency Lan!

please guys

we have got lan here and i want to play zdoom with my through lan. well, he's a little lam'o. anyways, i told him to that "START --> RUN... --> "C:\zdoom\zdoom.exe -join 213.190.50.30".

but he said it didn't load up or smth.

do i do something bad?

hurry up and help me guys!

Originally posted by Laimiz
please guys

we have got lan here and i want to play zdoom with my through lan. well, he's a little lam'o. anyways, i told him to that "START --> RUN... --> "C:\zdoom\zdoom.exe -join 213.190.50.30".

but he said it didn't load up or smth.

do i do something bad?

hurry up and help me guys!

You Engrish are broke and up.

i already knew this!

i've played like this once but with a dutch doomer who is very far from me, so it was a crap gameplay.

but now we have got LAN here! I mean our IPs are the same!

Your IP addresses on the LAN cannot be exactly the same, unless you are doing some internet connection sharing which I don't know much about. To play within your lan only, not out onto the internet, you can simply use the computer's "name" on the LAN. For example, I have three computers on a LAN, named "Biff", "Eric" and "Emily". I host with "Biff", meaning that I start zdoom on that computer with the -host 2 or -host 3 argument. The other computers start with -join Biff and immediately connect. To see and assign the computer names, you look into the network properties. TCP/IP protocol has to be installed.

thank you i will try it!

but e.g. on IRC, me and my friend from my lan are clones!

when sharing internet connection of a lan you have two different ips. You have the ip that computers outside the lan use, and you have a local ip... starting with 127 usually. connect to the local ip and everything should be fine.