Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

COD owns j00 4ll

CoD is pretty fun except for MW2. Don't understand why I can't enjoy both games.

I rather play a game that is just as old as myself creating art instead of swinging my balls against a sniperrifle doing 360 long wrong "trick" shots when infact its a autoaim for Xbox360. with phonie thumbsticks up my ass with no fucking control. listening to raging faggots and people swearing in languages no one understands probably whining about blinking grenades that dont exist and have a blast radious larger than cyberdemons stacked together and do not forget about the obcene gayness of levling in a fps game that only benefits what freaking weapon you can buy and what little perk cloth patch you can wear making you go TRASFORMERS (and I do know what I am talking about I own blackops myself cus some friend couldnt stop talking about it so I tried it for a week atleast) *cathes breath* Fuck you fuckiong fuck marketing no body loves you exept pure assholes so enjoy the little you ACTUALLY have.

gosh I hate large game companies.
About 20 y old games, I rather get laid with a 20 year old girl than with a 5 year old kid.

Mr. Freeze said:

CoD is pretty fun except for MW2. Don't understand why I can't enjoy both games.

MW2 was pretty broke multiplayer wise. MW3 wasn't so bad. I tried playing CODBlops 2 through the free weekend and, while it was fun, I can't stand the dated graphics engine anymore (Still a step up from Blops 1, I'll give Treyarch that). Adding shiny new light filters just doesn't cut it anymore. The game series desperately needs something new. Try, gore in multiplayer?

Interesting that Halo 4 didn't even crack the top 10, and perhaps an indication of where COD will end up in a few years time.

I enjoy a multi-player military manshoot, I'll admit it. I got a lot of enjoyment out of MW et al.

Re the dated graphics: I'm thrilled they haven't updated them and dropped down to 30 frames on console as a result (these popcorn shooters just play better on console, imho). I'm from the Voodoo school on thought on graphics: I'll take speed over visual flair, any day of the week.

Null said:

Interesting that Halo 4 didn't even crack the top 10, and perhaps an indication of where COD will end up in a few years time.

Halo 4 was kind of a disappointment, honestly. Campaign was okay, but there was nothing super-impressive about it, just felt like more of the same. Multiplayer shipped with too few maps, and while I personally like it, I think the loadout/ordinance system turned off a lot of fans. I think the biggest disappointment for me was introducing a new set of enemies with new weapons, but having them only be minor variations on what already existed in terms of functionality.

COD's fun, not really my game though, never bothered buying one. I can't really believe how well the games sell as often as they bring them out.

schwerpunk said:

Re the dated graphics: I'm thrilled they haven't updated them and dropped down to 30 frames on console as a result (these popcorn shooters just play better on console, imho). I'm from the Voodoo school on thought on graphics: I'll take speed over visual flair, any day of the week.

Smart man. This is another thing Halo 4 gets wrong in multiplayer. Shatter, one of the DLC maps, is almost unplayable because the framerate drops so low. It is unplayable in split screen, which is almost the entire point of Halo to me.

Null said:

It's not that interesting; the list isn't for games only, not to mention that Halo 4 is an exclusive title while the #1 CoD is on four different platforms. Also, these are UK's numbers.

Technician said:

Pirating is killing the industry!

Piracy might not be killing the money making industry, but it is definitely hurting the game industry; at the very least one side of it.

Multiplayer game with online accounts and all that jazz, got to pony up to play.
Singleplayer game, enjoy that 80-90% piracy rate.

So, MP games make more money; hence more and more MP games are made, or MP features are shoehorned into SP games; as a result, there's proportionally less quality SP games.

It's like this retarded argument claiming pirates end up consuming more than the average person. Even if you take that statement at face value, it could just as well mean our good pirate consumer shells out a hundred bucks or two (box price, special editions, DLCs, etc.) for games like Starcraft 2, Call of Duty, Borderlands 2 and so on, while pirating the heck out of anything that is purely single-player.

Even that guy who claims to be ethical about his pirating and buy any game he likes after he played them will still end up paying less - simply because, comparatively, he'll have to pay for *everything*, regardless if he likes it or not, in the multiplayer always-online realm. The money flow isn't distributed evenly, so there's less competition than there would be without piracy, and less competition means less innovation.

To say piracy cannot possibly be hurtful based on the game industry being alive and thriving makes about as much sense as claiming climate change is a lie on account of Earth not being flooded. If you take two steps forward and one step backwards, you end up one step forward. Doesn't make the step backwards you took anywhere useful if the goal is to move forward.

Technician said:

I lost it

Technician said:

Lol'd so hard at this.

Jodwin said:

It's not that interesting; the list isn't for games only, not to mention that Halo 4 is an exclusive title while the #1 CoD is on four different platforms. Also, these are UK's numbers.

Halo was breaking all sorts of sales records a while back, it was almost as dominant as COD is now - despite being single platform. Recently though its really been losing steam. IMO the decline is due to an increasing lack of enthusiasm for the franchise from Bungie (culminating in their departure) and the last few games playing things really conservatively.

From what I understand Black Ops 2 actually tries to change the formula a bit and succeeds so that bodes well I guess. I still don't know how much longer a market for military shooters is going to last though, considering how saturated things are right now. Also, they could always kill their momentum by releasing one or two underwhelming sequels, which seems likely considering their factory-like process for churning them out.

BlackFish said:

Try, gore in multiplayer?

WaW did that...

CoD4 was fun, WaW was great, BLOPS was ok, MW3 was dumb...

CoD1 was okay, and Finest Hour was awesome yet broken with a lack of checkpoints that makes the later part of the game nearly impossible.

CoD is garbage, particularly anything past the original MW1 when it was new and fresh to the scene.

The Arma games are pretty good. They seem underrated to me. They are more about skill like the Rainbow Six games. The controls seem complicated at first, but you get used to them. I think the reviewers just suck at these genre of games. I bought Arma II Complete Collection and Arma III Alpha on Steam and they have been fun so far. You also get to play DayZ Mod and DayZ Standalone on the Arma engines.

Diablo784 said:

Cod4 and WaW FTW.

WaW was amazing, I enjoyed both single player and multiplayer. Just multiplayer for Cod4 though.

CoD was pretty good up until WaW. After that, they knew people loved the formula, so they left it. But now, even with BO 2's class system, it's still the same thing. If you got a CoD player play Doom, they would not only comment on the graphics, but die miserably every few seconds.

Tango said:

anyone play doom? it's a pretty good fps from what i hear

This post sent me on a curious train of thought: I wondered what Doom deathmatch would look like with CoD-style killstreaks.

I pictured someone calling in a wave of Pinkies similar to CoD's attack dogs and had my self a little early morning chuckle into my coffee cup.

COD 4: MW was my favourite one (edit: out of the one's I played which is 4 and onwards, except BO 2), I didn't care for the others much as they felt a bit unbalanced and just recycled content from the last game with just a few extras in.

Avoozl said:

The only CoD game I even remotely enjoyed was Finest Hour.

I never played Finest Hour or the previous ones, unfortunately.

Avoozl said:

The only CoD game I even remotely enjoyed was Finest Hour.

Finest Hour had some nice opening levels and the British campaign was sort fun (Though short). The game was near broken though with an awful lack of save points.

Well you enjoy CoD, I will stick to games that actually function properly without sprouting surprise bullshit storms, good singe player and where the only in game chat is not only the word "fag".

Clonehunter said:

Finest Hour had some nice opening levels and the British campaign was sort fun (Though short). The game was near broken though with an awful lack of save points.

The last 3 levels of that game were the best IMO, though the E1M8 tank level with the planes was fun too. I should totally play Finest Hour again if I get the chance.
The British campaign had a nice Jeep level, but then that was followed by that absolute bitch of a level with the fortress.

That was subsequently followed by the American assault on Aachen, defending the artillery tank. Playing on hard, it is one of the hardest levels I have played in a game.