Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
læmænt

Mouselook and jumping in SP

Do you use mouselook and/or jumping in single-player games?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use mouselook and/or jumping in single-player games?

• Mouselook
    • Jumping
    • Both
    • Neither

Neither unless it's a newer map designed to have it.

Mouselook, always. Jumping, only if the map is a newer one that requires it.

Both unless it's one of those maps with the stupid 64 pixels high barricade that's supposed to go down after you retrieve 3 keycards and kill a thousand enemies. I still remember that Wolf3d level where a wooden barrel blocked your way from leaving.

/me shudders.. of course not. unless the map requires jumping to finish. Mouselook - never

Well, I only use mouselook and jumping when I play a ZDoom required mod which requires these options in order to complete it.

Originally posted by Erik
/me shudders.. of course not. unless the map requires jumping to finish. Mouselook - never

It's time for Cren's fill-in-the-blank:

_i__-_uc____-_

Well, since I don't use a mouse, it's freelook for me. I have it set so that page down looks up, delete looks down, and end centers the view. I always use freelook either instead of or as a complement to autoaim, usually the latter.

As for jumping, I try to only use it when I'm playing a WAD that is designed to use jumping. I never use it in anything else as a means of level progress or getting secrets, I only use it if it will save me the time I'd waste backtracking through the entire level that I've already wiped out.

I use both all the time, any PC Doom game, in any source port that allows it. And with any WAD.

Archvile64 said:

Well, since I don't use a mouse, it's freelook for me. I have it set so that page down looks up, delete looks down, and end centers the view. I always use freelook either instead of or as a complement to autoaim, usually the latter.

The proper way to look, yes.

I like look up/down, for whatever reason I feel restricted when I can't.