Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Very unusual use of former human death sound in movie

That's actually the Imp death sound. Both sounds the Imps use when killed are from a camel.

PRIMEVAL said:

That's actually the Imp death sound. Both sounds the Imps use when killed are from a camel.

The first is definitely an imp, but I'm pretty sure that second one is a zombie.

Eris Falling said:

The first is definitely an imp, but I'm pretty sure that second one is a zombie.

Second and third, actually. I didn't watch the whole thing, heh.

it shouldn't bee surprising because the sounds used for Doom were taken from a library of sounds that anyone can purchase and use for commercials etc. I've been hearing "Doom" sounds in commercials and movies most of my life and so have you.

It's so weird. I just learned the very same thing this year, that the sounds used in Doom are heard in a lot of places. It's actually a fairly enjoyable thing to notice, sort of like the Wilhelm scream, but even more obscure.

obake said:

It's actually a fairly enjoyable thing to notice

I dunno, for me it's just distracting. Instead of thinking about the characters/plot/etc, suddenly I remember some game. I don't want to be aware of technical stuff like this, it ruins the immersion a bit.

Yeah, the original zombie/imp grunts were taken from a sound effect library. The original sounds themselves are from a camel.

Memfis said:

I dunno, for me it's just distracting. Instead of thinking about the characters/plot/etc, suddenly I remember some game. I don't want to be aware of technical stuff like this, it ruins the immersion a bit.

I agree here. It's always annoyed me when I'm watching a cartoon and all of the sudden DSDROPN DSDRCLS

DoomUK said:

What the hell is this from?

I think it´s from Housos, an Australian television series.

edit: oops too late

I've heard the spawner cube shooting sound in many movies before. Usually the ones made in the 90's.

Krispy said:

I've heard the spawner cube shooting sound in many movies before. Usually the ones made in the 90's.

And it always sounds out of place. Doom is probably the only thing I've heard make good use of that sound.

I've heard the normal door open/close sounds around on TV a number of times as well.

Dragonsbrethren said:

And it always sounds out of place. Doom is probably the only thing I've heard make good use of that sound.

What about Diablo 2 Town Portal? Also out of place?