Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

John "Reaper" Grimm Appreciation Thread

I honestly regard the Doom movie as absolutely mind-blowing (for what it is and how it could've been (much worse)).

Karl Urban looks tough but calm but competent, completely in character with Doomguy. The Rock is an all-round cool guy and as Sarge he was perfect - I can't believe we even witnessed Deathmatch in the Doom movie!

gemini09 said:

I can't believe we even witnessed Deathmatch in the Doom movie!

Or reel 6 of Universal Soldier :P

TBH I found the Doom movie an enjoyable romp. Nothing special, but definitely among the better video game movies out there (Silent Hill 1 is still top IMO).

fraggle said:

[img]

Forgive my ignorance, but who is that?

Also, I just see Dr. McCoy, which probably isn't a good thing.

Eris Falling said:

Forgive my ignorance, but who is that?

Also, I just see Dr. McCoy, which probably isn't a good thing.

Karl Urban as "Eomer" in Lord of the Rings. The connection of being the same actor is the only reason this image appears in the top left image rotation. I doubt maybe 10 people in the world have ever seen that and actually made the connection without any external input.

And then it was John "Cupid" Lovejoy.

What you got left?
I've got one arrow.

Quasar said:

I doubt maybe 10 people in the world have ever seen that and actually made the connection without any external input.

I wonder who the other nine people like me are. ;)

I'm one of them. Anyway, Doom the movie is a retched piece of shit and should never have been made. But Karl Urban sure is good in Dredd.

Quasar said:

Karl Urban as "Eomer" in Lord of the Rings. The connection of being the same actor is the only reason this image appears in the top left image rotation. I doubt maybe 10 people in the world have ever seen that and actually made the connection without any external input.

I always wondered who that Lord of The Rings looking guy (hay, I was correct! It really is Éomer!) was but never got around to asking. Figured is was some weird zombie from the Doom movie, which I've never seen. Perhaps an imp (somehow).

Quasar said:

I doubt maybe 10 people in the world have ever seen that and actually made the connection without any external input.

You know you're a neckbeard when connections like this never needed to be explained to you, and you got the "joke" the first time you saw it.

Also, I'm in full agreement over Karl Urban's badassery. He also seems like a nice chap.

DoomUK said:

He also seems like a nice chap.

I heard him interviewed on the radio when Dredd came out. He came across really well: the kind of guy you'd happily spend an evening with just chewing the fat.

Quote "The [Dredd] movie is definitely for people who like their meat raw.[laughs]"

If there were to be another Doom movie made, in the actual spirit of the game itself, I'd love to bring him back for another run as the Doomguy.

BaronOfStuff said:

He's clearly Freedoomguy.

Oh wow, indeed. Was Freedoomguy drawn deliberately to look like Karl Urban?

I wish they called him Flynn Taggart instead, just to establish once and for all that there's only one Doomguy: Flynn Taggart (disregard Doom 3 RoE here).

The Doomguy is not Flynn Taggart. The Doomguy is whoever is playing Doom at the time. :P

When you play Half Life, you play as Gordon Freeman. When you play Doom, you play yourself.

BaronOfStuff said:

He's clearly Freedoomguy.

I've always made that association too. What's up with that?

The original judge dredd was so much better I don't know where to start (obligatory imo), but it is okay for modern standards, I hated Doom movie... he isn't a bad actor though, and Doom didn't suck because of his role, if anything he played out his role as best as he could, Doom sucked because it was made past 2000 combined with being based on a game..

DeathevokatioN said:

The original judge dredd was so much better

I really hope you mean the comic book and not that awful Sylvester Stallone movie.

DeathevokatioN said:

The original judge dredd was so much better I don't know where to start (obligatory imo), but it is okay for modern standards, I hated Doom movie... he isn't a bad actor though, and Doom didn't suck because of his role, if anything he played out his role as best as he could, Doom sucked because it was made past 2000 combined with being based on a game..

I don't want to be a dick, but I'm having trouble understanding any of this.