Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

First GMO babies born.

Joshy's point is easy to see if you don't get hung up on the specifics: the more we alter everything to fit any given idea of what is best, the less diversity there is.

I'l try and get that documentary. Granted that a plant without any attraction for bees would mean that bees can't benefit from it. But that's not a massive problem currently. Because it doesn't actively pose a threat to the bees, it just makes them not a part of the equation in those instances.

The core issue of the bees for humans is that they are important for pollination of plants we grow and use and rely on for our daily life. But the problem we've been facing is that the bees has been dying off or stopped acting like they are supposed to. And that has been linked to a range of pesticides that are being used in europe and US. There was recently a vote done on outlawing these. I recall Greenpeace made a call to arms to petition for this. Though I am unaware of if they actually were successful.

Joshy said:

Go natural dudes!

Just because something is natural, doesn't mean it's harm or risk-free, nor that it's beneficial. I can go on and on, listing a large number of natural things in life that are far more hazardous than things like GMO. I'd rather rely on assessing the risks and benefits than simply going naturally.

buttspit said:

Just because something is natural, doesn't mean it's harm or risk-free, nor that it's beneficial. I can go on and on, listing a large number of natural things in life that are far more hazardous than things like GMO. I'd rather rely on assessing the risks and benefits than simply going naturally.

Cool, except that comment was sarcastic. :P

Phml said:

the more we alter everything to fit any given idea of what is best, the less diversity there is.

On the contrary, I think there will be as much different varieties of genetically modified organisms as there are WAD files in the /idgames archives.
It's all about diversity and customization galore! Let it be so! :)

188DarkRevived said:

On the contrary, I think there will be as much different varieties of genetically modified organisms as there are WAD files in the /idgames archives.
It's all about diversity and customization galore! Let it be so! :)

I can see the future now: "baby has no 3d floors -0/5 stars"

Better to stick with original ID maps than crappy custom wads. Still, gotta deal with a few bad eggs like Map21 and all that. Such is life.