Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obake

A small favor

I don't know what the rules are regarding asking these sort of questions, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to submit some of the maps I have made to the idgames archive.

I would do it myself, but I can't get FTP clients to work.

Once I become more familiar with the site, I would send a personal message to someone asking them this. But since I'm still relatively new, I'm not sure who to ask.

The files are here, with the proper text files and everything:

http://wadhost.fathax.com/download.php?view.219

http://wadhost.fathax.com/download.php?view.224

I'm sorry for pushing these wads into your faces, by the way. I'm just so grateful to finally be getting my levels out there! They've literally sat alone on my computer for over a year and a half (maybe even a full year), without anybody but family to play test them. But finally, they are here, hopefully to be accepted into the idgames archives and be enjoyed by people all around the world.

I also hope to receive full reviews on the newstuff/chronicles page. Even though I'm still very much a noob, I would love to see what the site's main reviewers think of my work. I don't mind that I'd receive some criticism. My hope would be that I'd have areas to improve on, while still having made some decent levels.

Thank you for your time, and may you all have an excellent day,

Have you read the FAQ? I know this might be a silly question, but I managed to figure things out pretty quickly using it.

obake said:

the site's main reviewers

lol
Anyone can review anything for T/nC. You shouldn't take these reviews more seriously than regular posts on this forum.

obake said:

They've literally sat alone on my computer for over a year and a half (maybe even a full year), without anybody but family to play test them.

Why not wait a week or two for feedback and bug reports from the slightly more discerning crowd here a Doomworld before uploading? In the meantime, we can get your FTP problem sorted - it's usually something simple.

I have checked the FAQ. I've done everything the instructions told me to, but I still couldn't get the darn FTP client to work.

In response to GreyGhost, it probably would be a good idea to get bug reports back. I myself know of one bug in my megawad, which I failed to find until after I uploaded it to Wadhost.

In case any of you were wondering, it's not a prominent bug, but it stinks nonetheless: in level 16 of the wad, you can end up stuck in a room with no way out but cheats. Luckily, this won't be a common thing, as the player has to go out of his/her way to achieve this. But it's still worth mentioning.

Perhaps help understanding how to use FTP clients is the best way solve my problems, by the way. Thank all of you for your responses.