Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoWaves

Good MIDI arranger?

Hi, I've written few songs I was looking to put in a wad of mine, and I can't find an MIDI arranger to put them on. I've at LEAST done the obvious google searches and such and I found one that only does piano sounds and won't even save a .MID file. Any pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

Sibelius, Finale, are both great

GuitarPro is an ok choice if you're background happens to be guitar

Any DAW worth it's salt will let you export midi, Logic, etc..

A quick youtube search for each of those names reveals they ALL use horizontal left/right piano roll editors which seem awkward after using modplug so long. I think I'll try to program my own "tracker" type midi editor some day, where time goes downward as a column or rows, rather than right a row of columns and you don't have to know any music notation (just d-5 or d#5 etc like modplug tracker) and monophonic melodies fit on a single column.

gggmork said:

A quick youtube search for each of those names reveals they ALL use horizontal left/right piano roll editors which seem awkward after using modplug so long. I think I'll try to program my own "tracker" type midi editor some day, where time goes downward as a column or rows, rather than right a row of columns and you don't have to know any music notation (just d-5 or d#5 etc like modplug tracker) and monophonic melodies fit on a single column.

There was a MIDI editing program I tried a while ago called MIDI Tracker, which was pretty much like this, except it kinda sucked :P Still prefer just writing in modplug tracker and converting to MIDI, personally.

I've been using TuxGuitar and it works pretty fine, but I'm sure there are more robust ones out there.