Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Plutonia MIDI Pack project (/idgames link available)

I'm not certain that Pandaemon should be included in any way. I think it's very obviously rough and unfinished, outclassed by all of my other compositions. As for my other tracks, I hope to have time to work on them all next week. Nihility's Edge will be reworked and I'll take another look at Sepulchral's drums. I think Contemplate is finished, unless there are problems I've missed.

Jimmy91 said:

"Horror"'s a really great track and I think it'd be a cracking fit for MAP30, if that's what you intended it for.

I didn't intend anything; that track is four years old. Use it for whatever you want.

"Plugged In" is also great (and catchy!), though I'm not sure that it entirely fits the gloomy atmosphere of MAP14. Maybe it would be better as MAP10's track?

I may change it all around. Though I think Genesis is a pretty action-packed map, I don't like where the song itself is going.

EDIT: Here's the updated version of "Plugged In".
http://speedy.sh/P6bHv/plut14.mid
Length: 2m05s
Size: 8.5 KB

I'm sure we'll find a home for "Plucked and Hammered" because it's sounding very nice so far, and perhaps just needs someone to finish it off, particularly flesh out that middle section.

That was made in 1997, so it needs a lot of work...

Hellish Godzilla: Okay, I can not include Pandaemon if that's what you'd rather have. :) I have no problems with how Contemplate is right now, aside from just a few notes (literally 2 or 3) that stick out to me. If it's alright, I'll just make these edits myself. Cheers for the other updates. :)

Bucket: Wow, I really love what you've done with it. I do still like the original, so would you mind if that stayed included as an "overflow" track?

"Horror" is a serious contender for MAP30, so don't worry, it's still of a very good quality. :) "Plucked" is also definitely useable if someone is able to finish it.

ClumsyDoomer: Those edits are really quick, so no problem. Is the track otherwise finished? :)

Lippeth: Perfect. Thanks a bunch! :D

I suppose you can keep it, but I don't see a place for it.
Rename it "Plug Ugly" then.

Bucket said:

I suppose you can keep it, but I don't see a place for it.
Rename it "Plug Ugly" then.

Plugging Uglies.

Cry of Desperation V1 or V2 if your name is Jimmy.

This is a 80/160BPM melancholy song that only uses 2 chords: CM and Em. A kind of PMP alternative to Legion of the Lost, as Jimmy put it. I guess it might be ok as a reserve track.

Changelog for Jimmy:

1. Cut 4 bars off the start, just to get things moving a bit quicker.
  2. Removed the harp-only section, replaced with with more bells and Pad 2 chords. This helps with the build up
  3. Added half-time drums to the ending, plus an acoustic guitar playing the melody an octave lower and some clashing harmonies on the harp as it descends in the section, which sounds kinda cool IMO.
  4. Didn't manage to get those power-chord strings, they felt all out of place. I've got the acoustic guitar playing 16th note power-chords instead. If you still think it needs those strings or equivalent, would the delay on Goblins be a major problem? Can't say I like any of the others in that bit.

You still haven't used "Plum", "Plumage", "Plump", "Plunder", "Plunk", "Pluperfect", "Plural", or "Plush".

Bad pluns! Plusitania, Plucifer, Pludicrous, Plunar Landing...
Foreign plunguages! Pluderhosen, Plumpvertraulich (German), Pluguşor, Plutitor (Romanian), Plugo (Spanish)...

The plussibilities are plunlimited!

OK, it looks like we've got 2 abandoned songs, 4 empty slots, 6 songs still being worked on... what's it going to take to finish this up?

I can get to work on map 10 immediately. Should take a day or so. I also want to see this project completed. There should be a deadline for all unfinished work. If they're not presented after a certain time, then the slot becomes open for anyone to take over. There's no real need for a rush, but there's no point in this taking forever, either.

EDIT: Well, it looks like map 10 is filled in the alpha version, although it sounds kind of empty in parts. I can write a song for it anyway, and try to make it versatile enough to fit somewhere else if needed.

Sorry, I'm in a trip at the moment (writing here through my uncle's laptop and unable to finish my MIDIs at the moment). Will be back in 2-3 days. I think, map28 track is completed, but I think, that harp should be changed to another FX. Anyway, Jimmy, that midi is your at the moment. :)

Bucket: I think what it's going to take is me not being such a lazy bum and actually keeping proper track of my own glosh dambed project. :P

Eris Falling: Very nice song overall. :D Still kind of feel as though the intro's too long and the drums not dramatic enough. Only my opinion, though. I don't think anything else needs to be changed. :)

Lippeth: The order of the tracks in the alpha is not the final order - that's all on the first post. Please feel free to make something for MAP10. :)

ClumsyDoomer: Alright, I'll make the edits as soon as poss, get the MIDI uploaded and mark that one off as done, then. :)

Jimmy91 said:

Eris Falling: Very nice song overall. :D Still kind of feel as though the intro's too long and the drums not dramatic enough. Only my opinion, though. I don't think anything else needs to be changed. :)

Thanks. I was gonna add some crashes to the main section, but I don't think I can take much more out of the intro. Maybe I'll try adding goblins to the main bit too.

hum. it seems like this project has progressed quite a bit since i first entered here. i'm not sure if there's anything else i can and will do to this project. anyone might inform me what's the current status on this?

The OP is pretty up to date. There are about 4 levels unassigned yet. There's another abandoned song, and I dug up "Plucked And Hammered" if you want to finish it. That said, I think if Jimmy found spots for all the unassigned songs and if he were open to repeats, we'd be all done.

Here's something I just started for map 10. I'm not sure how well it will fit, and I just wanted to post my progress instead of waiting until it's finished to say anything so everyone's up to date on who's still working on what and how far along they are. This track went through many changes in just a few hours, still not completely satisfied, but I'm going to add another minute on there with at least one more part change, add reverb, adjust volume and such.

Always Watching

Retrospect: This might fit better for map30.

Guess I'm overdue for a progress report. The news is a mixed bag, unfortunately, since I've been feeling burnt out for the past little while:

- I have no clue what I'm doing with the drums for "Sepulchral." I came to this conclusion after a lot of trial and error and substitutions which didn't stick. I think I'd better let someone else take a look, especially at the heavy parts: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xep63wttcl3sws0

- I'm ditching "Nihility's Edge." Feel free to send it to the overflow or abandoned pile, whichever you prefer.

+ I'm not leaving the Map29 slot unfilled, as I have a new track ready to go. Maybe it sounds more like Eternal Doom than Final Doom, but at least I was feeling inspired. If it needs some more work, I can try to pull it together:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h2rp6qs9gc934vm
The Scarlet Citadel - 1:25 - 15 kb

+ I also have a few fragments, if anyone's willing to finish them off and maybe mark them as collaborations:
Stomper - Dark ambience, like a combo of 'Sinister' and 'DOOM'
The Flood of Mortal Ills (fortress.mid) - Starts as a dark version of a Lutheran church hymn, before building to something more intense
Evil Light - Just a Doomified version of Slayer's "Black Magic"

WHAT UP FOOLS
Is this finished? Do we have enough tracks overall to put this away?

I just updated three of my tracks.

Seasons of Insanity (2:50)
Run 'Em, Gun 'Em, Kill 'Em (3:50)
Stealth Mode (2:17)

I've just sent some quick messages to PRIMEVAL and stewboy as I'd just like to know the status of their contributions before I get to the finalizing phase.

Thanks to everyone who's still contributing. I think I do need to go over the ordering of the tracks again, as there's a few that could probably stand to be swapped. I'll come to a firm decision about which ones, then put it public vote.

There's my quick-as-hell update. We're getting very close to completion, though. :D

Hey guys, sorry about a loack of updates on my part. I have to go back to my old Dell to finish my music, because GP5 is being a pain in the ass on my Samsung. Hopefully I can get it done soon.