Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raptomex

Any Good Blood Mods [NB: not Blood the game]

Before anyone suggests it I already have Brutal Doom autoloading in Zandronum. I'm looking for just a blood mod that I can use with GZDoom. I'm using GZDoom for vanilla gameplay and testing different visual mods and stuff. I currently have Perk's sound and the improving Perk's animations mod loading to it. I'm just looking for a good blood mod. You know for that better sense of impact.

You say blood and I imagine ZBlood. I personally suggest against Brutal Doom, but eh, let's not bring that up here (sorry).

Nash Gore Mod is pretty popular (albeit overused).

I prefer to use simple blood mods myself over mods such as Brutal Doom and I've been using nash's gore mod for a while now, however I would like it better if it had decal blood droplets over it's sprite blood droplets.

Avoozl said:

I prefer to use simple blood mods myself over mods such as Brutal Doom and I've been using nash's gore mod for a while now, however I would like it better if it had decal blood droplets over it's sprite blood droplets.

Yeah I think that's more of what I'm looking for.

I incorporated a lot of different blood/gore systems in my own modifications (link) - problem is, they cannot be easily decoupled.
For a more Vanilla-like experience, you might want to try the following ones:
Revenge
DOOM NG
X-Marines

Beautiful Doom, maybe; mostly keeps the core gameplay intact, but with a lot more gore and smoother animations.

Although, I've had my autosaves get corrupted before while using the WAD, which was frustrating.

I hate to be a negative nancy, but NashGore's blood seriously fails in comparison to Brutal's. Mark just needs to make a proper BrutalLite already, his mod can't be used with TC's of any sort.

I'll try out some of the mods listed here and see if anything else comes close. Excess gore is always great.

EDIT: Couldn't really find anything in the suggestions, some cool weapon mods. Is there a version of NashGore that also has blood splats on the wall, rather than being left clean and shiny? Maybe something aong the lines of what Doom Legacy's blood splats are. That would certainly be the best "excess blood" mod, if there is.

Beautiful Doom is pretty cool. However, is it meant to be played with mouselook on? I'm curious because it forces you to change the autoaim.

nashgore is a standard mod for me with zdoom. the extra gore is nice without reaching absurd quantities like brutal doom.
if you wanna have a brutal light mod, you should mod it yourself since mark probably won't do it.

Raptomex said:

Beautiful Doom is pretty cool. However, is it meant to be played with mouselook on? I'm curious because it forces you to change the autoaim.

it's because Beautiful Doom has a lot of shootable props in it, which autoaim will search onto when in vicinity. it'd be a bad idea to have autoaim on and be near one of those when say, firing a rocket launcher. though i agree that the message it sends is obtrusive as fuck.

Is that the one that asks you to change sv_smartaim to 3? Because, yeah, you want to change it back to 0 when you're done or else you won't be able to shoot barrels in regular Doom afterwards.

schwerpunk said:

Is that the one that asks you to change sv_smartaim to 3? Because, yeah, you want to change it back to 0 when you're done or else you won't be able to shoot barrels in regular Doom afterwards.

Yeah, that's my point. That's what I've been doing. I'm trying to keep mouselook off because I'm using GZDoom for visual mods but nothing that really alters the gameplay.

Sp00kyFox said:

the extra gore is nice without reaching absurd quantities like brutal doom.

Just for the record, Nashgore has much more absurd quantities of blood than Brutal Doom.

Doomkid92 said:

Mark just needs to make a proper BrutalLite already, his mod can't be used with TC's of any sort.

Many people already requested it, but I am not sure about making a Brutal Gore mod that doesn't has any of the amputations, exploding heads, and other stuff making it compatible with any TC. It might look Style-clashing.

Sp00kyFox said:

you should mod it yourself since mark probably won't do it.

well, I know next to nothing about scripting and such, I'm pure level/graphics design, though I should definitely look into it. However I'd be reluctant to mod some else's mod.. At least, not without permission.

Any mods out there tha add extra wall splats? That combined with Nashgore might do. The lack of blood on the walls is a serious blow, makes the red feel more like confetti than blood.

I played a little bit with it and I approve. Has the best part of Brutal Doom without being over the top (Which I don't mind since I love things that are over the top) or bloated with too many extra features. (Which... was a bit more of a turn off for me) Also I love the hints in the topic for Chex Quest support, and the fact I can now play a Brutal version of Samsara. Though I'll note when using that mod with it that enemies zorched by Chexter die normal deaths instead of being zorched if it's loaded first, while the blood splatters green for a moment if Ketchuhp is loaded first. (But that'd be more of a Samsara compatibility issue than anything else.)

Also, on-topic, you could try Burl Tumd.