Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pencil of Doom

Freedoom mp3 and ogg music

I was wondering if freedoom and ultimate doom's music will be released on mp3 and on ogg?
I mean i would like to have the games music in these formats.

Anyone can grab the music and convert them. There are actually many songs not in the wad that are on the repo. Different ports, sound cards and soundfonts can sound differently and there are many different ways to record as well.

There is probably a midi to .wav/mp3 ripper program somewhere. Can also backloop an audio card to record how the music sounds as it goes to speakers.

I had this laying around to "demonstrate" how different ports can sound different. This song is only altered by however the port is processing the music.
http://users.coffeenet.org/%7Ecato/public_html/freedoom/sounds/map01_legacy-remix.mp3

Hey! I was looking for Freedoom music too! I don't know how to convert or play the .mus files (I'm using JACK Audio Connection Kit - whatever I hear I can record).

Has anyone any clues or links? :)

Download repo for very quick access to all the music.
git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/freedoom.git

Google up midi to mp3, there are tons of midi converters. Or install timidity.

I prefer ripping them to how they sound coming out of sound card, rather than a direct conversion. So I will dump all music from the music directory in repo into a single directory, then record my audio card output to Audacity. I kinda like this idea and will make my own in .flacs...eventually

Fluidsynth can sound awesome. So ripping audiocard playing through fluidsynth will be nice.

This is pretty easy, everyone has a different way to rip them and different ways will create different sounds.

Post up your rips!

As an alternative (or addition) to XMPlay, there's Foobar2000, which also needs its MIDI component. Which is even more powerful than XMPlay's, since it offers three different MIDI synths (an OPLL emulator, BASSMIDI, and MUNT); and it also handle MIDI variants that XMPlay did not, last time I checked.

Ah,that's what i want,the doom legacy's freedoom music style but in a real-life recorded music.
Btw,thanks for that map01 music file Catoptromancy.

J.B.R said:

Ah,that's what i want,the doom legacy's freedoom music style but in a real-life recorded music.
Btw,thanks for that map01 music file Catoptromancy.

Legacy was playing the song completely wrong. Only reason I recorded that to begin with. Certain parts are overlapping and start all at once.