Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Eris Falling

Eris' level times (UV-max-ish)

Recently, I've been getting into advanced* Doom playing - which is ironic because I suck.
I've been trying the E1 levels on UV, getting all kills and secrets on each level, and was wondering how slow my times are.

My best time so far for each level is listed below:

E1M1 -> 0:54 0:45 0:44
E1M2 -> 2:54 2:51
E1M3 -> 4:13
E1M4 -> 3:12
E1M5 -> 4:10
E1M6 -> 5:28
E1M7 -> 4:53
E1M8 -> 2:12
E1M9 -> TBA (having a bit of trouble with this one)
I imagine the majority of them are fairly substandard, but I am interested in what others think.
If they are on the slow side, what would you regard as a decent time?
Thanks in advance.

*No freelook, no crosshair, pistol start.

They're not bad times, yes, there are people who can speed run insanely, Gusta, Anders, 1ntru and tatsurd I am looking at you. I've been playing on UV difficulty for a very long time started out on PSX doom on HMP then UV and I am still not the greatest player in the world. If you would like some help with demo recording don't hesitate to PM me but I've recently got into demo recording so still learning some things, I usually watch demos on youtube (in the past) to help (I've been watching some demos recently for inspiration, namely Alien Vendetta's Map 01 stroller for inspiration on in fighting etc). I'd say record some demos and watch demos and post them on the speed demos section.

They are slower than Daiyu Xiaoxiang's runs made by him 2 years ago, but E1M6 and E1M8 are only marginally slower. I give this example as he's made enormous progress and he is a fearsome contender now.

something about this post makes me feel I should do ultimate doom maxes just for fun.
For the record just loaded up the command prompt and completed e1m1 in 0:54, it was a hideous run though :P
Yeah daiyu xiaoxiang has improved a lot. Better than me anyway
Oh and welcome to the speed demos thread.

Thanks everyone, DSDA site was very useful for setting benchmark times.
Among these, I figured that 0:45 was a decent time for E1M1, and that I have just about achieved, though I seem to average around 0:49

I'll have to stop for now, since my already poor aim is suffering :P

Attached ZDoom demo, sorry if the naming style is wrong

e1m1-046.zip