Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Iran sentences 4 to death in biggest bank fraud case

As far as I'm concerned; good fucking riddance. I really don't think the death penalty is "too extreme" in this case for all the pain, death, and suffering bankers cause around the world. If more countries in the world followed suit with corrupt bankers we'd be living in a much better place.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/02/18/289652/iran-sentences-4-to-death-in-scam-case/

I'm against death penalty on a general principle. But I have little sympathy for rich and corrupt bankers who embezzle money they don't need.

DeathevokatioN said:

I really don't think the death penalty is "too extreme" in this case for all the pain, death, and suffering bankers cause around the world.

Uhh, isn't that hypocritical? If you don't like the fact that some people died, don't support killing even more. :p

Death may not be too extreme for them, but empowering a government to decide it can just kill people is a bad plan. If it's a dictatorship it will kill people for anything that pisses it off, and if it's a democracy then why else might the voters like you to die? Gay sex? Reading the wrong websites? And all that is without even getting into the fact that you can't reverse an execution applied to an innocent man. States that try to avoid that end up spending more money than they would on prison and still screw up.

Anyway, I don't have a high opinion of bankers either. I wish they were as bad at avoiding being hit by trucks as they are at contributing to society.

I'm fine with the death penalty. They can still conduct business from prison. Why should they pay to keep them alive?

Meh, I just don't see how killing someone is worth the moral degradation.

Regardless, I wish something would be done about the corruption here in the U.S. Seems like most govt. is on their payroll and just turns a blind eye =[

Memfis said:

Uhh, isn't that hypocritical? If you don't like the fact that some people died, don't support killing even more. :p

Disney Land talking points aside, you end a few lives and save many many more, I don't think you understand just how much blood some of these bankers (not limited to Iran) have on their hands and just how serious the situation around the world is getting because of them, especially the third world. My "tribe" of people are under an orchestrated genocide and under threat of complete annihilation, thousands upon thousands have already been butchered raped and killed, and if I chose to stay here in South Africa I have a high chance of getting killed before I reach 50, and part of the reason is because a handful of banking elites are manipulating the economy while at the same time funding a tyrannical government to use divide and conquer tactics and operate behind the curtains, hiring mercenaries to kill farmers so that the state can control the food, this is done in a coordinated way to destabilize the country. So I don't feel anything for these predatory psychopaths, does it make me hypocritical? Maybe.... but extreme conditions require extreme responses, and you can't deter criminals that have crossed the line this far with an angry limp slap on the wrist. And really, claiming to be "against" bloodshed while at the same time being apathetic and not adopting a position of zero tolerance to the few that are creating an epidemic of bloodshed and misery that is affecting millions is only allowing more bloodshed to happen. So Yeah, I'm a hypocrite.

These bankers had it all wrong though, they're supposed to buy out the government first before they start pillaging and raping the economy.

eargosedown said:

Meh, I just don't see how killing someone is worth the moral degradation.

Regardless, I wish something would be done about the corruption here in the U.S. Seems like most govt. is on their payroll and just turns a blind eye =[

If, instead of handing out taxpayer funded bailouts, the US policed its financial sector with the same heavy-handed zeal as Iran, we mightn't have had a global financial crisis.