Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lippeth

Flats bleeding through linedefs, sky issues, etc.

I'm making a Wolfenstein based map that works fine with GZDoom, but in ZDoom I run into this

and this

I know there are also texture alignment issues, but let's overlook that for now ;)
In the first shot, you can see that the brown slime oversteps it's boundary with the linedef next to it.
In the second shot you can see that the missing textures don't soak up the sky like they do in GZDoom.

Also, the MP40 I made doesn't leave bullet holes like the rest of the weapons. I've been trying to figure it out on my own, but now I have to bother this good community with my problems as a last resort. You can download it here if you feel up to troubleshooting the problems of a stranger. A million thanks to all!

Update: All issues are now resolved.

Those would be HOMs.
You could add a sector behind this scene with floor and ceiling of 0 and flats F_SKY1.

However, to eliminate all HOMs, you will have to realign the sectors a bit on the top right.

As to the MP40 issue, if it is the one from REALM667, it should splat decals onto the walls as is.
Maybe you don't see them because your walls are rather dark.

Thank you, I do feel a bit silly now, with such simple fixes for both the sky and the bulletchip decal. I made the MP40 almost from sratch, editing sprites from the COD wikia. It was my first attempt to make a gun. I'm still stumped on the slime issue though. Thanks a million for your time!

Simply by virtue of being OpenGL, GZDoom can end up hiding mapping errors that are glaringly obvious in the software renderer. You have no idea how many slime trails I've seen in various old Skulltag mods back in the day because people only ever tested their maps using GL.

As for the slime trail, which nodebuilder are you using?

If you plan to use ZDoom exclusively, or at least support it over other ports, then you might want to try ZDBSP. Disregard if you already messed with different nodebuilders and the slime trails remain.

I think I know what it is. At some point I decided the walkway was too narrow so I widened it. To make the shadow match, I dragged a vertice over and I bet it crossed a linedef, causing a glitch. Thanks for taking time to help me troubleshoot, I would've never figured it out if you guys hadn't helped!

Update: That's totally what it was, this whole thread is now resolved!