Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOUTEC

The Dreaded Vaults on Azeraaron

That was a beautiful map! I didnt mind the symmetry because it was such a cool looking map, really cool architecture. It was a bit too difficult for me though.

SOUTEC said:

what port?

He means what port is it compatible with. Generally it's a list of these

1. Vanilla compatible (Runs with original EXEs)
  2. Limit removing (Breaks vanilla limits, such as MAXVISPLANES)
  3. Boom compatible (Uses features introduced in Boom, such as translucent walls and friction)
  4. ZDoom compatible (Uses ZDoom features, like slopes and 3D floors)
  5. GZDoom compatible (Uses GZDoom features, like sloped 3D floors and dynamic lights)

I have no idea what you're talking about - I'm old-school see, it's a DOOM2 level - if your 'port' plays Doom2 levels, then it'll work.

Olympus said:

That was a beautiful map! I didnt mind the symmetry because it was such a cool looking map, really cool architecture. It was a bit too difficult for me though.

To be fair - it doesn't get any easier on easy mode, so I might ask Azer to fix that, cause it's too hard for me too.

Try my one 'The Crypt' it's not so hectic.

SOUTEC said:

I have no idea what you're talking about - I'm old-school see, it's a DOOM2 level - if your 'port' plays Doom2 levels, then it'll work.

You're really gonna want to do something about this. Generally, Doom ports can play Doom II levels, that's the whole point.

Judging by darkreaver's map shot, I would guess that this is limit-removing at least, which means that back in 1994, when Doom II was released, this map would simply crash at some point or other.

I haven't played Doom since Doom2 came out.
It's like Doom only better, you should give it a go ;)

What did you use to play this? zdoom? prboom? This wad obviously wasn't played on doom2.exe because the filename is more than 8 characters.

Looks like he is using Doomsday?
Anyway, I played this map yesterday and while it was nice, I gotta agree with the complaints about symmetry. I don't mind it in terms of design (makes sense for a castle to be symmetrical) but symmetrical monster placement is another story. It makes the gameplay more tedious and predictable.

I'm confuse, are these your levels or are you a liaison for the author? also why not just directly link to the wad download instead of to some wordpress site? but that's a petty complaint, so whatever.

Anyways, pretty good looking level, though I agree that the extreme symmetry (esp. regarding thing placement) gets stale pretty quickly.

Ribbiks said:

I'm confuse, are these your levels or are you a liaison for the author? also why not just directly link to the wad download instead of to some wordpress site? but that's a petty complaint, so whatever.

Anyways, pretty good looking level, though I agree that the extreme symmetry (esp. regarding thing placement) gets stale pretty quickly.

Azeraaron is known as Aware on these forums (I do believe) along with Soutec who are known as the Wad Factory (famous for a Fistful of Doom). I believe they work together still.

Ribbiks said:

We both make levels. I made Subway, Crypt, Church and Skull, Azer makes most of the others including the big single player levels.
Azer made Fistful level 1, I made level 2. I did the new graphics - Fistful took bloomin' ages - that was a massive undertaking. Together we are updating his blog site Azeraaron because we have literally hundreds of levels between us - we thought others might enjoy too. We had a group of players that used to meet up every week back in the day and we'd have new Deathmatch levels ready each week.

Springy said:

Azeraaron is known as Aware on these forums (I do believe) along with Soutec who are known as the Wad Factory (famous for a Fistful of Doom). I believe they work together still.

Correct. Azer is first name Aaron - hence Aware, and my second name is Soutar hence Soutec - I'm more commonly known as eBob now, since my first name is Bob (google eBob and little figures ;)